PDA

View Full Version : SCOTT LAKE:WHAT COMES AROUND....

NY BRED
11-25-2006, 06:23 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/80769.html

Trainer Scott Lake began serving a 30-day suspension last week for a clenbuterol positive incurred by one of his horses at Delaware Park in June. The ban, which lasts through late December, will most likely cost Lake any chance of setting the record for most wins by a trainer in one year.

kenwoodallpromos
11-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Does his assistants get credit if his horse wins? Or is his Del horses placed with another official trainer for the suspension?

ELA
11-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Delaware just closed so those horses will go wherever they will go. Standard proceedure is for the assitant trainer to be listed as the new trainer; and the other alternative (more common for multiple division operations) is for one assistant to become the new head trainer of record and for him/her to be listed at every location (like Scott Blasi and Steve Assmusen).

Eric

NY BRED
11-26-2006, 05:30 PM
magically, the stats drop when the replacements enter the picture.

the original trainer, now suspended, still has control, and is free to
bet or instruct his assistant where to enter the respective horses.

The bigger issue is how the owners react and do they aways lose their
purse money after a drug violation is uncovered.

as important, it would be interesting to note if they continue
with their trainer or shift barns.

in the final anaysis, the majority of owners blink on these suspensions
as greed, rather than compassion for their horse, is their main objective.

if this were not the case, most of these repeaters would be out of the game.

blind squirrel
11-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Does his assistants get credit if his horse wins? Or is his Del horses placed with another official trainer for the suspension?

Sott Blasi just won CD'S training title with
Steve Assmussen's stable,Blasi gets the record.

NY BRED
11-26-2006, 08:24 PM
looks like I"m wrong on at least one trainer,unless Blasi
took the title in combo with Asmussen's
previous wins before the suspension.

not being sarcastic, just curious on that point

either way, 17 wins is impressive in KY

cj
11-26-2006, 08:35 PM
The two guys that took over for Dutrow in New York and New Jersey, who I can't remember their names, had no problem winning at 25%+.

BIG49010
11-27-2006, 09:57 AM
I wish it would happen more often, I have made more money on Blasi, then I ever did on Assmussen. It takes the crowd sometime to figure this out, and the stats for Blasi in the form, do not reflect the strengths of Assmussen.

I have made money on Dutrow and Assmussens misfortunes, and look forward to plugging in Lakes assistants name when he takes over. I play then as if they are still incharge.

First Time Blinks
11-27-2006, 10:41 AM
The two guys that took over for Dutrow in New York and New Jersey, who I can't remember their names, had no problem winning at 25%+.

Juan Rodriguez in NY, and Lawrence Walters (Dutrow's stepbrother) in NJ. Actually Walters was up over 30%.