PDA

View Full Version : Gay Children

luv_america
11-17-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm going to quote the musician Moby as he told World Entertainment News earlier this week.

“[Gay children] are less likely to get into a fight and less likely to date rape people. I’m straight but I’ve grown up around gay people and gay clubs. They are superior to straight people. If you have a gay child you’re more inclined to be a prouder parent.”

I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against gay people. What shocks me is what if you replaced the words straight in here. The outrage from the PC crowd would be deafening.

In my opinion this is the elitist left again at work. If you aren't like us, in this example you are a potential date raper and you are a less prouder parent. Moby is elitist scum.

JPinMaryland
11-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Im curious if you feel the same way about Glenn Beck after he asked the Muslim congressman from MN about whether he was an enemy of America? Then he says "Im not asking you to prove your patriotism."

luv_america
11-17-2006, 11:35 AM
I dunno anything about that. How does that relate to Moby's comment?

delayjf
11-17-2006, 11:38 AM
The musician Moby, now that's somebody to emulate. This guy is living in a gay dream world.

JPinMaryland
11-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Here is a clip of it and some quotes:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200611150004

Beck says "I know Muslims. I like Muslims. I've been to mosques. I really don't believe that Islam is a religion of evil. I -- you know, I think it's being hijacked, quite frankly..."

What if he said the same thing about Christianity? "I dont believe its a religion of evil but it's being hijacked?" WOuld people react differently?

HEre's the other quote I referred to:

"And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, "Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies."
And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."

luv_america
11-17-2006, 01:14 PM
no, no JP that won't work.

You are doing a liberal trick. You are trying to equate some moral equivelence between Christians and Muslims. Its absurd and doesn't merit a response.

The main reasons Muslims are untrusted in this country is because no one believes their hollow denouncments of terrorism, and secondly because to many of them the words in the Koran mean that we are Infidels and must be converted or dead. Many don't go around saying that specifically, but I don't hear them denouncing it either.

Let's talk about Moby's liberal elitism before this thread gets hijacked.

kenwoodallpromos
11-17-2006, 02:50 PM
He's a stereotyper based on his limited non-gay observations who probably knows nothing about conflicted emotions of many gay persons. He's a non-starter to me.

luv_america
11-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Kenwood,

Well said. Agreed. The problem with him is that he's typical of many on the left who are elitist and impune such things as church going, religious people without the same understanding of who they are. Its is they who call everyone else close-minded, until you actually understand that many times it is they who have the closed mind.

JPinMaryland
11-17-2006, 05:31 PM
If this is so typical of the left, why dont you find some gay comments from more "mainstream" or well known types?

I dont think most liberals feel this way. I think the reasoning is absurd in any event. Can you show us some proof that most liberals think this way?

luv_america
11-17-2006, 06:30 PM
JP,

I said many, NOT most. I think MANY people are liberal not because they are elitist, but because they are either not paying attention or haven't heard the conservative side of things. That's a whole whole other argument.

Are you defending this guy and his comments? Why don't we focus on that. That's the thread we're on.

Bala
11-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Why is it that the so called main stream media also seem to show gay and lesbian marriages and their adopted children in a positive light? {aka; Rosie O'donnell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosie_O'Donnell)}

If you would take the time to look at the big picture not just celebrity marriages of this type you come to a very different determination.

Gay and Lesbian unions suffer much more from physical abuse, infidelity and sexually transmitted diseases than do traditional marriages as defined by the three great monotheistic religions. Bottom line, child protective services across this nation are full of children who were raised by gay unions, single parent household, drug addicted parent{s} etc...

bettheoverlay
11-17-2006, 07:17 PM
You got to be digging deep for vexation, to get vexed over Moby's view of anything. Vexation seems to be a powerful drug, hereabouts.

PlanB
11-18-2006, 09:24 AM
You got to be digging deep for vexation, to get vexed over Moby's view of anything. Vexation seems to be a powerful drug, hereabouts.

hehe, Well said. Moby owned a tea shop in downtown NYC but I never saw him there, but his music makes great party playing.

Tom
11-18-2006, 10:21 AM
JP,

I said many, NOT most. I think MANY people are liberal not because they are elitist, but because they are either not paying attention or haven't heard the conservative side of things. That's a whole whole other argument.

Or maybe they heard of them, but spent the last six years looking for them in action and failed to find them. Certainly, a quest for conservative views would not lead on to the republican congress or white house. A quest for confusion, failure, and incompetance might, though!;)