PDA

View Full Version : simpson book and tv special cancelled

nativenova
11-20-2006, 04:27 PM
NEW YORK — After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has cancelled the O.J. Simpson book and TV special If I Did It.’’

Finally doing the right thing ,Fox should be ashamed of itself for even thinking of airing that special.

boomman
11-20-2006, 04:51 PM
I guess the people have spoken!!!

Stevie Belmont
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
It will make it on the air somewhere.....

blind squirrel
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
NEW YORK — After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has cancelled the O.J. Simpson book and TV special If I Did It.’’

Finally doing the right thing ,Fox should be ashamed of itself for even thinking of airing that special.

FOX,home of "FAMILY VALUES",OREILLY,HANNITY,AND OJ!

Lefty
11-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Not that particular interview. They said they burned the tape.

Lefty
11-20-2006, 08:08 PM
FOX,home of "FAMILY VALUES",OREILLY,HANNITY,AND OJ!
No, b.s., O.J. won't be apearing what about that don't you get. Have you ever seen someone on the News part of a network get slam the programming part of the same network? A first for me.

so.cal.fan
11-20-2006, 08:35 PM
A wise decision. The broadcast would have gotten a huge audience.....make no mistake about that....and Fox would have made a huge profit, however, it would have come back to bite them in the butt.
In the long run......best decision all the way around.
I hope no one buys OJ's book.....what a disgrace, what a sociopath.
I suppose Scott Peterson will be next......IF I did it (of course I didn't), How I Murdered Lacey and Connor. :(
I know none of us on this board will buy that book. We are all far too integrous. :ThmbUp:

blind squirrel
11-20-2006, 08:51 PM
No, b.s., O.J. won't be apearing what about that don't you get. Have you ever seen someone on the News part of a network get slam the programming part of the same network? A first for me.

Oh yeah?i never watch FOX,i don't understand GERMAN.

Tom
11-20-2006, 11:08 PM

I hear Dan Rather is looking for expose material for his new show!:rolleyes:

Tom
11-20-2006, 11:10 PM

That's the second language you obviously don't understand. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

JustRalph
11-20-2006, 11:22 PM
they should have played it. they would have made money. It would have died down in a few weeks. Then they could have received major coverage by giving all the profits to the Goldman family...........these guys have no imagination..........turds in suits...........get with it!

Tom
11-20-2006, 11:27 PM
GIVE money away? :lol:
Oh, Ralph, good one!

Lefty
11-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Then it's pretty damn silly criticizing something you don't watch, isn't it?
A blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while, they say, so keep rooting, buddy boy.

Lefty
11-20-2006, 11:46 PM
so Cal, the book's not going forward either. All copies inthe warehouse have been destroyed and they're tring to recall the ones already sent out. The only bad thing is: since they signed contracts they'll prob have to pay off O.J.

kenwoodallpromos
11-21-2006, 06:45 AM
I wanted to watch the show! I was hoping OJ would explain why he did not clean up all the obvious blood in the Bronco in the 4 days befor the vehicle was impounded!

OTM Al
11-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Anyone that thinks O'Reilly was the first Fox TV "person" to slam the network for its "values" hasn't ever watched The Simpsons.

Marge: You know, Fox turned into a hard-core sex channel so gradually, I didn't even notice.

Homer: This Friday, we're going back to the woods and we're going to find that alien!
Bart: What if we don't?
Homer: We'll fake it, and sell it to the Fox network.
Bart: [chuckles] They'll buy anything.
Homer: Now, son, they do a lot of quality programming, too.
[They both burst into laughter]
Homer: I kill me.

Homer: I'm the worst thing to happen to sports since Fox.

Krusty: Well, since I'm fresh out of options, I guess all that is left is for me to get a show on...hugh...Fox. What do you say?
Executive: I don't know...
Krusty: Oh, come on, you guys are famous for taking a chance on useless crap!

And there are just so many more.....

so.cal.fan
11-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Lefty,
I sure hope when they pay OJ, Goldman's attorney is there to collect the check!
My husband said he heard that OJ actually confessed to the murders?
Anyone else hear this? Not that it matters. :rolleyes:
If he didn't commit the murders, well....my relatives from the planet Clarion are coming to Sierra Madre for Thanksgiving Dinner..... :bang:

Tom
11-21-2006, 07:00 PM
So who was the lucky sap at FOX who got to tell OJ? :eek::lol:

Lefty
11-21-2006, 07:09 PM
So who was the lucky sap at FOX who got to tell OJ? :eek::lol:
Maybe they learned something from Brittany Spears and text messaged him...

so.cal.fan
11-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Don't know, Tom, maybe Greta Van Susteren? :lol:

Tom
11-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Ya gottta love the Post......

so.cal.fan
11-21-2006, 10:43 PM
You know what I wish you guys?
I wish OJ would sign on PA, and "defend" himself against us! :jump: :D
He would have a nightmare of a time, against all of us.

NoDayJob
11-22-2006, 12:30 AM
O.J.'s expose' will surely lead us to the "real killer[s]". He's been searching all these years. That's why he's doing it. It's not for fame, glory or da money. Give the guy a chance. "If da gluv don' fit, you must acquit", as the late J. Cockroach, so elloquently put it. I can hardly wait for this bomb to hit the TV screens and the bookstands. POUND, POUND, that's my heartbeat in anticipation. :jump:

NoDayJob
11-22-2006, 12:39 AM
If he didn't commit the murders, well....my relatives from the planet Clarion are coming to Sierra Madre for Thanksgiving Dinner..... :bang:

And you'll be serving deep fried ostrich? :)

BlueShoe
11-22-2006, 01:51 AM
First,let me make it quite clear that I am not advocating that any person or persons commit a crime--but,how the hell is this psycopath still alive?As hated and reviled as he is,it is a mystery as to why some KKK type,or skinhead,or just some cracker has not ended his life.He plays golf.A golf course has many places for a man to conceal himself.A man on a fairway would be a very easy target for a hidden skilled rifleman.A golf course could be exited very quickly.Like I said,Im just thinking our loud,not actually advising anyone to do such a deed,but if it happened----How did that song go from the Wizard of Oz?Oh yes,"ding dong the witch is dead,the wicked witch is dead".

so.cal.fan
11-22-2006, 09:01 AM
My husband wonders the same thing, Blue Shoe.
I'm suspecting the golf courses where he plays have extra security watching for snipers.
I was thinking one day, a hit may be made on him.......possibly by foreigners.
Hard to trace, and perhaps the authorities wouldn't even put that much effort into solving the "crime".
I am just disappointed he isn't broke and shunned by all. That would be the worst punishment for O.J. I am disgusted everytime I see him laughing and enjoying his day on the golf course, or signing autographs for stupid people! :mad:
A normal person would be haunted by guilt and shame, concerned that his children know he killed their mother. However....OJ isn't normal, he is a sociopath.

kenwoodallpromos
11-22-2006, 01:54 PM
The guy who testified "OJ told me he had a dream about killing his wife" and "I guess I was just OJ's servant in the end".
OJ's cousin (has dna and hair of a "close relative". Owned watch caps the killer's size, large- OJ had extra large), go-fer, wannabe, knew Fuhrman prior to the killings. Deposited money into his own bank account the morning after the killings (Monday).
We still never learned what ever happened to the $100 OJ had at the 9PM hour, or who took the missing spare Bronco keys, or whose unidentidied blood was on the sterring wheel (came out at trial it was not AC's).
Was a high school football player who was not good enough to get a college scholarship. under 6" tall.
According to Nichole's friend in her book, OJ paid Shipp to spy on Nichole whever OJ when out of town and could not do it himself.
BTW, Nichole had a footprint on the back of her dress in the middle of her back.
Of course, cops never cover for other cops!

banacek
12-04-2006, 07:11 PM
This is a video of a little bit of the first Chris Rock show (around 1997). In the last few seconds he talks about an OJ video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/lKdD4bKvEus (http://www.youtube.com/v/lKdD4bKvEus)

PaceAdvantage
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM
That's quite the coincidence.....life imitating art....

spilparc
12-04-2006, 10:18 PM
That's quite the coincidence.....life imitating art....

Art imitating life.

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Art imitating life.

Not if the art came before the life.