PDA

View Full Version : Confused by Polytrack/Polytrak

karlskorner
11-13-2006, 03:45 PM
BREEDING WINNERS (www.breedingwinners.com) has a new page with 50 or so listed horses who have greater than 4 winners, called Polytrack Surface SIRE WINS since 09/07/05.

Of course he fails to mention which trade named Polytrack/Polytrak. Is it the waxed covered sand or the rubberized covered sand or 1 of the 2/3 other trade names which claim theirs is the best. How about fish scales covered sand or white birch bark covered sand. All very confusing.

bigmack
11-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm still confused about the various types of turf. Is it Bermuda, Rysport, Ruby Fescue, Bent or the dreaded type Bill Murray referred to in Caddyshack where you're given the option of smoking it. How does one create a variant for the latter?

http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/f9/82/cc_1_b.JPG

karlskorner
11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Of coure Breeding Winners will have to add an additional page covering which Track is using which brand of PolyTrack/Polytrak. Are you confused yet ?

bigmack
11-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Of course he fails to mention which trade named Polytrack/Polytrak. Is it the waxed covered sand or the rubberized covered sand or 1 of the 2/3 other trade names which claim theirs is the best. How about fish scales covered sand or white birch bark covered sand. All very confusing.
There's a pile of nuances in the game, for me to wrap myself around the use of waxed sand/rubberized sand or fish scales/birch bark is a detail I can live without.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=TheChangingLandscapeHandicappingAL LWeatherSurfaces

BillW
11-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Of coure Breeding Winners will have to add an additional page covering which Track is using which brand of PolyTrack/Polytrak. Are you confused yet ?

Have you written to the site you are referring to? They would be in a better position to clear up any confusion that you may have.

robert99
11-13-2006, 06:12 PM
BREEDING WINNERS (www.breedingwinners.com) has a new page with 50 or so listed horses who have greater than 4 winners, called Polytrack Surface SIRE WINS since 09/07/05.

Website states these stats are for Turfway polytrack. That covers original polytrack, as first laid, plus any results since it was redone properly.

Robert Fischer
11-13-2006, 06:47 PM
i like what this website did to compare Sires on two different types of All Weather Tracks;

http://www.flatstats.co.uk/newsletters/horse_racing_newsletter_6.html#bookmark5

this type of information could be useful as with cushion , turfway, woodbine, keeneland, new surfaces(tapeta?) etc..

linrom1
11-14-2006, 03:02 PM
I've made a few attempts to bet on poly, and now refuse to bet it. In one race at Hol the jocks went .50+ for 1/2f and the other race .26+ for 1/4f. Hell if i know which horse can run the fastest 1/16f down the stretch. I've tried to use the turf angle at Hol, but this is definitely not the angle to use. I would never bet Swiss Yodelers on turf, but, they seem to excel on poly. It took me 5 years to learn the best dirt and turf runners, and I don't want to spend another 5 trying to figure out poly.

JustRalph
11-14-2006, 04:56 PM
I am also not playing Hollywood after it being my best track over the last five years. I learned a lesson at Keeneland.