PDA

View Full Version : Make a case for a horse at Keenland tommorrow

Suff
10-15-2002, 07:44 PM
4th race.. I like a horse 10-1 M/L...... He ran up at saratoga on Aug 28th in the 3rd. He really wanted to get involved in that race and he was up a close 4th between Calls out of the gate.. went backwards after that and lost by 17 , beating 2 home in a 10 horse field... Thats the good news.. Because if he looked great he would'nt be a price. Courts in the irons and that will hurt a lil,, because he does have his following. Nonetheless.. it was a very very green performance and he rushed up wide,, stayed wide and would have passed a few had he run straight and more professionally,,, and thats what I expect tommorrow out of MT. Vaughn #2

The top three in that 8-28 event are all winners now. Dr. Walsh won on Friday at Belmont going off at 1-1.

People won't bet this horse,, Cuz Zito's not really known for success with 2yr olds... Whitney stable takes it share off knocks... But that crowd has been in racing almost 200 years and I take them very seriously

There are 7 firsters in here anyone them could fire first out. Horse picks up that long Straightway at Keeneland for the 6.5 Furlong.. and he has More Gate speed than it looks.. I watched the Race Replay of that Saratoga race a bunch of times,,, and Mt Vaughn had very goood early speed.. but was outside 4 or 5 other early speed and was untracked early on... Not to mention the INside Bias at the Spa,, Virtually the whole meet!

Your gonna have a 4-5.. maybe 3-5 in that 3 Horse Mustang Jock.. and he does look Tough in here.. But I'd be concerned that the horse has never had to pass anyone past the 3 furlong Marker... and he's gave up the lead TWICE after leading at the top of stretch call... Going off at .90 and 1.90 both times... Is that a Pile of George Washingtons I smell Burning?

I'm going to play Mt Vaughn...in Pick 3's as the last end,, the middle and the starter KEY... using on a wide pik 6 tik as well

zieglerjw
10-15-2002, 08:12 PM
are we looking at a "key race " type of selection ?? if so, it looks real good..

Suff
10-15-2002, 10:07 PM
I've been working the whole card scince 4 this afternoon and I'll post my Picks either later tonight or first in the AM.... I'm looking for Value on this Mt. Vaughn and hoping for 15-1... and Probably will alter my Bets if I get him at 7-1 or less... Its a value play , certainly not a BEST bet.. Its kind of an angle play in that I watch and follow alot of races and horses and I see a few things here the casual bettor probably will not. I'm probably one of a few hundred people that spends his free time on RaceReplays.com watching horses finish 8th..over and over and over...

Suff
10-16-2002, 05:05 PM
see the race? Absolutely BASHED by the 3 horse out of the gate.. in VERY tight up the rail.... swung back and out wide at the FAR turn... Coming LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN at 23-1 down the stretch... and BOOM.. out of a cannon comes the FAV... I was having $$$ dreams with 100 yards to go..... would have made a MINIMUM of 5 grand if he wins,, had him EVERYWHERE.. HEAVY... Heres the worst news... Never see him at DOUBLE DIGIT odds again in his lifetime.... Man... but .. still 285 dollar tri and 2800 dollar super... and I had niether... Hope someone else did...

2nd at 23-1... stings like a biatch

Mike P
10-16-2002, 10:23 PM
Nice pick! I've seen some complaints on this board regarding Racereplays.com. Are you happy with it and do you use a cable modem?

Suff
10-17-2002, 12:57 AM
Thanks,,, did you see the race.. Horse had the lead with 75-100 yards to go... closed from 7th.. on a 5 wide move and had alot left,,, but the 1 was the superior horse who got a "Dream Trip"... Oh well... still smarting... another quick story.. I never bet my Home track, Suffolk Downs.. But today I was there and I saw a horse I thought was under bet at 14-1.. so I keyed in a Pick three and he won... I needed the 2 horse in the last leg for 800 balloons... 6 horse field, no clear favorite. 2 horse (barroom Brawler) is 5-1.... Gate opens,, No HORSE!! I'm looking,, and looking and sure enough,, no Horse leaves the two hole,,, so I figure, it was a gate scratch and I get the Betting FAV... who wins. But they pan the Track Camera around and guess who is still standing in the TWO post? BARROOM BRAWLER!!! NEVER LEFT THE GATE.. NOW ITS POURING IN BOSTON AND SQUINTING AT THE REPLAY TRYING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED.. AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE HORSE WAS HOOKED ON SOMETHING TO HIS RIGHT.. BUT WITHE RAIN AND THE POOR VISIBILTY ITS HARD TO SEE... SO,, THEY ANNOUNCE A STEWARDS INQUIRY,,, ABOUT 90 SECONDS LATER,, THEY ANNOUNCE,,, THE 2 HORSE "REFUSED TO START" AND THE GATE OPENED AND THAT CONSTITUTES A RACE. Well I'm pissed,,, down to the racing commisioners office I go,,,, and I say hey look,, what Jockey or GAte attendant is going to Rat themselves out and say I was hooked on the horse and the Jockey held him in the gate? The stewards did a 90 second phone call to someone down there who simply states "REFUSED TO START?? " I said the horse has 20 starts,, never even had a bad break,, never refused,, never stopped in a race, never eased.. and you GONNNA JUST SAY REFUSED after talking to ONE BANANNA PICKER at the starting GATE???? GIMME the forms I wanna file a formal complaint,, and I did,, and hopefully Suffolk will have to at least give the MATTER MORE THAN 60 seconds consideration.

Back to Race Replays,,, I only use the free service that NYRA.com has a Partnership with and I like it OK,,, Its awlays worked,, its easy and it helps habdicap NO DOUBT,,,,, But to improve they should a couple of things... I might like to look at the break OVER AND OVER,, but I have to stop and RELOAD the whole clip to see it over and over.. and that takes a minute or so,,, I'd like to be able move within the video and not just watch the whole thing and watch the whol thing again. and ALSO.. i'd like the HEAD-ON replay included... I think they are trying to attract the BETTORS who want to watch the races they bet on,, but with so much FREE VIDEO,, live and archived everywhere.. I think they better start Tailoring it to the Handicapper who is anaylizing races.. but since its free I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS !!