PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Cablevision customers!!!

andicap
11-20-2006, 09:51 AM
I am wondering if there are any people in the Cablevision Systems service area who would either

a) switch to Cablevision or
b) upgrade to the digital box package from the Family Cable

if they got HRTV as part of the digital service.

I'm trying to convince the company to add HRTV (it already has TVG) but need to show them it would be profitable to do so.
CVC has a solid service -- I only switched to Dish Network recently in order to get HRTV, but I get tree blockage issues in the warm months and can't get the channel. I hate switching back and forth and just want CVC to get HRTV

Milleruszk
11-20-2006, 12:28 PM
I do not believe that Cablevision in NJ even offers TVG never mind HRTV. I just had their repair guy at my house last week to fix my internet connection and he gave me an IO channel listing. TVG was not listed. Whenever Cablevision sales calls me trying to get me back as a customer, I always tell them no TVG no HRTV.....forget it!

njcurveball
11-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Comcast in South Jersey doesn't have either channel. All of the racing fans I know around here have went to the Dish.

JimG
11-20-2006, 01:38 PM
-- I only switched to Dish Network recently in order to get HRTV, but I get tree blockage issues in the warm months and can't get the channel. I hate switching back and forth and just want CVC to get HRTV

That's why I do not have dishnetwork and eventually gave up directv. Wonder if the neighbors would mind me cutting down a few of their trees:lol: Anyhow, while Cox has TVG and HRTV in some areas, we cannot get either channel where I live. I keep hoping.

Jim

Stevie Belmont
11-20-2006, 01:38 PM
If you are a horse player in NJ....You get the shaft.....

njcurveball
11-20-2006, 01:40 PM
You got that right Stevie! When there is a major race on TV, I get to see how far the 4NJBETS tote is, as well as the picture. It is delayed so much, I can almost use it for a replay!

ELA
11-20-2006, 02:34 PM
I was told the same thing -- no TVG in NJ. However, alas, thankfully not true. Cablevision in the Northwest part of Bergen County (Mahwah, Ramsey, Saddle River, etc.) does in fact offer TVG as part of a "sports package" and the cost is minimal. It comes in as Channel 402 -- not that it means anything to anyone outside this cable provider's area.

Also, they are currently in the process of finding out if HRTV is an "eligible" channel/offering for the area and what the details, specifcs, etc. are.

Not sure if this helps anyone but Cablevision should be able to have more seamless offerings from one area/providor to the next.

Eric

bigmack
11-20-2006, 02:41 PM
If you are a horse player in NJ....You get the shaft.....
Now that's a raw deal

http://home.twcny.rr.com/shaft/pictures/shaft71.gif

Zman179
11-20-2006, 04:13 PM
I would rather take my bottom lip and pull it over my head than switch to Cablevision.
Time Warner Cable is heaven on Earth compared to them.

richrosa
11-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Andicap,

You and I are across the sound from each other. I switched to Cablevision about two years ago when I had the same problem with trees on my property. I actually haven't regretted it all. With the triple pack (phone, internet, cable) you can save a lot of money for at least a year and possibly more.

On Long Island they have the Nassau OTB channel on 72 and TVG on 402. Both have excellent picture quality.

I doubt they'll offer HRTV, since they already have TVG, but you never know.

GARY Z
11-20-2006, 08:25 PM
check if you have the upgraded sports package (4.99 monthly)

channel 402 is tvgn

i've asked cablevision repeatedly to consider htr with zero success

sure miss the med/mth broadcasts

andicap
11-20-2006, 10:04 PM
check if you have the upgraded sports package (4.99 monthly)

channel 402 is tvgn

i've asked cablevision repeatedly to consider htr with zero success

sure miss the med/mth broadcasts

Gary,
TVG does not carry either Med or Mth -- I do not know if HRTV does.

Tom
11-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Gary,
TVG does not carry either Med or Mth -- I do not know if HRTV does.

Yes, they do. Both.
If you are having tree issues, Ihave two wrods for you - chain saw.

speedking
11-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I recently moved from Center City Philadelphia to the suburbs. Got Comcast cable and Philly Phonebet. Graphics and video best described as "retro" and no NY tracks! Switched to DirecTV after a few weeks and no TVG or HRTV included in my "comprehensive" (expensive) package. Needed to upgrade to a special sports package with a lot of foreign soccer and high school football to get TVG. HRTV is not an option! I have a good sightline from the terribly placed dish, but I have probably lost service 20 times in the last few weeks from wind, sunspots and who the hell knows what! Will probably switch to DishTV as soon as I figure a way out of this contract.

I was way better off 10 years ago with a 10' satellite dish and some blackmarket chip sets;)

speedking

OTM Al
11-21-2006, 09:30 AM
I paid the extra $4.95 a month to get the so called sports package so I could get TVG (Cablevision Brooklyn). Not even sure what is on the other channels in that package though I vaguely remember there being the Golf Channel. Would love to have both, especially for during the winter season when GP and SA are running.

The Hawk
11-21-2006, 10:05 AM
I have Cablevision, for my wife and for movies, and Dish for me. The ONLY reason to get Dish is for the horseracing (HRTV and TVG). I used to have Directv but switched because of the racing channels, and there is no comparison between Dish and Directv. Directv is far superior, except for the lack of racing channels. I would love for Cablevision to get HRTV so I can drop Dish.

alysheba88
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
I do not believe that Cablevision in NJ even offers TVG never mind HRTV. I just had their repair guy at my house last week to fix my internet connection and he gave me an IO channel listing. TVG was not listed. Whenever Cablevision sales calls me trying to get me back as a customer, I always tell them no TVG no HRTV.....forget it!

I live in NJ, have Cablevision and have TVG

skate
11-22-2006, 05:16 PM
what i have trouble understanding is, why not go thru Amer Tab (or such)?

you gt what ever race you are looking for, re-runs whatever.

hey, on the tree situation, try the Gipsy Moths
or Bark Bettles, depending on location

The Hawk
11-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Many states (like NJ) do not permit residents to sign up with ANY internet horse wagering accounts. Ameritab won't accept your account if your address is in NJ. In the case of NJ, your only option is the NJ Account Wagering (NJAW). And that's only convenient if you live close to Monmouth, Meadowlands or Freehold, otherwise deposits and withdrawls are to be done by snail mail.

Makes me feel good that the government has its priorities straight. Especially when walking by the World Trade Center site and passing a half dozen or so Middle Eastern guys selling pictures of burning towers and carnage to simple-minded tourists.

JustRalph
11-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Especially when walking by the World Trade Center site and passing a half dozen or so Middle Eastern guys selling pictures of burning towers and carnage to simple-minded tourists.

Are you serious? This goes on? Not in my town in wouldn't.............