skate
11-08-2006, 01:03 PM
oh, things are heating up
and the skate is excited

Suff
11-08-2006, 02:42 PM
oh, things are heating up
and the skate is excited

Talk about pay back huh. Howard Dean Orchestrates a Liberal take over of the House...and The Senate? And now Rummy gotta go. Dean must be feeling pretty good right about now.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2006, 11:55 PM
This isn't a game. I hope the Democrats have a plan for America that will bring about improvements. So far, I've heard no plan, only the usual 'We're not Bush' which amounts to nothing but meaningless rhetoric.

You guys talk about this like it is some sort of sports rivalry....Yankees vs. Red Sox type of thing, when it is oh so much more important than to be treated in those terms.

Lefty
11-09-2006, 01:32 AM
Talk about pay back huh. Howard Dean Orchestrates a Liberal take over of the House...and The Senate? And now Rummy gotta go. Dean must be feeling pretty good right about now.
Liberal takeover? When did that happen? I'm hearing most of these dem winners are moderates and even(gulp)conservative dems.

Tom
11-09-2006, 09:31 PM
They have a plan, PA.

Get a group of 5-6 together, sneak into hospital rooms, pull the plugs on comatose women. Then, yank some babies out of wombs, crush thier skulls, dismember them.

Yup, got real men in charge now. Of course, they will never stand up to an enemy that will look them in the eye, but, they have us safe and secure from the brain dead and the unborn. Those real men, them.

ljb
11-09-2006, 09:49 PM
They have a plan, PA.

Get a group of 5-6 together, sneak into hospital rooms, pull the plugs on comatose women. Then, yank some babies out of wombs, crush thier skulls, dismember them.

Yup, got real men in charge now. Of course, they will never stand up to an enemy that will look them in the eye, but, they have us safe and secure from the brain dead and the unborn. Those real men, them.
You have a vivid imagination Tom. You could probably write Steven King novels.

Lefty
11-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Imagination? Isn't that, effectively, what the libs are doing?
There's a guy in Kansas named Tiller that will abort any late term baby for $5000. Medical reasons for most are listed as depression. He injects poison into the baby's heart, while still in the womb, to kill it.
Will you condemn such a practise?

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2006, 01:34 AM

You have to give Tom some credit....he'll always keep you guessing....

ljb
11-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Lefty and Tom,
I have stated numerous times my disagreement with abortion. Your graphic representation of such acts adds nothing except sensationalism. Do you both seek ego boosts from such posts ? What is your primary motivation for posting such gruesome notes ?

Lefty
11-10-2006, 11:32 AM
lbj, if you don't want to talk about abortion then simply stop responding to posts containing the subject. You want to respond but don't want any criticism or an answer to your response?... not gonna happen.
you might be against abortion but you haven't criticised it either. There's really heinous abortions going on in Kansas. A Dr who will do late term abortions for $5,000 for any reason. Name: Geo. Tiller. I couldn't(so far) even get you to condemn him and this horrific practice.

Lefty
11-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Lefty and Tom,
I have stated numerous times my disagreement with abortion. Your graphic representation of such acts adds nothing except sensationalism. Do you both seek ego boosts from such posts ? What is your primary motivation for posting such gruesome notes ?
My motivation is to keep on pointing out over and over that it's a terrible thing until more and more people get it.
A brain is a terrible thing to waste, but a whole baby is even worse.

ljb
11-10-2006, 12:07 PM
lefty,
Check out the thread topic. You are just trying to spin to a topic where you think you can gain support. Knock it off Lefty, it is getting old.

Lefty
11-10-2006, 12:17 PM
lefty,
Check out the thread topic. You are just trying to spin to a topic where you think you can gain support. Knock it off Lefty, it is getting old.
lbj, you resort to this same old response when you can't give a cognitive answer. Sigh...

skate
11-10-2006, 01:51 PM
ljb;

well well, lookey here, you made my day, serious.
not that i should think differentially of you, but i can always try to understand someone who has sympathy with the little kid. thanks.

now let me mess things up for myself.

i guess, overall, i can't manage any simpathy for someone capable of understanding aborting a baby (unless the health of mother ...) (my #1 concern), my #2 concern would be "the war" right or wrong (exactness is not an option in war), we stood a much better chance of success if we had unity.
now , we lose.

i'm thinking (before election) uncle George would very much like to thumb his nose to the Media and some others. with Rummy OUT, i think that is what george is doing. his next step ??
it'll be one step at a time...

skate
11-10-2006, 01:58 PM
This isn't a game. I hope the Democrats have a plan for America that will bring about improvements. So far, I've heard no plan, only the usual 'We're not Bush' which amounts to nothing but meaningless rhetoric.

