PDA

View Full Version : ANYBODY ELSE PISSED ABOUT REALPLAYER

JustRalph
11-02-2006, 03:47 PM
I am seriously pissed that Winticket is requiring realplayer to review past races. I hate realplayer and consider it a piece of spyware........I emailed them to bitch......and got a autoresponse.............. I am pissed! :mad:

BillW
11-02-2006, 04:18 PM
I am seriously pissed that Winticket is requiring realplayer to review past races. I hate realplayer and consider it a piece of spyware........I emailed them to bitch......and got a autoresponse.............. I am pissed! :mad:

AmericaTab is worse, they require MS MedPlr

Bala
11-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Ralph - No need for frustration, there are solutions.

To reprise my post on another thread;
Rather than putting up with the ads, messages, spyware and other nonsense that comes along with Real Player – you can use Real Alternative Player.

Real Player is a 20meg download. Real player Alternative is only 6 megs.
Same with QuickTime. I have given a link before. If you do not want to use my link, simply Google <<<Real Player Alternative.>>>

JustRalph
11-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Ralph - No need for frustration, there are solutions.

To reprise my post on another thread;
Rather than putting up with the ads, messages, spyware and other nonsense that comes along with Real Player – you can use Real Alternative Player.

Real Player is a 20meg download. Real player Alternative is only 6 megs.
Same with QuickTime. I have given a link before. If you do not want to use my link, simply Google <<<Real Player Alternative.>>>

thanks very much. I just installed it. Works like a charm.........! Thanks!

PlanB
11-02-2006, 07:02 PM
WOW. TY BALA.

Red Knave
11-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Bala -

I meant to reply with a Thank You on the other thread.

Thank You. :)

I would never have thought of looking for an 'alternative' to either of those players.

Regards :

bigmack
11-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Real Alternative Player.
You the man B. I twas confused with your other post. I'm less confused now and thank you.

Hosshead
11-02-2006, 11:10 PM
So do I go to Add/Remove Programs>Remove RealOne, Then download the Real Alternative ?
Thanks, Hoss

Tom
11-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Cool!

Bala
11-03-2006, 01:00 AM
Hoss – personally I hate these kind of bloatware that completely take over your machine. Software like AOL, McAfee, RealOne etc... have the nerve to make their respective apps the master and you the slave of your machine. I would reformat my hard drive!!!

But that may be a bit extreme.

Windows uninstaller – unfortunately is a very tame beast. It leaves plenty of registry entries on your machine. I prefer third party uninstallers.

To answer your question, if you have been using it and it works for you, why fix it? On the other hand friends don't let friends use Micro$haft's IE or RealPlayer!

Hosshead
11-03-2006, 01:27 AM
I hardly ever use Realplayer anyway. Everytime I do, it changes all my wave files to play in realplayer, then makes you jump through all these hoops before you can use it. (as Ralph said-Spyware) I've been looking for an alternative, and welcome the one you brought to my attention. Just wondering if it's ok to uninstall RealOne first, or is it "attached" to some things I don't want to lose?. It would be a celebration to Uninstall RealOne !
Thanks, Hoss