PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck: THe End is Near

JPinMaryland
11-08-2006, 12:35 AM
That is the title of his show tonight. I think he's onto the voting machine thing but its so hard to tell what is up with this guy. He's citing all the voting machine problems in many places in the country.

I really have a hard time figuing out where Beck is coming from although maybe that's a good thing if you cant readily discern someone's bias. I guess populist might be the way to say it, he seems to be on a populist jag last week or so: voting machine errors tonight; last week it was: "scandal and hubris is the reason the GOP will lose". Stuff that people on all sides can relate to..

He had John Fund on the show tonight to tell us that out of 19 hijackers on 9/11 8 of them were registered to vote in VA and FL.

Interesting, but the real issue is how would they vote? Would they vote Geo. ALlen because they are so racist or James Webb because they are so blatant sexist? Hmm....

DJofSD
11-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Glenn Beck.

I had never listen to him nor watched his TV program prior to Preakness Stakes day. Then, I believe it was the next day, Sunday, I happen to catch him on the radio. He had quiet an extensive rant about Barbaro. He had not a clue. He was speaking out of his *sshole. I could not believe the public display of ignorance and lack of any kind of sensitivity concerning the injury and the then very real possibility the horse could be put down.

I concluded Glenn Beck is just one more jerk that we could do without.

46zilzal
11-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Rectal exit point is a good description of Beck

JPinMaryland
11-08-2006, 01:07 AM
yeah I recall someone (maybe you) making that same pt. about him right after Preakness. That's too bad. Barb has had quite enuf stupid press as the local radio guy in my area keeps insisting there is no pt. to the rehab. Guy on TEAM radio finally figures out that Barb. may not be kept alive for stud duty then he changes his tune and decides that since he's not going to stud why are they doing this? Hello, have you figured it out? They like the horse..

Beck is odd. Odd enuf to watch like a train wreck in slo mo.

skate
11-08-2006, 12:13 PM
of coarse we do not agree with something that is sad.

G beck is one of a kind, i like that about him .
if you can follow him for a while, you'll see that he is very funny, i like that.

hey , thats not to say "everyone should like him.

he sets up more for radio, it is easy to miss his humor, not that im quick, but give him time.

and a little much on the religious side for me

DJofSD
11-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Comedy is all well and good. I'll watch something on the Comedy Channel when I need a chuckle or two.

What passes for political analysis in the media is not where I go to get my jollies.

skate
11-08-2006, 01:05 PM
nice to know, thanks

Overlay
11-08-2006, 02:19 PM
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought Beck was referring to Britney Spears filing for divorce from Kevin Federlein. (Now that's IMPORTANT news!)

Tom
11-08-2006, 05:01 PM
K-Fed will get his on New Year's Day.
He is wrestlying John Cena (MArind star) WWE Champion in match.
Loser gets Brittany.:lol:

Secretariat
11-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Does anybody actually watch this guy?

skate
11-10-2006, 02:23 PM
well i gootta say ,"im over the hill", fine.

if you give the guy a chance, via radio, he is very funny and original.no, i do not listen much, but i always prefer radio unless its "the Rodeo", now that is for TV.

but that comedy channel, does nothing for me, but i understand where i am.

i think

mater of fact, if you (me) watch a race, but you have not capped the race "you get zilch" (thats me,you may get zilch), and i would say that about GBeck, he's really not from a news (as given by B S Danny Blabers/whatever) angel.

ah, he is tooo much into religion for me, but hey...

too long already, but i gotta add, he is sincere about doing "good for the country", i'm not. he is smart, and has very good ideas for the country.

JustRalph
11-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Does anybody actually watch this guy?

He has a decent radio show. He can be very funny sometimes. Very sharp satire normally...........I have watched his show on CNN when nothing else is on. In fact it is the only thing I have watched on CNN in years

Boris
11-10-2006, 10:37 PM
K-Fed will get his on New Year's Day.
He is wrestlying John Cena (MArind star) WWE Champion in match.
Loser gets Brittany.:lol:

Tom, K-Fed is so last week. He is now called Fed-Ex.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-10-2006, 10:40 PM
What's the Over/Under in years on K. Fed. appearing on Celebrity Boxing?

Tom
11-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Tom, K-Fed is so last week. He is now called Fed-Ex.

Hey Boris, youhear the latest?
Fex Ex and UPs are merging. The new campany is called Fed Up.

toetoe
11-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Frank Stronach is selling naming rights for the new Dixon track to UPS. UPS Downs is the working title.

Hey, how about the Gay Pride March moving to Dixon. Call it Dixon Parade, maybe? ;)

Tom
11-11-2006, 10:11 PM
:lol: