PDA

View Full Version : Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's New Matchup Book

Binder
11-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Mr Bradshaw's book is about ready to come out
there are about 50 copies left

You can go here to place your name on the list if interested - first come first served
http://bindfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1367

I am not selling Jim's book for myself I just want to help Mr Bradshaw
for all he has helped my Sartin Methodology site

Thank You

Binder

DJofSD
11-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Maybe I missed the details but when reading the thread, all I see is a never ending list of "I want a copy too!"

How much is it?

If they're asking Jimmy directly for a copy, does that mean he's self publishing it? If so, why only '50 left'?

banacek
11-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Well my copy of the match up is very confusing. I'm not knocking the author's expertise, but he seemed to have trouble communicating it. I hope he has a better editor this time.

Tom
11-02-2006, 11:14 PM
That's a big 10-4.
Examples have been shared on the board - it is good.

46zilzal
11-03-2006, 02:04 AM
the Match UP concept is easy. Once you get it, it's there. NO BOOK required.

Simply apply the same yardstick to the full field. Which ones don't match up, particularly EARLY, forget them.

DJofSD
11-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Well, I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything -- even about as simple a concept as the "Match Up". I'm more than willing to review things with an open mind, checking what I thought I understood against the current state of affairs. If I can gain new insight from reading the book after many years of using the concept then I'll be just that much better.

Besides, there's always the possibility this latest effort will improve the old red manual.

njcurveball
11-03-2006, 10:06 AM
I sat with Bradshaw, Sartin, Brohamer and a few others for lunch at one of their Seminars. Each one brings something to the table. Many people there liked one of them much better than the others.

I have the Match Up book and probably will wind up getting the sequel. Although Bradshaw isn't one of my favorite speakers, but if he has any fresh ideas, the knowledge is worth many times the price. Especially in a game where the money can be recouped in less than 2 minutes.

The part I don't understand is the same as posted previously. WHY only a few copies left? You can go down to Borders and self publish these days. They will print as many as you want and you can go back for more.

It is also very easy to do some high quality work on your home printer. I certainly wouldn't mind getting a nice color laser copy if there is a discount.

I would suggest Ecopies as well. They are almost free and if he sent them Email, it would be pure profit.

I was told Bradshaw was one of the people who worked on the Energy! program, it was the best of it's time and probably still wins today.

I doubt he is your man, if you are looking for Beyer wit or Crist's devout confidence that what he is writing is the gospel.

If nothing else, I buy books just to see what the other handiappers are doing.

best to you,
Jim

Binder
11-03-2006, 12:52 PM
I am not sure of the reason
why Mr Bradshaw is only making 100 copies.
At this time. There is a waiting list so I wanted to let folks know
about this book

Mr 46.
Gee wiz
I think that a new book about the Match Up
could be a big help to some folks.
Just because you understand the method to such a simple
few steps. Other might want to learn it fresh.
Not everyone in this game/business is at the advanced
level. I have had the honor of getting a chance to work with Mr Bradshaw
His Match Up method of finding the horse to bet is just a part
of it There is a special "feeling" of what Mr Bradshaw teaches
that goes into race selection, contenders, pace lines,
watching how races are run, stuff that all makes those Match Up steps
work. He is a fascinating man

Bill

46zilzal
11-03-2006, 01:00 PM
He probably is. Method is not that difficult however.
Feel? rather an obtuse way to understand a race.

njcurveball
11-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I am not sure of the reason
why Mr Bradshaw is only making 100 copies.
At this time. There is a waiting list so I wanted to let folks know
about this book

Well then I have to ask why you would post that a book is available and then make people get on a waiting list?

My book is coming out in 2008, should I start taking orders now?

Jim

Zaf
11-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Is Jim still based in the Mid-west ??

Z

46zilzal
11-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Is Jim still based in the Mid-west ??

Oklahoma

xtb
11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Well then I have to ask why you would post that a book is available and then make people get on a waiting list?

My book is coming out in 2008, should I start taking orders now?

Jim

The book is not available yet but will be soon in a very limited quantity. Bill is not promoting it, he was just being kind in letting PA members know before all copies were spoken for.

njcurveball
11-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Thank you Bill and XTB. I will add the book to the other things that are not available.

Are you aware of Jcapper tilting the tote boards coast to coast?

46zilzal
11-03-2006, 03:08 PM
that is a crock that is IMPOSSIBLE to prove. no SINGLE system or approach can account for that widespread a change. The systems are not unique enough for that to happen unless one has Rupert Murdoch's money either.

ryesteve
11-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Why not just make this your sig line? It'll save you the trouble of typing it into every message you post.

njcurveball
11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
HEY! Don't shoot the Messenger! I read that on THIS board, so it MUST be TRUE! I had never heard of this program until reading about it here. All of the Professionals I know use silly things like the Form and HTR and HSH and Sartin stuff.

