10-17-2002, 10:05 AM
www.geocities.com/nywagering/

3rd article
Paul Moran (Newsday)

11th article

DRF Drug reform or business as usual

hurrikane
10-17-2002, 02:49 PM
what surprises me is that you can name an alternate in NY. I'm not sure why they don't pay out on the P6 the way they do on the p4 with scratches. Of course that would reduce the pot but may ease some greef.

superfecta
10-17-2002, 09:24 PM
Moran is obviously a frustrated pick 6 player.The fact that some races come off the turf in bad weather is for safety,not to screw the bettor.To run the race in bad weather on turf is a good way of getting horses and jocks killed.And weather is a handicapping factor,deal with it or go home.If you think the track will be too wet to run on turf,you had better handicap for it,use alternate tickets if its a possibility that the weather will prohibit turf racing.Thats why its handicapping,picking six straight winners on a card.

ceejay
10-19-2002, 10:58 AM
My current solution when I'm planning to play the P6 is to checking the weather forcast. If it looks like rain is probable I don't make the bets.

I agree with Moran that a race (or races) is taken off the turf after the end of the last non-pick-6 race on the card that the pick 6 should drop those races and be a pick 5 or 4.

I disagree with Moran on one point. Any carryover into that day should not be paid to the now-P5 (or whatever) winners and should carryover to the next racing day.