PDA

View Full Version : ESPN BC Coverage

Trax21
11-09-2006, 01:32 PM
My 3 cents:

The Good
The analysts do a good job of offering their views and selections (whether we agree or not). Jerry Bailey with the "expert" ex-jock/insider view, Randy Moss with a life's work of experience in the business, including figure making and public handicapping, Hank Goldberg as a "traditional?" handicapper and Kenny Mayne who is, well...Kenny. I think it's a good mix.

The Bad
No live post parades. Everyone in our party was disappointed with this including one who uses the parade to finalize selections. They actually started to show the Classic parade but did not complete. Just wondering, did the simulcast centers and tracks get a normal track feed with parades? Or did everyone get the ESPN feed? What about the monitors at CD?

The Funny
Anyone else catch the brief accidental shot of Hank and Kenny. Hank was sitting to the right in not the most flattering posture, while Kenny was to the far left going through his betting tickets, stacking them on the table. The shot quickly switched to Randy Moss who apparently had just noticed this and began to crack up before the shot changed again.

Valuist
11-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I've already wrote on another thread about the horrible camera work. If they want to use abstract, unnecessary shots, save them for the replays.

One other thing that was strange that JJ mentioned the other day on ATRAB:
Following the Juvenile Fillies, did they cut to Catalano? No. Calabrese? No. They cut straight to a shot of Todd Pletcher, for some unknown reason. I can just hear Borat's take on this:

How come in America you cut to trainer of loser following race?

:confused:

Ron
11-09-2006, 03:09 PM
INNNNVAAASSOOOR!!! HE IS DEEE BEST!!!!!!!!

kenwoodallpromos
11-09-2006, 03:33 PM
How did the TV longshots of ther race do?