PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices rise after election

44PACE
11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Will this be just a temp rise or a sign of the future? How interesting the Election just ends and now gas rises .35 cents a gallon.

Snag
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Will this be just a temp rise or a sign of the future? How interesting the Election just ends and now gas rises .35 cents a gallon.

Was that on the wholesale or retail level?

If it's wholesale, that is just a grain of sand on the beach.

ljb
11-08-2006, 04:53 PM
And did you expect anything different ? Low prices were a campaign expense of Big Oil ! They only made umpteen billion last quarter. :lol:

JustRalph
11-08-2006, 04:54 PM
The prices went up a week ago around here. 22 cents in a day in some places. Started last thursday night.

Tom
11-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Expect $5 a gallon soon - dems in power, that's what you get! :lol:

Secretariat
11-08-2006, 05:35 PM

Actually Tom, they don't take power until January.

"I expected we'd do well yesterday. Showed what I know."

GW Bush...

Well, said GW. It does show what you know.

DJofSD
11-08-2006, 05:38 PM
I certainly expect the price of gas to go up substantially here in CA since the voters passed the alternative energy initiative. What a joke. This is going to make the electrical fiasco look like a walk in the park.

But then, OTOH, perhaps I'll start looking at ENER or BLDP or any number of other alternative energy companies that could be lining up for more government money give aways!

Tom
11-08-2006, 05:40 PM
You see, Sec, even in victory, you are classless.
What you won' t see from the righties is the gutter posts you 5 horsemen have plagued this forum with for 6 years. Stupid pot shots comments, poor taste cartoons, endless posts, hijacking of thread to violate TOS and post entire articles, endless whining you know - look in the mirror.

SilverSow
11-08-2006, 05:43 PM

Hey,

Someone please tell me the difference between expensive gas where the profits end up in the pockets of a few FoP's and expensive gas that's taxed to perdition?

Again, I'm a Republican, but man, we got hosed...

Dave

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Again, I'm a Republican, but man, we got hosed...

Dave

Not really. Lots of these races were super-tight, and given the past history of American politics, it's interesting the Democrats couldn't pick up even more, given that this is supposed to be the worst President ever, and SUPPOSEDLY, everyone hates Republicans.

SilverSow
11-09-2006, 02:29 AM
Not really. Lots of these races were super-tight, and given the past history of American politics, it's interesting the Democrats couldn't pick up even more, given that this is supposed to be the worst President ever, and SUPPOSEDLY, everyone hates Republicans.

Sorry PA, I guess I wasn't clear... not hosed by the election... hosed by our Republican brethren reps as they let the oil companies make money hand over fist.

Dave

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2006, 03:21 AM
Hey look....here's how I see it.

Now that the Democrats claim to be in power, anything BAD that happens, I will blame them....

Gas prices up after the election? It's the Democrats fault. Wait while I phone the home office to tell them to send me a link to an article on the web that will prove it....

Tom
11-09-2006, 09:38 PM
So you favor price controls?
Ever check out the gas prices in Europe?
Ever wonder why dem continual block development of new refineries, new drilling sites?
You don't like high gas prices, look to the left. Dems are the casue of this countries situation. Dems alone. And now they are in charge! :lol:
$5 next year.
We will be attending Toga via chat rooms!

SilverSow
11-10-2006, 12:06 AM
So you favor price controls?
Ever check out the gas prices in Europe?
Ever wonder why dem continual block development of new refineries, new drilling sites?
You don't like high gas prices, look to the left. Dems are the casue of this countries situation. Dems alone. And now they are in charge! :lol:
$5 next year.
We will be attending Toga via chat rooms!

Yep, I sure DID favor price controls (or release of some of that gas they call the Reserve) or some token effort at relief while all that was going on. That "let the market find it's level" nonsense was just that - payback for the FoP's.

Tell ya what.. your first 4 adult beverages of choice are on me next August if gas is over $4 a gallon by Toga Time... I don't even want that one in reverse, being able to razz you about it in person will be good enough... LOL...

Dave

PlanB
11-10-2006, 05:55 PM
I don't know about the pump prices but I can tell you the current thinking
from respected wall st guys who study this: by early 2007, the price per barrel will be ~$84.

Tom
11-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Yep, I sure DID favor price controls (or release of some of that gas they call the Reserve) or some token effort at relief while all that was going on. That "let the market find it's level" nonsense was just that - payback for the FoP's.

Tell ya what.. your first 4 adult beverages of choice are on me next August if gas is over $4 a gallon by Toga Time... I don't even want that one in reverse, being able to razz you about it in person will be good enough... LOL...

Dave

Assuming Saratoga opens next year! :eek:
You are on!
The tax on a single beer should be about $4 as well! Dems, remember:lol:

JustRalph
11-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I don't know about the pump prices but I can tell you the current thinking
from respected wall st guys who study this: by early 2007, the price per barrel will be ~$84.

Wow! I hope they are wrong...........I don't want to have to eat a Tahoe.....