PDA

View Full Version : 0-16

CryingForTheHorses
11-04-2006, 07:43 PM
My My what a disapointment for his owners,The guys who spend millions on horses and pay this guys outragous training bills,Not to mention vets bills etc.I thnk it looks good on him and Ill tell you my reason..In the Juvenile fillies,This man finished 2nd and 3rd..I would be estatic to finish 2-3..This man had a scowl on his face that would make a maggot gag.When you are that "selfcentered" to not even appreciate how your horses ran...This man made over 2 million today and couldnt even crack a smile..Thats very poor sportsmanship if you ask me..Im glad he got blanked..Geeze maybe "Marty Wolfson " should "convince" his owners to give him a chance. Back in the day a true horseman would be astounded to run and finish as he did today. :ThmbDown:

JustRalph
11-04-2006, 07:45 PM
You forget he is getting the reputation as the guy who can't close the deal on the big days. That means when the Big Boys sit around talking about who to give their horses too.......while flying on their Netjet, he gets passed over eventually..........

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Geeze maybe "Marty Wolfson " should "convince" his owners to give him a chance. Back in the day a true horseman would be astounded to run and finish as he did today. :ThmbDown:

Hey Tom, did you catch what Jerry Bailey said about your guy Wolfson? He basically all but said on national television that Wolfson must be using more than oats and water with Miesque's Approval to get that horse to do what he did today....

In Bailey's mind, if Bill Mott and Jerry Bailey couldn't get that horse to be a champion, who's this Marty Wolfson guy think he is??? LOL

It's funny in a way. Some folks like Bailey are suspicious of a turnaround like Wolfson had with Miesque's Approval, yet a guy like Pletcher, who people have been suspicious of for years, gets blanked on the big day despite running a ton of horses.....

Doesn't make much sense, does it? Somebody's opinion is off base, don't you think?

CryingForTheHorses
11-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey Tom, did you catch what Jerry Bailey said about your guy Wolfson? He basically all but said on national television that Wolfson must be using more than oats and water with Miesque's Approval to get that horse to do what he did today....

In Bailey's mind, if Bill Mott and Jerry Bailey couldn't get that horse to be a champion, who's this Marty Wolfson guy think he is??? LOL

It's funny in a way. Some folks like Bailey are suspicious of a turnaround like Wolfson had with Miesque's Approval, yet a guy like Pletcher, who people have been suspicious of for years, gets blanked on the big day despite running a ton of horses.....

Doesn't make much sense, does it? Somebody's opinion is off base, don't you think?

I didnt catch that!!..I wish I did..Different things for different trainers.I do know Marty and Karla work very hard. For Jerry to say that on TV isnt really fair.My opinion is very fair as Im sure the racing world also saw .There wasnt 1 time the guy even smiled,never mind "pat" one of his horses. Its a money game to this guy.I wonder if he kicks his dog when he gets home.Im also wondering who gets fired tomorrow in his stable because things didnt go right.

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I wrote about what Bailey said in another thread:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32173

Tom
11-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Poor Todd.
Took the edge right off his cracked crab and caviar!
0-16......he was what, 2 for 22?
Halfed his stats in one afternoon.
Not the same thing as those 4 horse stakes fields in NY.

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah, but his horses earned over $2million....not a bad consolation prize....

karlskorner
11-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I am a little shocked at your remarks about TP, his training and vet bills are no more outrageous than yours when comparing the horses he trains and what you are training. In the past DWL was the poster boy and he caught the rage of many, now it seems it's TP's turn. To the best of my memory, I have never see you smile or "pat" your charges who came in 2nd or 3rd, even though you have stated in the past your only in the game for the purse money, since you don't wager.

kev
11-04-2006, 10:49 PM
PA right, his horses made over 2mill. today oh yes that's a sad day and he'll break all kinds of records and become trainer of the year once agian. I wish my bads days was like his.