Light
11-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Those guys need sensitivity training.

csperberg
11-23-2006, 07:14 PM
We all know what PETA really stands for, People Eat Tons of Animals.:lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-24-2006, 12:23 AM
You know what's terribly ironic about Light's post?

If you replace the word TURKEY with the word WOMAN in the story that Light linked to above, you'd have a somewhat accurate description of the way the fairer sex is treated in some Middle Eastern nations.....yet he chooses to concentrate on the horrors endured by turkeys at, of all times, the AMERICAN tradition of Thanksgiving.....

You're quite the advocate Mr. Light.

JPinMaryland
11-24-2006, 11:20 AM
From turkeys to the Middle East; who's in charge of keeping these threads on topic?

Tom
11-24-2006, 11:21 AM
It was allah's will.

betovernetcapper
11-24-2006, 01:02 PM
It was allah's will.
:lol:

Light
11-24-2006, 01:40 PM
You know what's terribly ironic about Light's post?

If you replace the word TURKEY with the word WOMAN in the story that Light linked to above, you'd have a somewhat accurate description of the way the fairer sex is treated in some Middle Eastern nations.....yet he chooses to concentrate on the horrors endured by turkeys at, of all times, the AMERICAN tradition of Thanksgiving.....

You're quite the advocate Mr. Light.

Not all middle eastern nations are backwards in treating their women. Lebanon is one example. But it did cross my mind that if you substituted Iraqis for Turkeys you wouldn't lose much accuracy. The Abu Grabe incident as well as the rapes and murders by U.S. servicemen to Iraqis are similar to the lack of respect to Turkeys. They are abused,their deaths are meaningless and their lives only count if Americans benefit.

betovernetcapper
11-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Regarding Aub Grabes-The detainees didn't get there for overdue parking tickets. They were invited, because of terrorist activities. boo-hoo

There was an incident involving a rape and murder earlier in the year. The Bush government brought these guys to court-tried them and sententenced them to 90 years. This hardly indicates to me that the government is encouraging rape and murder.

Light
11-25-2006, 02:49 AM
Regarding Aub Grabes-The detainees didn't get there for overdue parking tickets. They were invited, because of terrorist activities. boo-hoo

Regardless of the reason they are detained,they have a right to be treated humanely under the Geneva Accords. Piling them up naked on top of eachother is inhumane humiliation and serves no other pupose.I wouldn't treat Turkeys that way either.

There was an incident involving a rape and murder earlier in the year. The Bush government brought these guys to court-tried them and sententenced them to 90 years. This hardly indicates to me that the government is encouraging rape and murder.

Doesn't impress me. Where do you think those poor misguided troops that caused these crimes against humanity learned their hate from. What do you think war is? What do you think slaughterhouses are?

betovernetcapper
11-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Regardless of the reason they are detained,they have a right to be treated humanely under the Geneva Accords. Piling them up naked on top of eachother is inhumane humiliation and serves no other pupose.

I don't think the terrorists are signatures of the Geneva Accord. Stacking them naked on top of each other does have a purpose. They take up less space.

I am reminded of a saying of Pali Siddhatta Gautama (Buddha)
Water is wet
. .Rocks are hard
. . and it sucks to be a turkey on Thanksgiving

Tom
11-25-2006, 11:20 AM
So light, we should follow the muslem tradition and just behead them all?
What gets me is cretins like YOU in an uproar over bascially noting while supporting beheading, torture, mutilation of women, deprevations of basic freedoms, and other astrosicites all outlined in the koran, or as I call it, Evil for Dummies!

Light
11-25-2006, 12:22 PM
There is a broader picture. When radical extremists cut off someones head,what do you think of it? When U.S. troops create hell holes where detainees are in stress positions,sleep deprivation,20 hour interrogations,beat to death,chained spread eagle to beds,etc,...what do you think the rest of the world sees?

Torture does nothing for Turkeys except force toxins through their system which in turn you ingest. Your Turkey and you would be healthier if they were treated humanely. Same for detainees.Torture does nothing for our country except create more enemies. Our country would be healthier and more respected in the world community if we didnt succumb to the low lifeness we criticize.

PaceAdvantage
11-25-2006, 03:03 PM
From turkeys to the Middle East; who's in charge of keeping these threads on topic?

I thought it was a rather clever twist on my part....oh well....

PaceAdvantage
11-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Not all middle eastern nations are backwards in treating their women.

I know this. Note the use of the word SOME in my post.