You guys talk about this like it is some sort of sports rivalry....Yankees vs. Red Sox type of thing, when it is oh so much more important than to be treated in those terms.

i certainly see where you are coming from, you may be correct.
i look at dem/rep "thing" as not just a yankee/boston sox get together but i'll add a "script type stage show" to the ball game.
i have no sympathy, the real ball game has much more truth.

but maybe you are right.

ljb
11-10-2006, 04:35 PM
ljb;

well well, lookey here, you made my day, serious.
not that i should think differentially of you, but i can always try to understand someone who has sympathy with the little kid. thanks.

now let me mess things up for myself.

i guess, overall, i can't manage any simpathy for someone capable of understanding aborting a baby (unless the health of mother ...) (my #1 concern), my #2 concern would be "the war" right or wrong (exactness is not an option in war), we stood a much better chance of success if we had unity.
now , we lose.

i'm thinking (before election) uncle George would very much like to thumb his nose to the Media and some others. with Rummy OUT, i think that is what george is doing. his next step ??
it'll be one step at a time...

Skate, Not sure what you are trying to say here but, Bush did thumb nose at media and anyone who disagreed with him. Including those in his own party. It took an overthrow of the republicans for him to get the message and dispose of Rummy. There has been much talk on various threads regarding Rummy's miss-management of this mess in Iraq. I opposed the initial invasion of Iraq and have stated so numerous times. I also opposed the mis-management of occupation of Iraq. We are losing this war not because of lack of support but because of lack of proper planning by the civilians in charge.

skate
11-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Skate, Not sure what you are trying to say here but, Bush did thumb nose at media and anyone who disagreed with him. Including those in his own party. It took an overthrow of the republicans for him to get the message and dispose of Rummy. There has been much talk on various threads regarding Rummy's miss-management of this mess in Iraq. I opposed the initial invasion of Iraq and have stated so numerous times. I also opposed the mis-management of occupation of Iraq. We are losing this war not because of lack of support but because of lack of proper planning by the civilians in charge.

yeh ok, but i do not see anything new about what you are saying , seems redundant, no ?

i do not expect everyone to see what im saying, most likely that is why i say what i say.

my thinking, miss management is a part of anything, let alone war.
i am coming from "the point where we are Now". you can sure enough argue about Lincoln or George or king arthur et al. lots of pro and cons for everyone and i for one do not have the answer. i see that others do not have The answer either, simple.
im excited about the outcome, and i see George with thumb on da nose, step #1.

in other words (to be helpful) im looking at George right now and Rummy, right now, that move is a thumb. now it would be childish for George to say " im thumbing". what is done is done, .....

Tom
11-10-2006, 08:54 PM
You have to give Tom some credit....he'll always keep you guessing....

Danger is my middle name!

(http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/austin_powers/yeah.wav)

Steve 'StatMan'
11-10-2006, 10:07 PM

I thought Dangerfield was all one word. :confused:

You're sure are a fun guy to read! :)

(Well, off-topic has it's moments, but how could it not.)

skate
11-11-2006, 12:04 PM
yes, that was the other "thumb" i was thinking about

(http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/austin_powers/yeah.wav)

Tom
11-11-2006, 03:22 PM
:lol:

Dave Schwartz
11-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Way too seriously... that is what we take ourselves in this whole political thing.

Rumsfield didn't. Just watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmLToYe8nRo

oh... and put your coffee down first.

Tom
11-12-2006, 05:38 PM
You warned me! :lol:

skate
11-12-2006, 08:22 PM
oh that s clever

hey next time i put my beer down

hcap
11-13-2006, 06:28 AM
ljbSkate, Not sure what you are trying to say here but, Bush did thumb nose at media and anyone who disagreed with him. Including those in his own party. It took an overthrow of the republicans for him to get the message and dispose of Rummy.Can't understand why you can't understand da skater Sheeesh!!! :D Anyhow some infighting among the bushies...

New York Times ...

While Mr. Gates, a former director of central intelligence, had long been considered for a variety of roles, over the past two months Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and the national security adviser, Stephen J. Hadley, quietly steered the White House toward replacing Donald H. Rumsfeld with Mr. Gates, who had worked closely with Ms. Rice under the first President Bush. One senior participant in those discussions, who declined to be identified by name while talking about internal deliberations, said, “everyone realizes that we don’t have much time to get this right” and the first step is to get “everyone driving on the same track.”

From America blog....

