PDA

View Full Version : What does this election mean for Iraq?

dav4463
11-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Are we going to give up? Is it time to start praising Allah?

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Shouldn't we know what it means? Didn't the Democrats lay out a plan for America? Oh wait....no they didn't....it was just another "We're not Bush moment" and "I guess we'll play it by ear if we happen to win"

I wish Politicians on both sides (and posters on this board) would stop treating this whole thing like it was some sort of sporting match.

We're talking about the future direction of this country....take it freakin' seriously, will ya? (this is not directed at you dav)

Overlay
11-09-2006, 05:10 AM
One thing I did hear they plan to do (in fact, one of their first orders of business, I believe) will be to open hearings on the extent to which the administration doctored intelligence leading up to the war in order to gain support for it.

Snag
11-09-2006, 08:30 AM
One thing I did hear they plan to do (in fact, one of their first orders of business, I believe) will be to open hearings on the extent to which the administration doctored intelligence leading up to the war in order to gain support for it.

NP (I can't bring myself to call her by name) claims to have a "First 100 Hours Plan" that includes these type of hearings.

Isn't it strange that they already have jumped to the conclusion that the present administration doctored the information? They might as well go ahead and write up the conclusion. Why have hearings if you have the answers?

betchatoo
11-09-2006, 08:34 AM
NP (I can't bring myself to call her by name) claims to have a "First 100 Hours Plan" that includes these type of hearings.

Isn't it strange that they already have jumped to the conclusion that the present administration doctored the information? They might as well go ahead and write up the conclusion. Why have hearings if you have the answers?

The Bush administration had hearings and studies and then refuted them when they didn't come up with the answers he wanted.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2006, 09:30 AM

That will certainly bring a much needed solution to Iraq.....:rolleyes:

betchatoo
11-09-2006, 10:24 AM

I hope this doesn't happen. We are three years into the war. At this point the reasons for going don't matter. We need a solution to the problems there. Doing a witch hunt won't solve anything.

delayjf
11-09-2006, 01:56 PM
If they do hold hearings, if I'm Bush I'd tell NP you can forget about a raise in the minimum wage and forget about a worker program or amnesty in any immigration bill. For every scape of paper that claims there were no WMD there will be documents that say the opposite. Bush will be able to claim that he could not take the chance. Dems will come out of this looking bad.

ljb
11-09-2006, 04:53 PM
A couple of things I have heard the Dems want to do is: Implement the suggestions of the 9/11 commission regarding protecting us from terrorism and raising the minimum wage. I am for the first and against the second. Haven't heard anything about digging through old mistakes. As far as Iraq goes, the Commander in Chief stll has the final say on this action. Congress can question his actions but cannot make any decisons other then funding. And I doubt our congress would not support our troops.

JPinMaryland
11-09-2006, 04:54 PM
what difference does it make if you have docs that say he had WMD if you dont find WMD?

44PACE
11-09-2006, 05:26 PM
After a period of time funding for this war will come to an end, we will slowly pull out and leave. Iran will absorb this country slowly eventually Iran / Iraq will become one country.This will fullfill phospecy.

Tom
11-09-2006, 10:01 PM
We should pull out completely today.
There is no sense pursuing a war on terror with dems in charge.
AlQeda has influneced another national election. This country should hang its head in shame. Look around the world and see who is cheering the dems victory.

Even Yahoo is not posting daily death tolls.

With the majority of Americans that gullible, I hold no hope this contry has the ball to particiapate in anything other than capitulation. We have cowards and morons running things. Frankly I don't think this contry is worth fighting for anymore. Certainly not dying for. Bring the troops home NOW.