PDA

View Full Version : Who buys this stuff?

njcurveball
11-07-2006, 02:53 PM
I hit a link on Equibase for the Meadowlands, I thought it would take me to scratches and other info. It took me to their price list. So WHO buys all this stuff? Do they expect people to spend close to $100 per day, per track to get all the information?

Is it deliberately priced to keep people from buying it all? I don't think the peoiple at Equibase ever learned about "price point". With all of the free info on the Net and good sites like HDW where you can get EVERY track AND a great program for a lil over $100 a month, who is spending money on all this stuff?

Add to
Cart
Product
Price
Official Equibase® Race Program (final) (http://www.equibase.com/products/files.cfm)$1.50
FlashNet $1.50
DRF Single Track Edition $2.50
Performance Cycles Lite $8.00
Winner's Circle Selections by The Walker Group $10.00
The Turf Club Analysts $12.50
Winner's Circle Selections by El Grupo Hernandez(espanol)$10.00
F.A.S.T. Sheets $10.00
Winner's Circle Selections by Valuline $10.00
Performance Cycles $20.00
TrackMaster® Track Bias Report $3.00
E GraphsTM $1.50

JustRalph
11-07-2006, 04:01 PM
somebody's buying it, or it wouldn't be there........... :ThmbDown:

Doc
11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
I absolutely refuse to buy any of it. I think when they re-vamped their web site they purposely cluttered it up with this crap to confuse people. One of my pet peeves is being forced to buy basic past performance information - they nail you even before you get to the track. Why can't information be free - like it is for nearly every major sport? If you want to look up stats on a baseball or football player, it's easily accessible.

Doc :ThmbDown:

njcurveball
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
The thing I cannot understand is the prices. $10 for F.A.S.T. sheets? If I just get 2 tracks per day that is $140 a week. Is there so much good information on these sheets I can get my $140 and still make a profit?

I would love to see their sales records. They are probably NOT selling any of these at some tracks. The beauty of on-line information is that is almost free to distribute. No packaging, No printing, No distribution costs, just put a file on a server and charge people to get to it.

So if I pay $5 for the Form I get 5 or 6 tracks, all of the analysis and speed figs, trainer stats, etc.

If I plunk $10 down for F.A.S.T. sheets I get class, speed, early, late, and their platinum figure for each horse.

Even the most basic program can give you those numbers and a whole lot more.

I totallt agree with the baseball and football stats. Yahoo has more information than most Managers. Makes me wonder why we dont see laptops in the dugouts!

Jim