PDA

View Full Version : Nevada

Lefty
11-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Well, we did our best here in Nevada. We kicked Jimmy Carter's boy to the curb. My prediction is he will pack up his carpet bag and slither off to another state. We elected the Repubs from Gov on dn to Porter. So, we tried...

luv_america
11-08-2006, 11:33 AM
God bless Nevada. May have to move there.

PlanB
11-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Not just in politics, but for business & non-interferences I think Nevada
is a true maverick. Long Live that spirit.

chickenhead
11-08-2006, 11:58 AM
you didn't legalize the devil weed though, though it was close. C'mon Nevada! Prostitution is ok, but a little hippy lettuce is just one step too far?

lsbets
11-08-2006, 12:02 PM
you didn't legalize the devil weed though, though it was close. C'mon Nevada! Prostitution is ok, but a little hippy lettuce is just one step too far?

Hey, ya gotta draw the line somewhere! :lol: :lol:

Lefty
11-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Guess, the people saw through this one. The devil himself, George Soros was behindthis b.s. to make Maryjane legal. Guess enough of us realized it to make the difference.
Chick, Prostitution is only legal in 1 friggin county in Nevada that I know of. Certainly not legal in LV, so unpack your bags.

chickenhead
11-08-2006, 12:18 PM
why does who supports something make the decision for so many...never understood that one.

All that matters, for me, is whether I support it.

Which county is that? :D
do they have direct flights?

Lefty
11-08-2006, 12:40 PM
why does who supports something make the decision for so many...never understood that one.

All that matters, for me, is whether I support it.

Which county is that? :D
do they have direct flights?
NYE County. As far as your first part you left out some words, so don't quite understand it. You're not saying why shouldthe majority rule are you? G. Soros is trying to underrmine everything this country stands for. He is a hyppocrite of the first order. He was one of the a-holes behind this marijuana vote.

Dave Schwartz
11-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Also legal in Story, Lion and Elko counties but there are restrictions. (Story is where the fabled Mustang Ranch was. Lion contains "Moundhouse," the one that has been featured on HBO in recent years.)

Basically, it is illegal where the people are. You have to go to "out of town," although Elko used to have brothels right in town I understand.

Like marijuana and gambling, the very idea that the government can legislate prostitution out of our world, is just ludicrous. Why not control it and, of course, tax it?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

chickenhead
11-08-2006, 12:49 PM
I didn't leave any words out Lefty, but I can add some.

All the matters to me (meaning chickenhead) when I vote on something (meaning go to that place and write on the card) is whether I (again meaning me, chickenhead) support said something.

I could give a rats ass who else supports it. So, my point again, you make a big fuss over Soros..why do you care what he thinks?

Lefty
11-08-2006, 01:15 PM
chick, i care not what Soros thinks, I care a lot what he's trying to do to this country with his money that he keeps sheltered from taxes he advocates the rest of us pay. He funds radical organizations and movements. I care about being among those who will point him out wherever he or his money shows and stop him.
legalize Marijuana then what? Legalize Cocaine? And then?

chickenhead
11-08-2006, 01:26 PM
nope, just mj. no "and then". those other drugs are dangerous!

you couldn't od on mj if you tried. I know this as fact, as I survived the years 18-20 :lol:

Ponyplayr
11-08-2006, 01:30 PM

you couldn't od on mj if you tried. I know this as fact, as I survived the years 18-20 :lol:
Skunk will sure make you feel like you are. :cool:

ljb
11-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I didn't leave any words out Lefty, but I can add some.

All the matters to me (meaning chickenhead) when I vote on something (meaning go to that place and write on the card) is whether I (again meaning me, chickenhead) support said something.

I could give a rats ass who else supports it. So, my point again, you make a big fuss over Soros..why do you care what he thinks?
Chickenhead,
If you take the time to read Lefty's post you will find that he does not actually have a mind of his own. His thoughts and actions are all based on what someone else thinks/does.
Lefty,
You left out the part about increasing the min wage in Nevada.

Lefty
11-08-2006, 01:38 PM

Since I've been in Vegas, I've met lots of marijuana smokers and everyone of them started doing other drugs too. I thin MJ as a gateway drug , should beillegal and I think all drug dealers should get the death penalty.

Lefty
11-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Chickenhead,
If you take the time to read Lefty's post you will find that he does not actually have a mind of his own. His thoughts and actions are all based on what someone else thinks/does.
Lefty,
lbj, you just keep insulting me , but if that's all you got, it's ok. You're the one that quotes the standard liberal lines and catch phrases.
Min wage was passed. Proving once again that most people have no clue about how economics works. Last time we discussedthis you were for it, against, it, then non commital, then against it again. My position has not changed. Have you flip-flopped again?

ljb
11-08-2006, 02:00 PM
lbj, you just keep insulting me , but if that's all you got, it's ok. You're the one that quotes the standard liberal lines and catch phrases.
Min wage was passed. Proving once again that most people have no clue about how economics works. Last time we discussedthis you were for it, against, it, then non commital, then against it again. My position has not changed. Have you flip-flopped again?
Lefty,
Now I know why you seldom post a thought of your own. You can't make sensible comments. If your statement of most people have no clue about how economics works is true, that would explain why Nevada went repub. Don't you think ?
I was never for raising min. wage, i was just correcting your erroneous statement that doing so caused a loss of jobs.
Speaking of flip-flopping is dubya for stay the course today or agin it ? :D

chickenhead
11-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Since I've been in Vegas, I've met lots of marijuana smokers and everyone of them started doing other drugs too. I thin MJ as a gateway drug , should beillegal and I think all drug dealers should get the death penalty.

Lefty -- I did extensive first hand research on just this subject as an undergrad, and we could talk about why I think that does happen, but the short of it is that there is imo nothing inherent to mj that makes it so, it has more to do with the fact that it is illegal and taboo.

Marijuana is inherently a gateway to only two things: cartoons and ridiculously over-sized bowls of Cap'n Crunch.

Lefty
11-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Lefty,
Now I know why you seldom post a thought of your own. You can't make sensible comments. If your statement of most people have no clue about how economics works is true, that would explain why Nevada went repub. Don't you think ?
I was never for raising min. wage, i was just correcting your erroneous statement that doing so caused a loss of jobs.
Speaking of flip-flopping is dubya for stay the course today or agin it ? :D
lbj, I don't think you know what you're for or against.

Lefty
11-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Lefty -- I did extensive first hand research on just this subject as an undergrad, and we could talk about why I think that does happen, but the short of it is that there is imo nothing inherent to mj that makes it so, it has more to do with the fact that it is illegal and taboo.

Marijuana is inherently a gateway to only two things: cartoons and ridiculously over-sized bowls of Cap'n Crunch.
chick,
I don't blve it and against nobody else did either as every state, where it was on the ballot, voted it down.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Chickenhead,
Lefty,

How very condescending and equally hypocritical of you ljb. I suppose you're feeling your oats today. We'll leave it at that....

betchatoo
11-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Be careful, Lefty. I'm headed to Vegas next Wednesday. The states going to be a little more liberal for a week

Lefty
11-09-2006, 11:05 AM
actually, bet, Vegas more liberal than the rest of the state. So, come on dowwwn...