I am not part of the "golden 100" here either. I have to use public software that they will sell to just anyone. ;-)

Earlier this year I noticed an alarming trend. At tracks all over North America, the program's more obvious contenders were consistently opening as the heavy favorite whenever the first flash of betting for a new race appeared on the toteboard. In race after race, the top ranked JRating horse was opening at 4/5 or 6/5 or 8/5 while the actual morning line favorite would be something like 3/1 or 7/2 or 4/1. It was obvious that somebody somewhere was playing some very serious money these horses. On weekends, at tracks like AQU, GP, and SA I'd estimate somewhere between $10,000 and $15,000 in JCapper money alone was landing on these horses in the win pools. Throughout the months of January and February, 2006 - when I first really started noticing this trend, the odds on my contenders would (thankfully) almost always eventually drift up as the betting on each race played out. But the handwriting was clearly on the wall.

ryesteve
11-03-2006, 03:41 PM
HEY! Don't shoot the Messenger! I read that on THIS board, so it MUST be TRUE!
But why does that mean you need to repeat it several times a day??

You're like the obnoxious drunk at a bar who keeps telling everyone who brushes past him the same joke over and over again, and won't shut the fk up until someone laughs at it.

Ok, here: HA HA HA HA HA HA

So can we stop now? We've all heard you... we all get it... you can give it a rest now.

njcurveball
11-03-2006, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=ryesteve]
won't shut the fk up until someone laughs at it.

QUOTE]

Ahhh, I forgot YOU were the Moderator here. Last I checked I lived in America and your picture isn't on any of the money here.

You can ignore me, just like I just did to you! :sleeping:

OH and did you hear Jcapper is tilting tote boards coast to coast! :lol:

46zilzal
11-03-2006, 03:46 PM
no matter which way it is stated it is a crock and impossible to document.

44PACE
11-03-2006, 03:51 PM
It is good to hear that Jim Bradshaw is still with us, I thought that he passed away.

Cesario!
11-03-2006, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=ryesteve]
won't shut the fk up until someone laughs at it.

QUOTE]

Ahhh, I forgot YOU were the Moderator here. Last I checked I lived in America and your picture isn't on any of the money here.

You can ignore me, just like I just did to you! :sleeping:

OH and did you hear Jcapper is tilting tote boards coast to coast! :lol:

Times like this make the unbelievably long Friday at work go that much faster! :lol:

Cesario!
11-03-2006, 03:55 PM
You know what I just heard? That JCapper is tiliting the toteboards. I did not know that.

I'm was actually a bit peeved b/c I wanted a copy for its database functionality, but before I was able to fully evaluate (I don't make this decisions lightly), the product was closed. But, that said, that was Jeff's right.

njcurveball
11-03-2006, 04:03 PM
I really don't give a rats A$$ about Jcapper or anything else they have closed the sales window on. If Sartin comes back and wants to write only ONE copy of a book, that is certainly up to him.

The sarcasm was obviously missed by a now iggy poster who chooses to go by the nickname used in the bread industry.

If Jeff offered me Jcapper for $1, I would turn it down. He sounds like Michael Pizzola lite. All the bragging without any of the greed.

I will glady take the ML favorite in 100 races and he can have his Jcap baby. We can bet on any odds flash he likes who will wind up being the favorite.

All this says to me is that he has certainly got his share of the bragging gene.

I hope the Iggy Bread Man gets a copy though, that way I wont read about it. :lol:

ryesteve
11-03-2006, 04:19 PM
The sarcasm was obviously missed
How could we miss it when we were endlessly treated to this example of your biting wit every time you hit the "post" button? Kinda like how now, every post you make is going to have to mention a few times that I'm on your ignore list, as if everyone has an attention span as short as yours.

One thing though, I do owe an apology to obnoxious drunks everywhere. I see now that I should not have disparaged them by lumping you in with them.

DJofSD
11-03-2006, 04:51 PM
With all due respect to Jeff and the JCappers -- GO START YOUR OWN THREAD!

ryesteve
11-03-2006, 06:15 PM
With all due respect to those trying to discuss Bradshaw's book, it was njblueballs who brought up Jcapper... for the umpteenth time.

PlanB
11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
hey RYE, NJ is saying "NO EXAGGERATED CLAIMS WITHOUT PROOF."
So what's wrong with that? You like Jcapper then post some of his (its)
selections here; ditto for COMPUTRAK. umm, both approaches are well-meant
& well-programmed & well-talked-about, but where's the beef? I see NO
predictions, only talk, so why are you so anti-NJ?