PDA

View Full Version : All the bad things that will happen...list here.

JPinMaryland
11-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I see lots of people here claiming that dire things will happen now that dems have won the house and I guess the senate is tied or whatever.

Here's your chance to be proven a modern political Nostradamus and post your predictions about all the bad things that will happen to America in the next two years. Wont it be great to have your prediction ensconced electronically for all to see?

luv_america
11-08-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll bite. Repealing of the Bush tax cuts.

Ask yourself. If you were given the choice to take a $100k bonus today or next year, when would you take it?

Just watch the activity around people who will be taxed the most if this reversal happens. If you couple this with the minimum wage increase the democrats propose, just watch investment in US companies and small business dry up and for the big ones, they'll move overseas.

JustRalph
11-08-2006, 12:33 PM
I predict the end of negative reporting by the networks. Suddenly everything the Dems do will have a positive spin put on it.

Snag
11-08-2006, 12:37 PM
President Bush will get to use the veto pen.

twindouble
11-08-2006, 12:42 PM
I see lots of people here claiming that dire things will happen now that dems have won the house and I guess the senate is tied or whatever.

Here's your chance to be proven a modern political Nostradamus and post your predictions about all the bad things that will happen to America in the next two years. Wont it be great to have your prediction ensconced electronically for all to see?

I didn't say any such thing, they have choices, if their attitude explodes into revenge spending most of there time getting even with the Republicans things will just fall apart and we will pay the price, maybe with our life. That's a fact and only time will tell.

T.D.

Bala
11-08-2006, 12:53 PM
President Bush will get to use the veto pen.

Wait a minute. Is that possible?

No tax cut recall. Gridlock is a good thing. While the two parties prostitute themselves on the alter of their own vanity...

The American people can get busy with what we do best. Work!!
Gridlock will ensure that the govt. stays out of our lives for at least the
next two years.

This is great news.

the_fat_man
11-08-2006, 01:03 PM
One thing is for SURE, as soon as I realized that the Reps has lost the House (and probably would lose the Congress) I immediately got my FAT ASS down to my BASEMENT/BUNKER.

I'm AFRAID...................

Mr Bush SAVE ME :lol::lol::lol:

ONLY MR BUSH can SAVE FAT PEOPLE from THE BAD GUYS

As Baron would say 'AH FRAID of politics inTrinidad"

P.S.

being down in the bunker, shitting in my pants at the thought of the terrorists attacking us (not to worry there's a FULL BATH down here), I can now get a clearer understanding of what Mr BUSH must've felt on 911 (was he scared? down in that bunker his head between his knees)

Yea, he'll protect us the way (the HALFWIT) NERO protected Rome

PIZZA is here (good thing there's a bell down in the basement)

twindouble
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
One thing is for SURE, as soon as I realized that the Reps has lost the House (and probably would lose the Congress) I immediately got my FAT ASS down to my BASEMENT/BUNKER.

I'm AFRAID...................

Mr Bush SAVE ME :lol::lol::lol:

ONLY MR BUSH can SAVE FAT PEOPLE from THE BAD GUYS

As Baron would say 'AH FRAID of politics inTrinidad"

P.S.

being down in the bunker, shitting in my pants at the thought of the terrorists attacking us (not to worry there's a FULL BATH down here), I can now get a clearer understanding of what Mr BUSH must've felt on 911 (was he scared? down in that bunker his head between his knees)

Yea, he'll protect us the way (the HALFWIT) NERO protected Rome

PIZZA is here (good thing there's a bell down in the basement)

Skinny, with all that weight you lost pumping that bike, drafting behind those fillies should have given you a clearer view of of what's inportant.:D

kenwoodallpromos
11-08-2006, 02:52 PM
A flurry of liberal bills, media supporting them all. Hillary and Osama on defense and intelligence committees. Lieberman ignored. Kerry ignored.

betovernetcapper
11-08-2006, 03:34 PM
I predict major attacks on the 2nd amendment & higher taxes. duh

Suff
11-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Nothing as bad as the attacks on the 4th.

Suff
11-08-2006, 03:37 PM
or the 1st, for that matter

betovernetcapper
11-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Your right the Dems may attack other amendments, I'm just sure the 2nd will be attacked. Thank God for filibusters.

Secretariat
11-08-2006, 04:29 PM
The bad things that will happen??? Exxon Mobil won't make as much money next quarter?

Suff
11-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Your right the Dems may attack other amendments, I'm just sure the 2nd will be attacked. Thank God for filibusters.

How do you reconcile the positions that "the president needs these powers in a time of war" * when addressing the concerns about Bush's war policies

With the much repeated line of

"We are in struggle that could span generations, or even 100 years"

It is one thing to say Lincoln did it, and one thing to say Truman did it..... But those Wars were life or death inside of 24 months.

Snag
11-08-2006, 04:45 PM
The bad things that will happen??? Exxon Mobil won't make as much money next quarter?

And why do you consider that "bad"?

ljb
11-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Rummy will resign, oh wait a minute that should be under good things. :D

Tom
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
1. Taxes will go up.
2. Jobs will be lsot.
3. Ammnesty for all illegal here already.
4. Unrestrictied imigigation.
5. Terror attacks within two years.
6. Abortion through the first year of life.
7. Billions wasted on stem cell research that will yiield nothing.
8. Gas prices over $5 in 2007.
9. Gas shortages in 2008.
10. A depression.
11. Large increases in violent crime across the country
12. Major increase in jobs being outsourced.
13. USA off the UN security concil.
14. China telling the US what it can and cannot do in various places around the world.
15. Nuclear testing by N Korea, Iran, Pakistan
16. Invasion of Israel by Iran/Hummus and no US response.
17. Complete choas in the middle east, oil being withheld, our military and economy virtually shut down.

