PDA

View Full Version : Another black eye for racing

cj
10-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Surely this is a joke, but it isn't April!

http://www.drf2000.com/bc/2002/classic/classic.html

CJ

ridersup
10-15-2002, 09:12 AM
Seems to me that the states of Florida and Illinois with their stricter rules on bleeders are trying to protect the horse and just as important as a side effect trying to protect the bettor. If you knew that a horse bled trough lasix twice would you want to make a sizable bet on that horse if he ran again within 14 days. Or just suppose the horse ran within 14 days of bleeding through lasix twice in a jurisdiction that allowed this without your knowledge. If I found out this occurred I would be pretty pissed.

Horses have been ruled off the track many times if they prove to be a danger to themselves or other horses and jockeys. I had a friend who had a horse that bolted 2 times while raciing and the horse was ruled off the track.

Its pretty dangerous out there and horses and jocks are in harms way with potential breakdown horse running in front of them.

Of course this is just my opinion but I applaud any attempt by the racing officials to try and protect the animals and the bettors.

Jerry
10-15-2002, 05:53 PM
I agree ridersup. Looking out for the horse translates to looking out for the jockey and the public. I applaud the states that do this.

LJ:)

cj
10-15-2002, 10:06 PM
Agreed on the safety aspect, just need some uniformity to the rules and regulations.

CJ

superfecta
10-15-2002, 11:19 PM
I have seen the tickets for the breeders cup that are being sold at Arlington now are for limited areas of the track where you cannot see the races except on tv.Who in their right mind would pay for a ticket to an event you can't see live?Thats like buying a ticket for the super bowl ,and having to watch it in the foyer of the stadium on tv.

Suff
10-16-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by superfecta
I have seen the tickets for the breeders cup that are being sold at Arlington now are for limited areas of the track where you cannot see the races except on tv.Who in their right mind would pay for a ticket to an event you can't see live?Thats like buying a ticket for the super bowl ,and having to watch it in the foyer of the stadium on tv. [B]

I don't buy seat anymore.. I did.. and I learned.. Its the race track... 100 bucks in the hand will get you alot more than 100 to the Track.... PLUS,,, do you know HOW COLD it will be in Chicago on Oct 24th?... Two years ago at belmont.. THE SEATS WERE EMPTY.. You coulda sat anywhere you wanted.. no one wanted to sit outside... If your Horseplayer.. you like angles,,, show up and play the angles.... In Chicago,, the ushers are probably UNION like they are in Boston and NY. Ask an Usher where you can find the Steward.. He'll be working a top notch section in the Clubhouse no doubt... Drop a C-note on him and you'll be well situated.. Gauranteed

Show Me the Wire
10-16-2002, 09:25 AM
BC logistics:

The majority of people will not have inside access to the building or paddock. There is not enough room. AP is a beautiful looking facility, but is not functional. The designers emphasized form over function. AP is built to hold approximately 30,000 patrons, while providing seating for approximately 10,000 patrons. Additionally, crowd flow is a problem.

The ushers are generally senior citizens or college kids working part-time. I do not believe they are unionized. Actually, I hear local and state law enforcement officers will be utilized to prevent patrons from roaming out of their assigned sections.

I believe the best seats in the house are located in the Marquee Village, a temporary tent. The area is situated on the clubhouse turn and it is elevated. This select area has elevated outdoor seating and indoor tent seating, as well as a buffet, included in the ticket price. Another feature is Marquis Village patrons have access to the main building and paddock.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Plan nothing and leave nothing undone