PDA

View Full Version : California Voters, Listen Up!

chickenhead
11-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Vote NO on this Prop to add $2.50 tax to a pack of smokes. No matter what you think of smoking and smokers, take it from me, you are NOT helping us by voting yes. It's a regressive tax, that if passed, will be pure tyranny of the majority.

Not to mention, any tax revenue realized will be negated by the added costs of widening I-80 and other assorted thoroughfaires, which will be necessary to handle all of the people driving to nevada to buy their smokes.

Sincerely,
Chicken (future ciggy smuggler)

46zilzal
11-06-2006, 03:42 PM
The native bands ner the border of the Great lakes make a killing (NO TAX on reservation land) on the sales of smokes and gas. Recently near a reserve in the interior of the province and the gas was 15- 20 cents less than up the street. Smokes are probably the same.

Should hook up with one of these sources

kenwoodallpromos
11-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Last cig tax was not used as directed.

delayjf
11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
I thought I read somewhere that ATF was raiding the reservations for these untaxed cigarettes.

bigmack
11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Vote NO on this Prop to add $2.50 tax to a pack of smokes. (future ciggy smuggler)
I ain't no smoker but these clowns have a boatload of nerve asking for this passage. Nail the bejesus out of the the little guy who struggles enough with his 9-5 and mounting cost of living asking for a little peace while he enjoys a Camel and they've got the gall to ask him to pony up another $2.50

If this passes, Joe Camel will be rolling in his grave