Secretariat
11-08-2006, 05:22 PM
And why do you consider that "bad"?

Well, it's bad for Exxon Mobil.

Tom,

I read your list. Whew....sounds like the End of Days. Maybe we should write the new Senators and Reps, and tell them this so they can resign and let the Repubs in there now rescue us.

betovernetcapper
11-08-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't reconcile them. The thread is on dire prediction's regarding yesterday's unfortunate events.

Tom
11-08-2006, 05:46 PM

Tom,

I read your list. Whew....sounds like the End of Days. Maybe we should write the new Senators and Reps, and tell them this so they can resign and let the Repubs in there now rescue us.

No, no.
I am looking forward to watching you guys handle everything. Tim eto put up or sut up. This going to be fun.
I wonder haw fast you guys can destroy the nation?
I hope pretty quick. I'm rooting for every disastor, curse, bad thing that can happen to us to happen. The country is dying. It's infrastructure is rotten from the inside. The only was to save America is to destroy it and rebuild it. So have at it, boys. Everything is on YOU from now on.

Now, when will all the toops be home?

We aren't going to stay the course, so there is no sense keeping there another day longer.

SilverSow
11-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Now, when will all the toops be home?

From your lips to the President's ears...

Dave

PlanB
11-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm really hoping that my personal meditation coach becomes a tax deduction under the Dems. How can anyone function without one?

Tom
11-08-2006, 07:20 PM

Tom,

Well, Sec, I was pretty specific in my prediction, unlike the vague grandma list youposted in my thead. Come on, Sec, show some conviction - you WON, dude.
Let's have some specific things you expect to happen. You have my list, you can do a report card with it every couple of months. Like the Contract with America. I put my money where my mouth is. I would expect nothing less from a wiener, er, winner! :eek:;):D

DJofSD
11-08-2006, 08:49 PM
17. Complete choas in the middle east, oil being withheld, our military and economy virtually shut down.

Good. That means one of my speculative plays will do nicely!

Thanks!!!

Secretariat
11-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Tom,

The title of the thread says list all the "bad" things I expect to happen. I don't foresee a lot of bad things happening with the new Dem. Congress. I have an optimistic outlook unlike many of the Rpeubs who have predicted end of Days terror situations.

Tom
11-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Go to my thread - list specific good things.
Surely you must have faith in something?

Ever pop microwave popcorn?
Smells great, you pull it out, rip open the bag, and it is all burnt up, and then that horrrible smell comes drifting up?
All that expectation, then total disappointment?

Dem-corn.

luv_america
11-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Tom,

I hate the smell of burnt popcorn.

The only think about the Dems I'll say to defend them is that the promised nothing, therefore might not deliver anything, which could work out in the end for everyone is the status quo can keep us safe. I'm not optomistic that that'll happen though. Pelosi has all the political capital she needs to run a far left agenda, and the President handed her more today with the immigration comments.

That whole 100 hours thing was kinda hollow. Lets start grading their actions in hour 25 (we'll give them a day to get to know each other).

Our other problem is that the press is all the sudden going to declare all the doom and gloom as OK. If the Dow tanks, or unemployment rises, it won't be reported on the front page like it was for the President.

Snag
11-08-2006, 10:47 PM

Does repeating yourself make you feel it's true? Repeating an "answer" does not answer the question.

lsbets
11-08-2006, 10:56 PM

I wonder how many middle class and blue collar workers own shares of Exxon Mobile in their pension plans and 401ks. My guess would be most.

Tom
11-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Do you think dems think about that?
Do you think dems think?
:lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2006, 12:43 AM

Baloney. Keep dreaming.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Don't worry, anything bad that happens in the next 5-10 years will still be blamed on Bush (whether he deserves the blame or not).

If the Democrats try to actually achieve something, and it fails, there will be convenient "well, we tried, but GWB screwed things up so badly, that we just couldn't get the job done....blah blah blah blah blah"

It should be a grand ol' time in this country for the foreseeable future. The blame game will continue to be played loud, long and hard...after all, that's the platform the Democrats ran on...why should the future be any different?

Topcat
11-09-2006, 04:29 AM
You will see tax cuts repealed, social spending designed to buy block votes, hearings with agendas aimed at increasing their chances at '08, decreased defense spending, and the only judges to come out of committee will be those who believe in legislating from the bench. You’ll see legislation deliberately designed in the hope President Bush vetoes it so they can gain political advantage like an expensive health care plane .e.g. full coverage for all. Furthermore, terrorist now know they can do to us what they did to Spain so you will see increased terrorist violence.

As a former Democrat, I have to say that one of the things that drove me from the party is the intolerant mean-spiritedness exhibited by many members. It is something that is particularly bad in the Democratic Party today and was not there years ago. Sadly, they seem to be continuing this behavior even in victory and I think you will only see more of this on a national stage.

betchatoo
11-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Don't worry, anything bad that happens in the next 5-10 years will still be blamed on Bush (whether he deserves the blame or not).

If the Democrats try to actually achieve something, and it fails, there will be convenient "well, we tried, but GWB screwed things up so badly, that we just couldn't get the job done....blah blah blah blah blah"

It should be a grand ol' time in this country for the foreseeable future. The blame game will continue to be played loud, long and hard...after all, that's the platform the Democrats ran on...why should the future be any different?

Wow> You mean they're going to do to Bush what the Republicans have been doing to Clinton for the last several years?

Snag
11-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Wow> You mean they're going to do to Bush what the Republicans have been doing to Clinton for the last several years?

yep, but Clinton deserves it.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2006, 09:29 AM

Nah...it's going to be much worse. Clinton bashing is more perceived than it is real, especially in the real world. On this board, it's more exaggerated, IMO.