Rice "quietly steered" it. We know she's best friends with Bush and Laura. We also know that Bush is incapable of making any serious decisions. He can't admit failure. So, did Rumsfeld get out-maneuvered by a woman who he has spent the last six years dissing? Or is this just spinning to give Condi the credit for vanquishing the evil Rummy.

skate
11-13-2006, 02:18 PM
ljbCan't understand why you can't understand da skater Sheeesh!!! :D Anyhow some infighting among the bushies...

New York Times ...

While Mr. Gates, a former director of central intelligence, had long been considered for a variety of roles, over the past two months Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and the national security adviser, Stephen J. Hadley, quietly steered the White House toward replacing Donald H. Rumsfeld with Mr. Gates, who had worked closely with Ms. Rice under the first President Bush. One senior participant in those discussions, who declined to be identified by name while talking about internal deliberations, said, “everyone realizes that we don’t have much time to get this right” and the first step is to get “everyone driving on the same track.”

From America blog....

Rice "quietly steered" it. We know she's best friends with Bush and Laura. We also know that Bush is incapable of making any serious decisions. He can't admit failure. So, did Rumsfeld get out-maneuvered by a woman who he has spent the last six years dissing? Or is this just spinning to give Condi the credit for vanquishing the evil Rummy.

my goodness, and ill give you 2/1 that ljb could explain your inquiry.

it would be called "making sense out of nothing".

think about what you are asking, or others will also lose faith. just give "thinking" a chance.

Secretariat
11-15-2006, 12:15 AM
What are we going to do now tht Rummy is gone? Maybe ask this guy?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/13/national/main2177031.shtml

Top Marine: No Plan For Post-Saddam Iraq
CBS News Exclusive: General And Superiors Didn't Have Plan For Control Of Iraqi Cities
By CBS News national security correspondent David Martin

There is no one on the Joint Chiefs of Staff who has visited Iraq more often than Gen. Mike Hagee, whose term as Commandant of the United States Marine Corps ends Monday.

Hagee took over the Marine Corps just two months before the invasion of Iraq — and throughout his years as Commandant, he made a point of going there every two months to do a firsthand assessment of the battlefield.

I spoke exclusively with the general about conditions in Iraq. You can listen to an extended portion of that interview here (video).

As Commander of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force during the lead-up to the war, Hagee was in charge of planning for the Marines' original push to Baghdad. So I asked him about one of the enduring mysteries of the invasion — why there was no real plan for running the country once Saddam Hussein fell from power.

Unfortunately, Hagee's comments only deepen the mystery. He says he was deeply concerned about who would take charge of major Iraqi cities, like Najaf, as the Marines pushed through them on their way to Baghdad.

Hagee says he asked his boss again and again who would take charge of those cities. He wanted to know what the plan was for Phase IV — military terminology for the phase that follows the end of major combat operations. Phase IV is, in other words, what comes after "mission accomplished." Hagee says that he sent his questions up the chain of command, as they say in the military — and never heard back. "

Lefty
11-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey,
sec, you
won. It's no longer about Bush and Rumsfeld. The ball is in your guys' court.

skate
11-15-2006, 02:46 PM
What are we going to do now tht Rummy is gone? Maybe ask this guy?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/13/national/main2177031.shtml

Top Marine: No Plan For Post-Saddam Iraq
CBS News Exclusive: General And Superiors Didn't Have Plan For Control Of Iraqi Cities
By CBS News national security correspondent David Martin

There is no one on the Joint Chiefs of Staff who has visited Iraq more often than Gen. Mike Hagee, whose term as Commandant of the United States Marine Corps ends Monday.

Hagee took over the Marine Corps just two months before the invasion of Iraq — and throughout his years as Commandant, he made a point of going there every two months to do a firsthand assessment of the battlefield.

I spoke exclusively with the general about conditions in Iraq. You can listen to an extended portion of that interview here (video).

As Commander of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force during the lead-up to the war, Hagee was in charge of planning for the Marines' original push to Baghdad. So I asked him about one of the enduring mysteries of the invasion — why there was no real plan for running the country once Saddam Hussein fell from power.

Unfortunately, Hagee's comments only deepen the mystery. He says he was deeply concerned about who would take charge of major Iraqi cities, like Najaf, as the Marines pushed through them on their way to Baghdad.

Hagee says he asked his boss again and again who would take charge of those cities. He wanted to know what the plan was for Phase IV — military terminology for the phase that follows the end of major combat operations. Phase IV is, in other words, what comes after "mission accomplished." Hagee says that he sent his questions up the chain of command, as they say in the military — and never heard back. "

its nice to hear that he (Hagee) figured "mission accomplished".

and with so few fatalities, good job Rum- Dumb, you da man!