PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Senate!?

Suff
11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Right now

PA.. Santorum out!! Thank God

Ohio, Brown in. Dewine out!! Thank God.

Nj. Menendez in!! Keane out. Although people will be going to jail.:lol: They went OLD school, Kennedy style... Locked him out of his own office on election day@@!! I LOVE THAT!!

Suff
11-07-2006, 08:55 PM
ALLEN: 622,314 50% .......DEM's WEBB: 611,252 49%

Please tell me they have not counted Northern Virginia!

Suff
11-07-2006, 08:56 PM
ALLEN: 672,282 50% .......DEM's WEBB: 661,955 49%

Suff
11-07-2006, 08:58 PM
1/2 way to the house. DEMS +8 seats right now. West Coast and Moderate areas to go....

JPinMaryland
11-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Webb is now ahead by 2400 votes in VA with about 1% to count. As James Carville points out: they had a recount in VA last year with similar/same machines and from a vote diff of 300 votes, the recount only changed by like 20 votes. So any small lead tonight could very well survive the recount.

That makes Dems probably down by one seat w/ 3 to go. Also there are two independent seats that are not counted in this. One is Lieberman's and the other I think is that guy from VT. both of these guys will certainly vote dem. on some issues, LIeberman prolly most. So it may come down to an effectively tied senate.

Tom
11-08-2006, 04:47 PM
No results until Nov 27.
Election official need time to liquidate thier assets into gold to be ready for the coming depression! :D

Seriously, I hope they take both houses. I meant that.
It will a fun two years watching them failr, then lie about it, using the same things they attacked us on for the last six. Going to be a gas.
Time to put up or shut up.
Nice not to have to care anymore. It is THEIR country, not mine.
I can sit back for disastor after disastor. And will.
America, go faux yourself.
You deserve everyting you get.
And it will be bad. Heh, heh, heh.

kenwoodallpromos
11-08-2006, 05:01 PM
f it ends up being 50-50, I predict the person casting the tie-breaker will be Condi Rice after Cheney quits and she becomes VP.

Secretariat
11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
It appears Webb will win giving the Dems the Senate, but there is one scenario that the Repubs could still retain control. The man's name is Joe Lieberman. I imagine there will be a concerted effort to get Lieberman to switch to Republican to maintain the Senate with lots of Chairmanship promises. He might switch too. So it is not a forgegone conclusion Dem's get the Senate even with a Webb win.

Favorite results for me? The trouncing of Santorum, and the second would be the loss of Allen, and of course the firing of Rumsfeld.

Oh and almost forgot - Tom Delay's old seat going to a Dem. There is a God.

Tom
11-08-2006, 05:21 PM
You mean an allah.
Osama is very proud of you today.
So is Spain.
Good company.

JustRalph
11-08-2006, 06:05 PM
You mean an allah.
So is Spain.
Good company.

Amen.........

Tom
11-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Sacre blueh!
We are ........FRENCH! :eek:

Secretariat
11-08-2006, 09:11 PM
You mean an allah.
So is Spain.
Good company.

Well said.

Tom
11-08-2006, 11:00 PM
cBs is calling Virginia for the dems - and the senate, too.

Heh, heh, have fun, George. You reap what you sow.

ElKabong
11-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Hopefully this election will bring both partys more towards the middle somewhat. If that comes about, then great imo. I've heard that a lot of these "new" House Dems are more to the center. If that's the case, then I hope they aren't beholden (sp?) to the likes of Pelosi or Reid, etc, and act and vote responsibly.

As for the repubs, I'm not worried as much about them. There will be some huge changes coming, pronto. This election will shake that party up a great deal and get them refocused on what got them rolling (in 1994) to begin with.

Personally I'm hoping this past election is a step foreward. If the new Dems don't measure up or fail to enact a solid strategy for our country, they'll lose their advantage at the polls very quickly. The pressure to succeed is on them.

betchatoo
11-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Hopefully this election will bring both partys more towards the middle somewhat. If that comes about, then great imo. I've heard that a lot of these "new" House Dems are more to the center. If that's the case, then I hope they aren't beholden (sp?) to the likes of Pelosi or Reid, etc, and act and vote responsibly.

As for the repubs, I'm not worried as much about them. There will be some huge changes coming, pronto. This election will shake that party up a great deal and get them refocused on what got them rolling (in 1994) to begin with.

Personally I'm hoping this past election is a step foreward. If the new Dems don't measure up or fail to enact a solid strategy for our country, they'll lose their advantage at the polls very quickly. The pressure to succeed is on them.

Actually, I think the next two years is going to be very interesting. And so much depends on the actions of the President. If he opposes their every move, it may actually increase the Dems political capital heading into the presidential election. It will be a case of, "there's so much we wanted to do, but the President stopped us."

By the way, and I'm not sure this isn't a first, I agree with you on something. I hope this is a step forward into actual cooperation. There is so much that needs to be improved and if we stay at a stalemate for 2 more years then we fall that much farther behind. I have a great many conservative friends and while we often argue, we have found there are several meeting places. I'd like to see our government be that smart.

highnote
11-09-2006, 09:05 AM
One thing is for sure... there will be a scandal within the Democratic Party.

Then at some point in the future, as a result of the scandal, the Republicans will gain control of the house and senate. Then eventually, there will be scandals within the Republican Party.

Then at some point in the future, as a result of the scandal, the Democrats will gain control of the house and senate. Then eventually, there will be scandals within the Democratic Party.

Then at some point in the future, as a result of the scandal, the Republicans will gain control of the house and senate. Then eventually, there will be scandals within the Republican Party.

Then at some point in the future, as a result of the scandal, the Democrats will gain control of the house and senate. Then eventually, there will be scandals within the Democratic Party.

:bang: