PDA

View Full Version : Hot Buttons and Open Wounds

Indulto
11-12-2006, 04:30 AM
The thread, “Beyer: Breakdowns to Sharpen Surface Debate,” was recently closed ostensibly because of the misunderstandings and hard feelings generated among posters which had little to do with the topic of the thread. To the extent my participation contributed to that situation, I apologize to PA, TD, cj, and tlg.

I have to agree with tlg that “It's the internet boys....maybe you should try lightening up. There are more important things to worry about.” However it would seem that those things include the wounds that can be generated across it. We’re all big boys, but apparently we all have our hot buttons.

tlg feels he was “tag teamed.” That was not anyone’s intention, but I can understand how one might interpret that as the result. My first post to tlg anticipated TD's ultimate aggravation, but didn’t prevent it. The second was a direct response to a direct response without regard to what else was going on. I genuinely hope TD and tlg will retain their apparent one-time mutual respect and I doubt that my own attitude influenced the former.

cj, I did not intend that you interpret “figure-making tlg-buddy, cj” as labeling you a “Beyer disciple.” As far as I can tell, you are a competent figure-maker in your own right. I clumsily attempted to suggest that as tlg’s buddy, your involvement in the thread may have helped stimulate TD’s association of tlg with the thread. I don’t expect to change your attitude, but in the future, I will try to be more careful to avoid unintentionally offending you and others, and repeating the undesirable effects of remarks exchanged between tlg and TD.

This forum and the posters that make it a real community are too important to take for granted; or to treat either without due respect or with undeserved disrespect.

Suff
11-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Certain guys who hang here have some notoriety...,,...some people want to blow them, kiss & hug them , and have their babies, so like little girls they demonstrate that by antagonizing them.

The world ain't complicated.....and horse players ain't stupid.

skate
11-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Indulto;

heres another guy that took me by surprise, nice little post there son.
id like to be able to write that way.

and this is NO frgi... Bj

""suff"ering"" will also happen.
suffix ly

Indulto
11-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Certain guys who hang here have some notoriety...,,...some people want to blow them, kiss & hug them , and have their babies, so like little girls they demonstrate that by antagonizing them.

The world ain't complicated.....and horse players ain't stupid.That's one possible explanation, but I suspect it actually depends upon the individuals involved because the world IS complicated. Take your response, for example. You seldom appear cryptic and usually say what's on your mind directly. Was the above quote motivated by your recently stated antipathy toward anonymous posters or by something else?

PaceAdvantage
11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Since this really has little to do with racing, I am forced to move it to off-topic...

Indulto
11-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Indulto;

heres another guy that took me by surprise, nice little post there son.
id like to be able to write that way.

and this is NO frgi... Bj

""suff"ering"" will also happen.
suffix lyskate,
I've heard "they're sufferin' in Suffern," but I'm having a little difficulty "de-suffering" your post. ;) Not sure whose post you liked and have no idea what "frgi" means. :confused:

Indulto
11-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Since this really has little to do with racing, I am forced to move it to off-topic...My reason for starting it in the racing section was to be sure my apology could be viewed by cj, tlg, and anyone else who may have read the referenced thread, but does not normally view or participate in off-topic threads.

PaceAdvantage
11-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Don't worry, I left a re-direct up in the racing section.

the_fat_man
11-12-2006, 01:56 PM
My reason for starting it in the racing section was to be sure my apology could be viewed by cj, tlg, and anyone else who may have read the referenced thread, but does not normally view or participate in off-topic threads.

how about an apology to me? :cool:

I wanted to respond to CJ and was forced to start a new thread all because of you, Indulto. Imagine all that extra effort on my part.

Can you deal with the guilt?

I'd be reading Augustine's Confessions right about now if I were you. (Alright, I'll settle for Tolstoy's version.)

Indulto
11-12-2006, 02:03 PM
how about an apology to me? :cool:

I wanted to respond to CJ and was forced to start a new thread all because of you, Indulto. Imagine all that extra effort on my part.

Can you deal with the guilt?

I'd be reading Augustine's Confessions right about now if I were you. (Alright, I'll settle for Tolstoy's version.):lol:
tfm,
I apologize for referring to your bike as a claimer. I should have made an allowance for the fact it was a private sale. ;)

skate
11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
skate,
I've heard "they're sufferin' in Suffern," but I'm having a little difficulty "de-suffering" your post. ;) Not sure whose post you liked and have no idea what "frgi" means. :confused:

ya, i get or go about talking to myself a little too much, lately.

i was talking bout you, the address is "Indulto" or "H"indu- to or something like that there.

"frgi" was supposing to be friggin. i thought somebody was saying something about blow-job, so i put "not" into my post.

now im really confused, see ya