PDA

View Full Version : Coulter and the Election....interesting points?

JustRalph
11-09-2006, 02:48 PM
http://www.anncoulter.com/

In Franklin D. Roosevelt's sixth year in 1938, Democrats lost 71 seats in the House and six in the Senate.

In Dwight Eisenhower's sixth year in 1958, Republicans lost 47 House seats, 13 in the Senate.

In John F. Kennedy/Lyndon Johnson's sixth year, Democrats lost 47 seats in the House and three in the Senate.

In Richard Nixon/Gerald Ford's sixth year in office in 1974, Republicans lost 43 House seats and three Senate seats.

Even America's greatest president, Ronald Reagan, lost five House seats and eight Senate seats in his sixth year in office.

Meanwhile, the Democrats' epic victory this week, about which songs will be sung for generations, means that in two midterm elections Democrats were only able to pick up about 30 seats in the House and four seats in the Senate — and that's assuming they pick up every seat that is currently too close to call. (The Democrats' total gain is less than this week's gain because Bush won six House and two Senate seats in the first midterm election.)

kenwoodallpromos
11-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Yes, closer than some- but I say look at the changes-
Like it or not:
Rummy out NOW, Cheney and the rest of the Papa Bush crowd soon losing power (even the Iraq advisory group was full of old, white, right-wingers) to follow soon; Rice 3rd highest rank.
Dean, Plelosi, Conyers, Murtha, Frank, Clinton (armed services), Waxman, Feinstein, Boxer, Obana running Congress. Women, gays, minorities. Make white Demos need not apply.
By not running more center, Bush and the Repubs set in motion a change from neocon old white man conservative to the old utlra-liberal women, gay, and minority social agenda. Personally fine by me!
Anyone who thinks the votes were close needs to look at the deomgraphics and % vs. last election.
The media is already highlighting the most liberal left of the party- Murtha is now the #1 spokeperson.
Anyone who thinks the Demos are not going "full speed ahead" to the left socially just needs to look at Pelosi's "100 hour" agenda. This is payback time for the Demos.
By the way, Cheney just got kicked out of his Senate office!LOL!!
Even if really no impeachemnt the fun is aready beginning!!LOL!! :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
11-09-2006, 03:56 PM
"Rangel's itching to evict Cheney

BY AUSTIN FENNER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Rep. Charles Rangel breaks out in a grin in his Harlem office, a day after the elections.

Harlem's newly powerful Rep. Charles Rangel wants to stick it to his White House nemesis Vice President Cheney - by taking over his spacious House office.
At the same time, the veteran congressman offered a limp olive branch to the vice president yesterday, saying he regretted publicly calling him an SOB last week.

"I take back saying that publicly. I should have reserved that for him when we were together privately," said Rangel. "Believe me, he would have understood."

Rangel (D-Harlem), poised to become the next chairman of the important House Ways and Means Committee, spoke of the need for bipartisanship with the Republicans, even as he continued his feud with Cheney.

"Mr. Cheney enjoys an office on the second floor on the House of Representatives that historically has been designated as the Ways and Means chairman," Rangel mused. "And, I've talked with [future Speaker of the House] Nancy Pelosi ... and I'm trying to find some way to be gentle as I restore the dignity of that office to the chair."

delayjf
11-09-2006, 05:10 PM
conservative to the old utlra-liberal women, gay, and minority social agenda

If they run with that agenda they will be gone in 08. They won as conservative Democrats not liberal Democrats. If they do come out of the closet so to speak, Bush will Veto their agenda and they will be exposed as what they are. Then they will have to defend their agenda in 08.

Demos are not going "full speed ahead" to the left socially
What agenda do you think they will pursue.

BlueShoe
11-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Repeat after me;"George Bush is not a Conservative and never has been one"Got it,or do we do it one more time?A major part of the recent election drubbing taken by the GOP is because the Republicans strayed away from their conservative principles.Deficet spending on pork barrel projects ("The bridge to Nowhere,anyone?),refusal to use the veto,and soft do nothing actions on illegal immigration all played a large part,it was not just Iraq,a war that really should have been just about wrapped up by now,were it not for mismanagement.Historically,the party in power always loses seats in the midterm elections,so this was not unexpected.The GOP will be back in 08 and 10,you can count on that.

kenwoodallpromos
11-09-2006, 07:52 PM
If they run with that agenda they will be gone in 08. They won as conservative Democrats not liberal Democrats. If they do come out of the closet so to speak, Bush will Veto their agenda and they will be exposed as what they are. Then they will have to defend their agenda in 08.
What agenda do you think they will pursue.
Election 2 dAys ago- Rummy out, Cheney evicted from Senate offices, Demos (Rangtel) calling names, Bolton not even confirmed and Dems (Biden) already said he's out, Murtha the Demo spokeperson, Military funding will be "shifted (to Afghan), not cut", already trashing the new DOD chief, DLC president (Iowa Gov) already announced as the rabbit for Hillary (he ran in the 2004 election), stated agenda of redistributing the wealth in the first 100 hours. Hillary going to head the armed services committee. These are ALREADY done. Shall I go on?
How many moderate representative-electees do you think will have any power?
Clinton, Bush, and the last inconing Repub congress ran as moderates then made left or right turns after getting in. Why do you think these old-time ultr-liberals will be any different?
Getting rid of Cheney will be all it will take to destroy the Repub base totally.

PlanB
11-09-2006, 07:58 PM
YES BLUESHOE, you are right, but that just makes him a larger hypocrite.
NO DISRESPECT meant, but I really think #43 was above & over his head
from Day 1. YET, it was that fatal decision to invade Iraq that undid him.
Okay, in the history of things, we will overcome this; but what a terrible
waste of time & money & lives & future plans.

delayjf
11-09-2006, 08:03 PM
and the last inconing Repub congress ran as moderates then made left or right turns after getting in. Why do you think these old-time ultr-liberals will be any different?

If they do turn left, then they will be exposing every Democrat that was elected using a conservative platform. The people you just mentioned are the ones that got them check out of control back when. So I say, let them show their real colors and see what happens in 08.

kenwoodallpromos
11-09-2006, 08:13 PM
If they do turn left, then they will be exposing every Democrat that was elected using a conservative platform. The people you just mentioned are the ones that got them check out of control back when. So I say, let them show their real colors and see what happens in 08.
Actually all you have to do is look at their votes- the Demo leaders did a sharp right turn a week prior to the election, but they also had to disappear so they would not blow it and reveal themselves like Kerry did.
Just prior to the election, where was Murtha, Kennedy, Pelosi, Boxer, Franks, Rangel, Waxman, Sharpten, Jackson, Gore, Dean? Carter was in Nic watching Ortega win.