PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Rev. Dave Krueckeberg (Racetrack Minister in Chicago)

Overlay
11-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Anybody know whether Dave Krueckeberg, a Lutheran pastor in the Chicago area who was ministering to the backstretch folks at Arlington and Hawthorne, is still active in that area? The most recent mention of him that I could find (2004) indicated that he had been banned from the tracks (perhaps because of advocating better living conditions for his parishioners).

https://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=5720

kenwoodallpromos
11-05-2006, 12:14 PM
http://preachrblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/racetrack-petition.html

"Dear Blog Readers,

I received a phone call and email some time ago from a Rev. Dave Krueckeberg, an LCMS pastor in the Chicago area. Rev. Krueckeberg has been serving a unique community as part of his congregation, namely the horse "caretakers" at two Chicago area thoroughbred racetracks.

Because this pastor pressured the owners of the racetracks to provide better working/living conditions for their employees, he has been banned from the sites. Since then, he has started a petition drive to regain access to the stables, where the people he serves not only work but also live. Rev. Krueckeberg has the support of many prominent LCMS leaders in his struggle, including:

The Rev. William Ameiss, President, Northern Illinois District, LCMS
The Rev. Matthew Harrison, LCMS World Relief & Human Care
The Rev. Daniel May, President, Indiana District, LCMS
The Rev. Robert Kuhn, Chairman, LCMS Board of Directors
The Rev. Gerald Kieschnick, President, LCMS

If you are interested in reading more, I submit the following documents, which will explain more of the situation and how you can help.

kenwoodallpromos
11-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Last post links could have a cookie!

Bruddah
11-05-2006, 12:57 PM
not to see, Chicago area Civil Rights groups take up the ministers cause. Come on Reverend Jesse Jackson, certainly you can back another member of the cloth.. Rev. Krueckeberg has civil rights to visit his paritioners! Maybe the track owners want to make sure their slaves stay down on the farm.

Gee!! I thought it was supposed to be only Southerners who practiced Civil Rights abuse and discrimination. I suppose, the black, white and brown folks, on the backside of a track, don't meet the litmus test.

I have sent my last checks to the Reverend(s) Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the ACLU. :mad: :liar: :mad:

kenwoodallpromos
11-05-2006, 01:58 PM
not to see, Chicago area Civil Rights groups take up the ministers cause. Come on Reverend Jesse Jackson, certainly you can back another member of the cloth.. Rev. Krueckeberg has civil rights to visit his paritioners! Maybe the track owners want to make sure their slaves stay down on the farm.

Gee!! I thought it was supposed to be only Southerners who practiced Civil Rights abuse and discrimination. I suppose, the black, white and brown folks, on the backside of a track, don't meet the litmus test.

I have sent my last checks to the Reverend(s) Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the ACLU. :mad: :liar: :mad:
Track owners= horse owners > trainers, the $$$ trickles down I suppose.