PDA

View Full Version : New Aquduct Surfaces

ratpack
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
I need some help, I can't seem to find it on the web.

Does anyone have the dates that Aqu installed there new surfaces.

Thanks in advance.

xfile
11-12-2006, 10:16 PM
what new surfaces?

BIG49010
11-12-2006, 10:18 PM
They put a pile of sand on it after they cancelled this week, and then scraped it all off on Saturday

ratpack
11-12-2006, 10:31 PM
what new surfaces?

They put a new inner track in and I am not sure about a new main and turf course and the dates of each.

I am updating my stats and I found the info on all the other tracks but Aqu.

First Time Blinks
11-13-2006, 08:00 AM
I don't recall AQU having changed anything for many years. Certainly not the last 5 years.

pat
11-13-2006, 08:39 AM
I assure you NYRA hasnt installed any type of track since the installation of the inner track in the 70s

Ron
11-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Nor can they afford to. :bang:

maxwell
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Aqu. has three types of main track:

Mud

Frozen

Cancelled

xfile
11-13-2006, 03:24 PM
They put a new inner track in and I am not sure about a new main and turf course and the dates of each.

Are you stuck in a time warp from 1975? :cool: Seriously - or were you in a coma from 1975 and just woke up?

Snow Chief
11-13-2006, 11:24 PM
i think the whole problem is they still have the main track that they installed in 1959. A great track in its prime, but not many surfaces hold up for 50 years (hard to believe Aqu is that old). The turf course is still excellent, it is a shame they had to tear up the outer turf to put that welfare track in. Maybe if someone with some capital gets the place they can put in polytrack on the main track and put back another turf course.

samyn on the green
11-14-2006, 12:01 AM
I was wondering when Jerome park was going to open this year. First Aqueduct gets a new surface out of the blue and now I can't get any info on my home track Jerome Park, whats this world coming to?

xfile
11-14-2006, 08:17 AM
I was wondering when Jerome park was going to open this year. First Aqueduct gets a new surface out of the blue and now I can't get any info on my home track Jerome Park, whats this world coming to?

Yes, they could run a Jerome Park meet in a parallel universe simultaneously with Aqueduct. And, hey, they can alternate races like the Ohio 7 and 7! :cool:

cj
11-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Yes, they could run a Jerome Park meet in a parallel universe simultaneously with Aqueduct. And, hey, they can alternate races like the Ohio 7 and 7! :cool:

They should start doing that with Finger Lakes and Aqueduct. With all the NY breds and maiden claimers at Aqueduct, Finger Lakes fans might not be happy though.

Tom
11-14-2006, 06:55 PM
They should start doing that with Finger Lakes and Aqueduct. With all the NY breds and maiden claimers at Aqueduct, Finger Lakes fans might not be happy though.:mad::mad::mad:

xfile
11-16-2006, 07:13 AM
They should start doing that with Finger Lakes and Aqueduct. With all the NY breds and maiden claimers at Aqueduct, Finger Lakes fans might not be happy though.

You know as strange as that may sound to most NY bettors, something needs to upset the apple cart in the Big Apple (eek that sounded strange) or they are going to remain penniless and running meets over 30 year old surfaces while the rest of the country's racetracks relish brand new state of the art Poly-Trak-Cushion-Tapeta racing strips! How's that for a run off at the gate sentence? :cool:

PriceAnProbability
11-16-2006, 10:54 PM
I need some help, I can't seem to find it on the web.

Does anyone have the dates that Aqu installed there new surfaces.

Thanks in advance.

The last big makeover the inner dirt got that I know of was in 1982, when they changed the base after it fell apart during a snowy winter.