PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Bets For Breeders Cup Wins Again?

Topcat
11-05-2006, 02:30 AM
There is an automatic wagering approach to the Breeder's Cup that many of you are probably familiar with. It has to do with betting all the long shots to win. Only recently have I thought about how this strategy might work even better with a rebate.

In the 26-year history of the Breeder's Cup, if you had simply bet every horse that had odds of 8-1 or higher, you would be up comfortably. Blindly betting to win on every horse at 8-1 or better in Breeder's Cup history would have you up:

• $2 win bettors: up $213.30
• $20 win bettors: up $2,133.30

Not too bad but not really great. However, what if we were to make those bets where we could get a rebate?

Breeder's Cup Long shot System Profits per $2 wagered:
• At racetrack or sports book: +$213.30
• At Pinnacle: +$381.16

Wow, You’re betting multiple horses and with a rebate that makes this really jump.

For 2006 how did it do?
Let me say up front that I have no bragging rights as I did not bet today. (My daughter had a volleyball tournament so I went to that instead).

But just quickly using the ML as a rough estimate it looks like you would bet 75 horse for an investment of $150 and get back roughly $169.

However, with Pinnacle, you would get an extra $10 so that would bring you up to $179 or +19%.

Has anyone looked through the result charts to see how this actually did today? Did anyone take this approach? Did anyone try it through Pinnacle or a rebate house?