PDA

View Full Version : Hoosier Pick-4 Payoff

schweitz
11-17-2006, 01:03 PM
There has been some talk recently of under paying pick-3 payoffs so I thought I'd share a very generous pick-4 payoff from Hoosier on 11-16.

All four legs were won by the favorite:

Race # 8 --- won at 1.5 to 1

Race # 9 --- won at 1.6 to 1

Race #10--- won at even money

Race #11--- won at 2 to 1

$2 payoff = $355.40 :)

njcurveball
11-17-2006, 01:37 PM
kudos to the Morning Line maker here.

He had the $4 winner of the 10th 12-1 and the $6 winner of the 11th 5-1. I know people here are smart enough to do their own thinking, but the pool is only $10,000. There must be a lot of local money in it. Casual bettors usually only handicap a race or two in the Pick 4 and then use the Program picks.

Hoosier is very close to Charles Town for the worst Morning Line. I think the guy who makes it use to be a Weatherman. ;-)

You are correct with the odds that was the "cream of the crop". I hope you had it at least a few times.

boomman
11-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Schweitz/Curveball: I also had this pick 4 and was amazed when I looked at probable pay-offs going into the last race of the pick 4.....I agree that it is a combination of a horrendous morning line, full fields, and casual handicappers. With the .50 pick 4 there, I was able to easily include a 65x1 shot in the first leg under Steve Capeles last week... the horse should have been about 10x1 and returned $130+ dollars to win...Full fields+uneducated players+poor morning line=$$$$$$$$$$

Boomer

Zman179
11-17-2006, 02:33 PM
People rail about betting cheap tracks, but where else could you see a pick 4 pay this kind of money? NEVER at a top-tiered track.

jballscalls
11-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Schweitz/Curveball: I also had this pick 4 and was amazed when I looked at probable pay-offs going into the last race of the pick 4.....I agree that it is a combination of a horrendous morning line, full fields, and casual handicappers. With the .50 pick 4 there, I was able to easily include a 65x1 shot in the first leg under Steve Capeles last week... the horse should have been about 10x1 and returned $130+ dollars to win...Full fields+uneducated players+poor morning line=$$$$$$$$$$

Boomer

Boom what tracks dont you play?!?!?!? LOL hope all is well :)

Jason

Valuist
11-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Here's the deal with Hoosier. Early in the meet I hit several P3s that should've paid real low; $50 to $100, but they paid around $175 to $200, which was tremendous value. Then I hit a couple P3s that should paid over $500, and they came back in the $200-$225 range. Their pools in the multirace wagers are just too small to be efficient. Sometimes it works to your benefit, but sometimes it won't. After seeing a couple signer-like P3s not even pay half that, I finally quit betting into their P3 pools.

boomman
11-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Boom what tracks dont you play?!?!?!? LOL hope all is well :)

Jason

Thanks Jason, you're sounding good up there in the great (wet) Northwest! I even play Portland (even though I'm not sure that track has ever been fast in the history of the world!) LOL Basically, I search for value wherever it may be, but I do find the cheaper the horses are, the bigger edge I seem to have, so it's not unusual to see me playing the "cheaper" horse venues, ESPECIALLY if there are a lot of 'em in the race! Speaking of cheap horses, just caught a nice Pick 4 single at Tup in a 3200 claimer with "Gigha" at 5x1 and Carl "The truth" Williams aboard, my buddy from Yavapai!

As for Hoosier Valuist, I find if I can beat a big chalk in any leg of the Pick 4 there, especially if Rodney Prescott is aboard one of the beaten chalks, you get overlays...And I don't care about small pools, I simply wager according to size of the aforementioned pool...Boom

Buddha
11-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Their pools in the multirace wagers are just too small to be efficient. Sometimes it works to your benefit, but sometimes it won't.

Like at CT last week. 10/1, 10/1, 6/1, 10/1. 4 of 4 paid 1300. Would have thought that it paid more. I hit one over the summer that was like 5/1, 5/2, 7/1, 7/2 and it pays $1204. half the odds, essentially the same price.