PDA

View Full Version : On Location-Breeders Cup

Suff
11-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Spent a wonderful day at Churchill downs today. Spent the whole day in "Silks"

Cold & windy here. Damn wind chill is about 25 degrees. But very sunny and clear. The track looks beautiful. The goddamn finish line is up near the first turn for christsakes. Some of the races remind me of greyhounds.

I caught the $292 double right out of the gate for 2.00 ( saver). I caught the $187.00 pik3 in races 3-5. Full ticket. I caught a NY race for some more small change. I was winging and flinging and came out slightly lighter than I went in.

I ran into some friends down here and am going backside tommorrow so I went out and bought a camera.

Right across the street from CD is PAPA JOHN stadium and #3 West Virginia is in town to play #5 Lousiville. So the town is buzzing. I tried to get tickets but they wanted REDSOX/YANKEES type money. $600 dollars for nose bleeders in 20 degree weather I took a pass on.

I'm on the good behavior program. Heading to bed with a cup of cocoa and tommorrows racing form!

:sleeping::sleeping:

kev
11-02-2006, 11:36 PM
I'll be out at CD on Sat. How many people from the board will be there? :jump:

rrpic6
11-03-2006, 12:40 AM
I'll be on the road to Louisville soon. The 6 hour drive will be a nice break from all this Handicapping.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2006, 12:55 AM
THanks for the updates Suff...keep em coming if you can....and congrats on the early score!

Suff
11-03-2006, 06:07 AM
THanks for the updates Suff...keep em coming if you can....and congrats on the early score!

Thank you. 5:30 AM up and at um. I have handicapping to do!:D ( really , just to excited to sleep)

Anyone need anything, or wish to bump into me, my mobile is 617-733-0496.

1st time lasix
11-03-2006, 09:03 AM
make sure you spend an hour in the race museum. Worth it. Looks like good weather....enjoy!

GaryG
11-03-2006, 09:43 AM
make sure you spend an hour in the race museum. Worth it. Looks like good weather....enjoy!I spent half a day there watching replays of old derbies. Swaps is buried right outside. Hey Suff...give Zito's horse C P West a good look in the Juv. :jump:

Suff
11-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Around 2:00 oclock today the people started coming. the Friday afternoon planes were landing. By the 9th race at Churchill you could not move.

I think we'll have a huge crowd tommorrow. Todays crowd would be a great crowd for normal "big day".

Churchill Looks great. Clean and modern. Spacious. People are very nice.

You saw the bombs today? I caught a SIGNER!

I met Rich Rosa from PA today. Very nice guy.
We crashed the same party!:lol:

I wish everybody an enjoyable day tommorrow! Its our day.:ThmbUp:

John
11-03-2006, 10:41 PM
SUFF,

BC day won't be the same at the ROCK this year. Because you will not be there. Have a great time in Louieville and remember to be " Boston proper "

:) :) :)

WJ47
11-04-2006, 12:53 AM
I bet its wonderful to actually be at the Breeder's Cup and see all the champions in person! :) I hope you have a great time, Suff! :) Win lots of money!

rrbauer
11-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Suff-
Where do you plan to hang today (saturday)? I'll try and connect.

I'll be wearing black slacks, shirt and cap with herringbone jacket.

Suff
11-04-2006, 06:21 AM
Suff-
Where do you plan to hang today (saturday)? I'll try and connect.

I'll be wearing black slacks, shirt and cap with herringbone jacket.

:lol: :D

Ohh... A cap.

Unless your dressed like Santa Clause there aint no way I'm finding you from that descripition!:lol:

Do you know how crowded this place is going to be? If your looking to take a wild whacky shot at bumping into me........Then,...There is a balcont overlooking the paddock. Its in between Silks & Champions on the second flloor. I may be on that Balcony off and on all day. Other than that......I don't think we would bump into each other by accident. Although stranger things have happened.

Either way... HAVE A GREAT DAY! You can call my mobiile if your very keen on saying hello.

Suff
11-04-2006, 06:25 AM
I! I hope you have a great time, Suff! Win lots of money!

Thank you so much dear. :ThmbUp: To bad you could'nt of joined me:ThmbDown: . Ohh well, Maybe next year at Monmouth. :ThmbUp: Enjoy your day.:jump:

joeyspicks
11-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Suff; I'll be there...........listening for that Boston accent...

....should be easy to catch up to ya:lol:

have a beer or two...

anyway,
have a good day.....:ThmbUp:

speedking
11-04-2006, 08:15 AM
I know you guys will have a great time, so all I'll do is wish you luck, all good. Hope your hands cramp up from signing that paperwork;)

speedking

WJ47
11-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Thank you so much dear. :ThmbUp: To bad you could'nt of joined me:ThmbDown: . Ohh well, Maybe next year at Monmouth. :ThmbUp: Enjoy your day.:jump:

That was an exciting Breeder's Cup this year! I'm really hoping to go to Monmouth next year. I'm in New York so it's not too far away! :)