PDA

View Full Version : CD to embrace technology

DJofSD
11-10-2006, 10:46 AM
From the online Bloodhorse article:

"Why Silicon Valley? Because that's where we can build a team of people on the cutting edge of technology innovation, and because we'll benefit from the perspective of those outside the traditional racing business," Evans said.

It's about time!

kenwoodallpromos
11-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I read it but did not get exactly what they were doing- sounds pretty vague to me.

DJofSD
11-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Sure. I understand, there's no substance. However, it's a step in the right direction.

My perception of the industry as a whole is they'll only consider doing something new and different once in a decade. If this represents accelerating the pace of change to two times a decade, let me catch my breathe!

One thing I would expect sooner or later is a revamping of the electronic network used for making wagers. I can get real time quotes for the stock market (for a fee) why can't we get updated odds more often? How about seeing a ticker tape like function where single wagers of say over $500 are shown? How about seeing the wagering pools before the traditional betting period opens, treating it some what like a futures market?

kenwoodallpromos
11-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Any of those would be good improvements!