PDA

View Full Version : Another hundred years of Oil.......?

JustRalph
11-14-2006, 06:01 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15715744/

World oil supply still plentiful, study shows

Influential think tank dismisses 'peak oil' theory, sees production rising

HOUSTON - World oil production will not begin to fall for at least another 24 years, contrary to doomsday theories that supply is already in terminal decline, a prominent energy consulting group said Tuesday.

Cambridge Energy Research Associates said in a report that the world has some 3.74 trillion barrels of oil left -- enough to last 122 years at current consumption rates and triple the amount estimated by “peak oil” theorists.

The world consumes nearly 85 million barrels of oil per day, with the United States using about a quarter of that, according to the Department of Energy.

~more at the link~

Bala
11-14-2006, 06:57 PM
So that is why Oil is down 20% since Hurricane Katrina.

No wait, that can't be right. Can it? The experts and their computer models tell us global warming will lead to devastating Hurricanes this year. Curiously, this year was the mildest hurricane and tornado season ever recorded.

Not to worry, next year the sky will most certainly fall.

Lefty
11-14-2006, 07:38 PM
So that is why Oil is down 20% since Hurricane Katrina.

No wait, that can't be right. Can it? The experts and their computer models tell us global warming will lead to devastating Hurricanes this year. Curiously, this year was the mildest hurricane and tornado season ever recorded.

Not to worry, next year the sky will most certainly fall.
Al Gore got some splainin' to do.

Bala
11-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Antarctic Ice Sheet growing, defying global warming.
http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO2ScienceB2C/articles/V9/N45/C2.jsp

Contrary to all the horror stories one hears about global warming-induced mass wastage of the Antarctic ice sheet leading to rising sea levels that gobble up coastal lowlands worldwide, the most recent decade of pertinent real-world data suggest that forces leading to just the opposite effect are apparently prevailing, even in the face of what climate alarmists typically describe as the greatest warming of the world in the past two millennia or more.

46zilzal
11-19-2006, 07:11 PM
keep cherry picking and missing the point

luv_america
11-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Good news!! I'm going to get a bigger car to piss off the environmentalists!!

NoDayJob
11-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm having it modified to accomadate a WWII Allison aircraft engine. It'll use a gallon of gas ever two minutes, idling, when it's finished. Oh yeah, you can synthesize oil by combining calcium carbonate, iron oxide and water, then subjecting it to 50,000 atmospheres. Probably why there's oil in Kazakstan. Tree huggers beware. :jump:

Bala
11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
keep cherry picking and missing the point
I did not expect you to take a detailed look at that site I referenced. But to inform you the “Center for Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change” has a massive climate database going back at least 120 years. Along with it's sister site “U.S. Historical Climatology Network” (USHCN) are widely referenced by scientific journals around the world.

I'm sorry the data does not fit into your preconceived notions.

At the very least I hope you can handicap the races objectively.

Tom
11-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Cherry picking, eh?
Cheeries are growing like hotcakes in this heat! Market is booming. Speculators are buying up SUV's to haul home the cash!
Global warming been very very good to me! :lol: