PDA

View Full Version : BC DAY

PlanB
11-03-2006, 05:15 AM
I think BC Day is the greatest. I'm all excited & of course my wife knows not to ask, 'let's go to bed, bath, & beyond'. I'll be watching at my apt w/ 2 pals,
both a few years into racing & surprised me with how ardent fans they are.
I'm so keyed up, win or lose, I really don't care that much. I'm sure every winner will earn the victory with guts. Off to the airport for a 1 dayer.

maxwell
11-03-2006, 07:50 AM
You're right about that - too bad most sports fans can't figure it out.

Where I buy my Form and mornin' coffee, there is usually a small stack of Forms on the counter. But not today; three big stacks set to go.

I guess some sports fans did figure it out.

I feel the same way about BC Day as I do when the horses are loading into the gate for the Derby.

The BC Pick Six is sheer torture but I like pain so it's ok. :D

santanajimi
11-03-2006, 08:04 AM
I also am in the same boat as you guys...gotta put off all the importanat things in life, for the 5 hrs or so of racing....and as usual bet my small pik 6 and hope this is my year!

1st time lasix
11-03-2006, 08:57 AM
The one day a year I double my bankroll and play both horizontally {pick 3's and 4's} and vertically Win, exacta, trifecta, supers. Now if I could just beat the chalk a few times......

WJ47
11-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Breeder's Cup day is such fun! The only times I don't mind losing my butt at the track are on Breeders Cup and Kentucky Derby. I like to play alot of fun and crazy bets. Like, "Gimme $10 to win on Cuvee!" LOL, and it was in his second Breeder's Cup, not the first when he was favored. ;) I always call that my shining moment of glory as a handicapper, when I actually bet $10 on Cuvee. :) I'll be betting alot of longshots tomorrow and screaming with delight as I see them finish last! I hope everyone has a great time!

DrugSalvastore
11-03-2006, 05:18 PM
It's always such a fabulous betting card---and this year is no exception. I actually have horses that are double digit prices on the morning line picked on top in four of the days eight Breeders Cup races.

Their is only one favorite on the entire card who I couldn't get past. As is often the case on Breeders Cup day, I expect to see a lot of nice priced winners thoughout the day.

While no race on the Breeders Cup card is ever as fun a race as the Kentucky Derby, it is unarguably a much better day of racing from both a betting standpoint and a racing standpoint.

I can not wait.

46zilzal
11-03-2006, 05:25 PM
never missed a one since I was 30 feet away from the trio of Wild Again, Slew O'Gold and the hooded wonder, Gate Dancer (who really should have won it if he could have run straight!)

Saw him the next year get silly in the lane late under McCarron to let Pround Truth by and it cost Van Berg again. What a patient man he must be.

44PACE
11-03-2006, 05:44 PM
The breeders cup is a lot of fun, I hate to put a bit of a negative spin on this fine day, but it does disturbe me to have a race or 2 associated with a terrorist supporting country.It is wrong to sell the name of an american race to a company outside of the U.S. not to mention Saudi Arabia.

bigmack
11-03-2006, 06:04 PM
The breeders cup is a lot of fun, I hate to put a bit of a negative spin on this fine day, but it does disturbe me to have a race or 2 associated with a terrorist supporting country.It is wrong to sell the name of an american race to a company outside of the U.S. not to mention Saudi Arabia.
x2. Will the US flag be allowed to furl?

http://fla.fg-a.com/saudi_aC2.gif??

depalma13
11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
I think BC Day is the greatest. I'm all excited & of course my wife knows not to ask, 'let's go to bed, bath, & beyond'. I'll be watching at my apt w/ 2 pals,
both a few years into racing & surprised me with how ardent fans they are.
I'm so keyed up, win or lose, I really don't care that much. I'm sure every winner will earn the victory with guts. Off to the airport for a 1 dayer.
Ah, but what if she asks, "Let's go to bed?"

chickenhead
11-04-2006, 08:43 AM
well, here it is 5:30am and I'm sitting here at my puter with my game face on. :jump:

No, BC day doesn't excite me at all.

Zman179
11-04-2006, 09:04 AM
It is wrong to sell the name of an american race to a company outside of the U.S...

Well...if we took your stance on things, we would have to tell Dodge that we don't want them sponsoring the Classic because they're owned by the Germans. We'd also have to say that if you cannot sponsor the races, then you surely can't run in them. So 18 horses (at least) would not be able to partake in the BC because it's an American event.
The foreigners, especially the Europeans, help make the BC what it is today. Could you imagine the two turf races without Europeans? It would be as plain as white Wonder bread.

Zman179
11-04-2006, 08:00 PM
By the way, I am now 1 for 23 in Breeders' Cups.

I hate the f*****g BC with a passion. I really do.

Donnie
11-04-2006, 08:18 PM
God bless the Breeder's Cup. I agree with PA...if you ignore the stories and use decent numbers, and observe whats going on, it becomes a beautiful day for overlays. Until this morning I couldn't have even told you which horses were running in half the races. I think suckers get caught up in the hype of the day! Same goes for the Triple Crown.
When else can you place early rolling Pick 3's, spend the day with your wife at a craft sale, come back home and see that you lost nearly all your money, and make it all back and a nice profit on the last race's tri? Not to mention Ken Massa posted on his board about what appeared to be an inside bias early on. Look at the dirt races. You were practically handed Thor's Echo and Round Pond. Wish I woulda made it home earlier!!
BOL!

Bala
11-04-2006, 08:39 PM
"........hate the f*****g BC with a passion. I really do."
Already there is talk of a biased CD surface. With injuries suffered by Pine Island and Fleet Indian in the Distaff and the incredibly live rail. For the first half of the day any horse sitting patiently on the rail was full of run in the stretch.

All the discussion of the latest and greatest computer programs, expensive sheet figs >>>
Beyers rule the day!!!!

Tom
11-04-2006, 11:09 PM
By the way, I am now 1 for 23 in Breeders' Cups.

I hate the f*****g BC with a passion. I really do.

You sound like Todd Pletcher! :rolleyes:

Tom
11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
All the discussion of the latest and greatest computer programs, expensive sheet figs >>>
Beyers rule the day!!!!

I didn't use Beyers. :bang:

Zaf
11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I always do lousy at the windows on BC day, but I enjoy the spectacle.

Z

Donnie
11-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Tom--
you didn't use Beyers and you "crushed" the 6th?? How can that be?? :lol:
Congrats on a major score, dude!

Zman179
11-05-2006, 07:32 AM
You sound like Todd Pletcher! :rolleyes:

Not really, at least I won once. :lol:

twindouble
11-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Pletcher had 17 horses entered in the BC and took a couple million dollars of purse money from what I gather. Having two and three horses entered in 6 of the races to me shouldn't be allowed. Enter your best for the conditions and that should be it!

Breeders Cup is just an event for me, like Saratoga so I never have high expectations, just enjoy the racing and hope to get "lucky". I had three others that wanted to play the pick 6 and I declined to take their money saying save it for a normal day of racing. The wife did better than I did picking the horses, she had, Street Sense, Thor's Echo, Round Pond and Invasor in here gimmicks hitting the 5th and 10th tri and exacta's. She can read the form and rarely uses the chalks on top. I broke her into racing shortly after we met, best move I ever made. :cool: Woman can handicap as well as we can and they are prone to big payoffs but they won't lay the money down like most men would.

Just about everyone with racing experience was right when it comes to Bernardini but I wondered if Castellano pulled the trigger to soon, could have been a much closer race to the wire.

Congratulations to those that picked Street, Thor, and Round to win.

The wife did a dance on all four of us yesterday and on me again this morning.:D

T.D.

sbp
11-05-2006, 10:30 AM
they wernt pletchers horses. They were his owners horses. Now I can see saying a limit of 1 horse per owner per race but not per trainer because then you are knocking owners out of there chance to race in it

twindouble
11-05-2006, 10:37 AM
they wernt pletchers horses. They were his owners horses. Now I can see saying a limit of 1 horse per owner per race but not per trainer because then you are knocking owners out of there chance to race in it

Good point sbp but I still don't like the idea of any trainer having that kind of advantage over others. The fact that he can reach so deep into owners doesn't make it fair in my opinion. He did in fact make a lot money yesterday as a result.

There must be a better way.

T.D.

Tom
11-05-2006, 10:44 AM
0-22
Nice "advantage"

:rolleyes:

twindouble
11-05-2006, 10:51 AM
0-22
Nice "advantage"

:rolleyes:

My point is Two million is nothing to scoff at, maybe it is for you. Esp not winning a race so your point is mute.

Tom
11-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Turn up your volume. :D

twindouble
11-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Turn up your volume. :D

Don't make me laugh when I'm tring to pick a fight. :D