PDA

View Full Version : The stink is starting to hit the fan

ljb
11-10-2006, 04:44 PM
msnbc has a live poll; do you think Bush should be impeached.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904/
Germany charging Rummy Gonzales and Tenent with war crimes.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1557842,00.html

skate
11-10-2006, 05:00 PM
well, i quess it is good we stayed away from the Int..national courts,(i thought it would help our military) but i never thought about our civilians.

Overlay
11-10-2006, 05:10 PM
"Germany was chosen for the court filing because German law provides 'universal jurisdiction' allowing for the prosecution of war crimes and related offenses that take place anywhere in the world. Indeed, a similar, but narrower, legal action was brought in Germany in 2004, which also sought the prosecution of Rumsfeld. The case provoked an angry response from the Pentagon, and Rumsfeld himself was reportedly upset."

Upset??? Saying "upset" over being charged with war crimes reminds me of Robert Klein's routine about the Lamaze classes he went to with his wife, where the standard term the instructor used in describing what a woman experiences during childbirth was "discomfort".

delayjf
11-10-2006, 05:27 PM
11 Iragi's file a law suit, this is laughable :lol: :lol:

I welcome an impeachment - The Dems will pay the price.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Hmmmm. The poll on impeaching Bush, as of 5:32 ET Friday 11/10.

343,163 votes so far. "87%" choosing option "Yes, between the secret spying, the deceptions leading to war and more, there is plenty to justify putting him on trial."

I do believe there are computer programs and email & phone a friend campaigns going on to greatly skew this poll.

More cyber-rubbish from the "Left Gone Wild"

JustRalph
11-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I give a shit what Germany thinks............... in your dreams.........

Tom
11-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Funny, no one is talking about the autrocities committed by themuslems - beheading, hidnapping,s mutilations.
I point out no one died at Abu Gad.

also, there was some bitch brass who was in charge of all prisons in Iraq - she is going to be witness for the Irawi plantiffs. She says the blame goes all the way to the top - Rumsfeld. Funny how the blame by-passed HER, the scuzzy bitch whose JOB was to prevent that stuff!

I say court martial her ass. Better yet, FRAG it.
We got an awful lot of bottom feeding traitors in or military - the troops do the work the scum rises to the top. Time to bring back Viet Nam era justice for coward leaders - just say no to assholes.

JustRalph
11-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Tom, did you hear about this one? see below:

An Indonesian militant on trial in Jakarta is charged with masterminding the murder of three Christian high school girls whose heads were cut off as "trophies" for Ramadan.

The girls' severed heads were dumped in plastic bags, along with a handwritten note that said: "Wanted, 100 more Christian heads, teenaged or adult, male or female."

The suspect is said to have considered bombings during Ramadan, but decided that beheading Christians would qualify as "an act of Muslim charity." He faces the death penalty if convicted.

Tom
11-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Ah, that religion of peace!
allah is such a great god, eh? Inspires such nice behavior.

skate
11-11-2006, 12:33 PM
"Germany was chosen for the court filing because German law provides 'universal jurisdiction' allowing for the prosecution of war crimes and related offenses that take place anywhere in the world. Indeed, a similar, but narrower, legal action was brought in Germany in 2004, which also sought the prosecution of Rumsfeld. The case provoked an angry response from the Pentagon, and Rumsfeld himself was reportedly upset."

Upset??? Saying "upset" over being charged with war crimes reminds me of Robert Klein's routine about the Lamaze classes he went to with his wife, where the standard term the instructor used in describing what a woman experiences during childbirth was "discomfort".

i'll hold back on the second part of response, but thanks for that note on courts.
while you're at it. what was the agreement that Bush didnt sign, regarding "being able to take legal action on our military".? it wasn't Keato ? or was it.

thanks

i quess i dont know who Klein "is".

Overlay
11-11-2006, 01:05 PM
From the following link: (http://www.matrixbookstore.biz/icc.htm)

During the Clinton administration, the U.S. was one of 139 countries that signed the Rome Statute, a treaty to establish the International Criminal Court (ICC). But on May 6, 2002, the Bush administration refused to consider ratification, and informed the U.N. of the U.S. decision to nullify its signature and thus withdraw its support. The U.S. then began threatening to cut off military aid to any country in the process of ratifying the Rome Statute that did not exempt U.S. citizens and military personnel (in other words, give Americans immunity). Only six countries had voted against the Rome Statute originally: China, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Qatar and Yemen.

Robert Klein is a comedian who's been around since the '70's. The last I heard of him was an autobiographical book he came out with in 2005 called, "The Amorous Busboy of Decatur Avenue: A Child of the Fifties Looks Back". His records/tapes that I know of are "Mind Over Matter", "Child of the Fifties", "New Teeth", and "Let's Not Make Love". I believe he also has a standing arrangement with HBO to periodically air his live performances.

JustRalph
11-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Klein is an acquired taste.........

Tom
11-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Klein is an acquired taste.........

A lot like old meat.:eek:

kenwoodallpromos
11-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Bush is the best Pres we ever had- after all, he did imprison Martha Stewart!

Tom
11-11-2006, 10:10 PM
But he let ger go! :mad:

delayjf
11-13-2006, 01:10 PM
She says the blame goes all the way to the top - Rumsfeld

I suppose it was Rumsfield himself that ordered the Iraqi prisoners stacked and had their pictures of their bare asses and little willies taken. I've seen worse at Frat parties. :lol: :lol:.

The terrorist cut off heads kills thousands of innocent civilian and how do the libs react. They demand we hire them a lawyer :bang: :bang: