3) Denver

4) Giants

5) Bears

6) San Diego

7) Baltimore

8) Jax

9) Dallas

10) Cinci

Some may disagree with the fact I left out PITT and NEW ORLEANS but think I will be able to defend that decision.

I will check back tomorrow with opinions.

Valuist
11-09-2006, 09:46 AM
I guess I can understand Indy being number 1 but I think I'll take teams 5 and 6 over your 2nd and 3rd teams. Cincinnati in the top 10?? I don't think they could beat Ohio State right now.

cj
11-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Who would disagree with leaving Pittsburgh out? The wheels have fallen of...

Valuist
11-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Definitely.

I would have New Orleans in the top 10. Maybe not by much, but there nevertheless.

BetHorses!
11-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I guess I can understand Indy being number 1 but I think I'll take teams 5 and 6 over your 2nd and 3rd teams. Cincinnati in the top 10?? I don't think they could beat Ohio State right now.

Actually my top 6 would all be pick-em on a neutral field. As far as ranking teams and not predicting game results I use a theoretical percentage. This percentage tells me how a team would have won against an average schedule, based on it's actual winning percent, schedule strength, and victory margins at the end of the season. Before season's end it is a projection of the team's final PCT value, based on outcomes of games already played, and predictions of games yet to be played. Chargers and Bears have had the two weakest schedules, I have them ranked 31 and 32 respectively.

I have Cinci 4 points better than New Orleans on a neutral which means I would make Cinci -1 at New Orleans. I do have Saints ranked 11th and Chiefs a close 12th.

BetHorses!
11-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Who would disagree with leaving Pittsburgh out? The wheels have fallen of...

I thought SQ would pop up and say Steelers since they are the defending champs :)

Valuist
11-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Pitt isn't even in the top 15. I would have a hard time ranking the Bengals higher than 15. The perception is that they're one of the top 6 teams in the NFL but the reality is they have lots of problems, starting with all their arrests and off the field issues. The Bengals have played 3 home games in their last 5 yet are 1-4 straight up and 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5. They've been outfirstdowned and out-rushed in 4 of those 5 games. Those are signs of serious problems and they are not a good team at all. Palmer may still not be 100%. He suffered a similar injury to Culpepper but it occurred a couple months later than Culpepper's so its likely he's not really 100%. And Chad Johnson??? Can anybody say OVERRATED? He's not even the best WR on his own team anymore. They get a chance to prove themselves a bit against a strong San Diego team but the Bengals have even struggled on their home field recently so I wouldn't expect any improvement this week.

ponyplayerdotca
11-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Here's mine:

01 - INDIANAPOLIS

02 - NEW ENGLAND

03 - DENVER (I know they beat N.E., but Brady is the key for me)

04 - CHICAGO / N.Y. GIANTS (whoever wins Sunday night)

05 - CHICAGO / N.Y. GIANTS (whoever loses Sunday night)

06 - BALTIMORE (when 100% healthy - McNair, R. Lewis)

07 - SAN DIEGO (lost to Balt.)

08 - JACKSONVILLE

09 - KANSAS CITY

10 - NEW ORLEANS

Note: SEATTLE would be in the mix if 100% healthy (Hasselbeck, Alexander).

AFC seems stronger by far overall this season, while the NFC has been very mediocre.

Lots of time left for all the NFC teams to rally in the 2nd half (PHIL., ATL., DAL., CAR.) but they've all shown some glaring holes on both sides of the ball thus far.

Valuist
11-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Here's mine:

01 - INDIANAPOLIS

02 - NEW ENGLAND

03 - DENVER (I know they beat N.E., but Brady is the key for me)

04 - CHICAGO / N.Y. GIANTS (whoever wins Sunday night)

05 - CHICAGO / N.Y. GIANTS (whoever loses Sunday night)

06 - BALTIMORE (when 100% healthy - McNair, R. Lewis)

07 - SAN DIEGO (lost to Balt.)

08 - JACKSONVILLE

09 - KANSAS CITY

10 - NEW ORLEANS

Note: SEATTLE would be in the mix if 100% healthy (Hasselbeck, Alexander).

AFC seems stronger by far overall this season, while the NFC has been very mediocre.

Lots of time left for all the NFC teams to rally in the 2nd half (PHIL., ATL., DAL., CAR.) but they've all shown some glaring holes on both sides of the ball thus far.

I think the AFC was much stronger last year. This year, it doesn't look like its the case. So far AFC teams have faced off with NFC teams 37 times.

AFC won 20, NFC won 17

A little better, but definitely not dominant.