PDA

View Full Version : Hoyer, not Murtha, elected House majority leader

PaceAdvantage
11-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Democrats may have earned political capital by winning the election, but apparently, that capital doesn't extend to Pelosi....damn shame she can't even get who she wants as Majority leader....trouble in paradise already?

Even though Hoyer is the No. 2 Democrat, Pelosi controversially threw her weight behind Murtha, earning an embarrassing defeat before she even gains control of the House.

Indulto
11-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Democrats may have earned political capital by winning the election, but apparently, that capital doesn't extend to Pelosi....damn shame she can't even get who she wants as Majority leader....trouble in paradise already?Maybe and maybe not. I'm for giving credit to Dems who voted against Murtha thus avoiding another opportunity to shoot themselves in their collective foot. ;)

Maybe I'm being duped by Pelosi and it was all orchestrated to create that impression. :confused: In any case, I'm sure she knew the vote was going to go against Murtha ahead of time, but maybe she owed him a favor. Who thinks we'll get the real story anytime soon?

Ponyplayr
11-17-2006, 02:08 AM
Maybe and maybe not. I'm for giving credit to Dems who voted against Murtha thus avoiding another opportunity to shoot themselves in their collective foot. ;)

Maybe I'm being duped by Pelosi and it was all orchestrated to create that impression. :confused: In any case, I'm sure she knew the vote was going to go against Murtha ahead of time, but maybe she owed him a favor. Who thinks we'll get the real story anytime soon?
I'm not so sure that the vote was going against Murtha when she endorsed him.

It was his reform is crap comment and the Ab-scam video that did him in. :liar:
What a maroon!!!

Tom
11-17-2006, 07:13 AM
And now some dems are openly calling for Howard Dean to be fired! :jump:
The pressure is alreay getting to them.

luv_america
11-17-2006, 08:20 AM
It is the House Democrats who did the right thing here, not Pelosi.

My only issue with Hoyer, is that he may be all the way to the far left. Murtha, as much as I despise his position on Iraq was a lot more of a centrist. But then again, who I am fooling. I'd like them to try to be as far left as they can get for a short period of time if they're not gonna go to the right so conservatives can get back the House. The 1994-type Conservatives, not the 2006 ones.

delayjf
11-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Maybe it was Rush Limbaugh's endorsement of Murtha that sealed his fate :lol: