PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry - Study or you will get stuck in Iraq

luv_america
10-31-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm not a verteran, but I do my best to support all who are. As such, I respect and thank Secretariat for his service. I'm certain he didn't get stuck in Vietnam because he didn't study hard, or because he wasn't smart.

See John Kerry's newest comments about the Military:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

"Education. If you make the most of it, study hard, you do your homework, make an effort to be smart, you can well, if not you'll get stuck in Iraq.

This is another example of how liberals loathe the military. (yes, 46, we know you hate the military, no need to respond)

46zilzal
10-31-2006, 04:04 PM
but I really want to boxcar.Don't hate the military just find the entire conept of givng up one's individuality revolting.

luv_america
10-31-2006, 04:10 PM
more... this press release is hysterical!! He's blaming everyone else for what he said. He wants to debate everyone. Maybe now he'll take on the Swift Boat guys he dodged during his campaign.

John O'Neil are you listening, John Kerry wants to debate you.

Link to Kerry's babble:
http://www.johnkerry.com/news/releases/release.html?id=33

Snag
10-31-2006, 04:19 PM
but I really want to boxcar.Don't hate the military just find the entire conept of givng up one's individuality revolting.

46, you and John Kerry can both go where the sun does not shine. Neither one of you understand, care, or should breath the same air as those who serve or have serve to protect your pathetic ass

46zilzal
10-31-2006, 04:22 PM
46, you and John Kerry can both go where the sun does not shine. Neither one of you understand, care, or should breath the same air as those who serve or have serve to protect your pathetic ass
yep we have to all think EXACTLY the same way. That is never going to happen. Just need to be all trained to do some else's bidding.........

It's really pathetic. I know people who dont like many of the things I do. They are just different. That's it. Just like this. You go out and kill people. Go ahead. Fine with me. I choose not to. JUST DIFFERENT.

Snag
10-31-2006, 04:29 PM
yep we have to all think EXACTLY the same way. That is never going to happen. Just need to be all trained to do some else's bidding.........

It has nothing to do with "thinking". That is your problem. You don't understand what it means to serve and protect. Please, no smart ass comments either.

When you don't understand, you have no basis for a reply.

46zilzal
10-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Having lost many close friends and one relative in USELESS conflicts that had NOTHING to do with anything but selling more crap to the government, AND working with many injured GI's I have a much better handle on this from a health care management position than 9 out of 10 people. I don't require tutoring from flag wavers to tell me about what war does to people.

Murph
10-31-2006, 04:43 PM
My grandfather is still interred on Iwo Jima.
He has one of those little white crosses in Arlington Cemetary that mark his sacrifice.

Murph

Suff
10-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Having lost many close friends and one relative in USELESS conflicts that had NOTHING to do with anything but selling more crap to the government, AND working with many injured GI's I have a much better handle on this from a health care management position than 9 out of 10 people. I don't require tutoring from flag wavers to tell me about what war does to people.

Jesus Christ man..... Do you have to go to every fight your invited to?

I saw some posts from you the other day defending Islam.???

When my country propose's War with a Religious Sect, I'll evaluate it on the merits. Until then, the only war that I'm objecting to, is the Iraq War. Iraq, mind you, was one of the most secular populations in the Middle East. Hussien's Defense Minister was a Christian.

These muff's your wrestling with are off the shelf message board flunkys. Dime a dozen. Handicap the breeders cup card. Better use of your time, as most anything else would be as well.

46zilzal
10-31-2006, 04:48 PM

I saw some posts from you the other day defending Islam.???

I'd like to see a quote on that one. I mentioned that not every person of that religion is dangerous, beyond that it is merely just a different religion. One tends to believe what they expereince over what someone tells them. I have worked with several Muslim nurses: no big problems with any of them.
Very early in my life I recognized folks have different passions. Simple as that.

Suff
10-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Simple as that.

stfu once and awhile. Simple as that.

Don't be lured down dark alleyways unless you have a gun and a plan.

46zilzal
10-31-2006, 05:01 PM
one of my good friends had a full ride scholarship at Cal and let his grades slip so now he is on THE Wall in D.C. panel 20 line 115. Never made it to his 22nd birthday.

This is a guy we used to call "the cat" as it seemed he had 9 lives: rolled his car several times and walked away spotless.......all because he let his grades slip.

Snag
10-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Better use of your time, as most anything else would be as well.

46, do you not get it? We know where you stand. The post is about Kerry and his stupid and insulting comments. It's not about your convoluted positions. You were asked twice not to comment. What don't you get?

Murph
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
one of my good friends had a full ride scholarship at Cal and let his grades slip so now he is on THE Wall in D.C. panel 20 line 115. Never made it to his 22nd birthday.

This is a guy we used to call "the cat" as it seemed he had 9 lives: rolled his car several times and walked away spotless.......all because he let his grades slip.This answers alot of my questions. My grandad must have been an underachiever too.

Murph

luv_america
10-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Did 46 just echo what Kerry said?

Murph
10-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Did 46 just echo what Kerry said?Like a well versed parrot!

Murph

46zilzal
10-31-2006, 05:16 PM
you guys have all the answers. Spread the word.

Suff
10-31-2006, 05:42 PM
you guys have all the answers. Spread the word.

These guys? Them? Parsing words about John Kerry? John Kerry went to Vietnam. John Kerry speaks more elquoently than George Bush ever could.

These gentleman want you to beleive they respect an eleoquent speaker?

Have you heard Mr. Half My Gaurd Tour speak . NOW that! Is torture.

Yet they bait you into defending a sentence. I'm not sure you grasp the nature of this situation.

Right now....There is a soldier in Iraq. Today these guys will give you the appearance they stand for that guy. They will take John Kerrys words and beat you over the head with them because they want you to believe they stand for Combat veterans. But that stance stops at thier politics.

Because the day that Iraq Veteran takes a poltical stand against them, they will sell him down the road quicker than you can say "National Gaurd"

Tom
10-31-2006, 05:45 PM
The dems have to be livid - they have purposely avoided taking a stand on anything and along comes Johnny-comma-boy, spouting the very crap that cost them the last election! When I heard him talking today, I thought to myself, Well, this one's in the bag! :lol::lol::lol:

Somehow, putting food on your family is not as offensive as Johnny-frozen -in -his-chair-for- 42- minutes!

Tom
10-31-2006, 05:48 PM
Now Suff, calm down. Remeber, Bush was up and around 35 minutes before Kerry could move on 9-11.

Suff
10-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Now Suff, calm down. Remeber, Bush was up and around 35 minutes before Kerry could move on 9-11.

I go out to Walter Reed quite often and see these brave young soldiers who have served and sacrificed so much. Many of them have lost limbs, as you know. And it's a very sad thing to see. But at the same time it's very uplifting

John McCain last week at a campaign appearance with Pete Roskam, who is running against Democrat Tammy Duckworth -- an Iraq war vet who lost both her legs in combat.

Tom
10-31-2006, 06:01 PM
That is why it upseting when Kerry disses thme like he did.
And God Bless her for her service, but getting wounded is hardly qualitifcations for office. Liek McCain, getting captured is hardly qualification for office, as he has, IMHO proven over and over against as a total failure in the senate.

Secretariat
10-31-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not a verteran, but I do my best to support all who are. As such, I respect and thank Secretariat for his service. I'm certain he didn't get stuck in Vietnam because he didn't study hard, or because he wasn't smart.

See John Kerry's newest comments about the Military:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

"Education. If you make the most of it, study hard, you do your homework, make an effort to be smart, you can well, if not you'll get stuck in Iraq.

This is another example of how liberals loathe the military. (yes, 46, we know you hate the military, no need to respond)

Who said he was talking about the military?

"He then said: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

That, Kerry said, was meant as a reference to Bush, not troops. Kerry said it is the president who owes U.S. soldiers an apology — for "a Katrina foreign policy" that misled the country into war in Iraq, failed to adequately study and plan for the aftermath, has not properly equipped troops and has expanded the terrorist threat.

"I'm sick and tired of a bunch of despicable Republicans who will not debate real policy, who won't take responsibility for their own mistakes, standing up and trying to make other people the butt of those mistakes," he said. "It disgusts me that a bunch of these Republican hacks who've never worn the uniform of our country are willing to lie about those who did."

Kerry's not trashing the troops and you know it. He's does more for veteran benefits than GW ever has. Why do you always buy into GW's remarks? The man was passing out leaflets in Alabama for a Senate campaign while John Kerry and Max Clelland were actually fighting in Vietnam. I really get tired of this swift boat approach by Republican politiician. Especially the chickenhawks: Cheney "I had better things to do during Vietnam", Wolfowitz "Is Vietnam near Israel", Limbaugh "Can anyone recommend a dermatologist for this boil on my butt". Kerry doesn't have to answer to any of those yokels. The man who got us into this mess should focus less on denigrating patriots, and how to listen to the "right" generals since he obviously can't make a correct decision on his own.

Secretariat
10-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Forgot this response by Kerry as well.

"If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they're crazy. This is the classic G.O.P. playbook. I’m sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.

I’m not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox’s Parkinson’s disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq. It disgusts me that these Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country lie and distort so blatantly and carelessly about those who have."

Well said.

Snag
10-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Forgot this response by Kerry as well.

"If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they're crazy. This is the classic G.O.P. playbook. I’m sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.

Count me among the crazy Sec. We all know what Kerry said and who he was referring to. He did the same thing before Congress and had to crawfish then as he is now.

PlanB
10-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Kerry is an idiot. He has no sense of humor & it's obvious he didn't talk
his speech to any advisor before giving it. And I didn't hear any apology
for putting his own foot in his big mouth.

Secretariat
10-31-2006, 07:11 PM
If Kerry said he was referring to Bush I beleive him. The guy's done nothing but postive things for vets, and for the troops. The Repubs are back to swift-boating.

However, I disagree with Kerry on one point. I actually do believie the standards of new recruits have been going down for the last few years with the military taking fewer people with diplomas and more with criminal records.

"About 13,600 regular Army recruits -- 17 percent -- were accepted with waivers for past criminal conduct, drug or alcohol abuse or medical issues such as obesity. That compares to 11,018 such waivers last year, and 7,640 in 2001.

The Army said most recruits given "moral character" waivers had committed misdemeanors. It said it does not grant waivers for violent sex crimes or drug dealing.

HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMAS

Only 81 percent of new Army recruits had a high school diploma, lagging a goal of 90 percent, said Maj. Gen. Thomas Bostick, Army Recruiting Command chief. Last year, 87 percent of recruits had a high school diploma.

The Army accepted 2,650 recruits who scored in the lowest permissible category -- from the 10th to 30th percentile -- in a standardized aptitude test. The Army last year doubled the percentage of recruits it is willing to accept from this category.

The Army also increased the maximum age of enlistment by seven years, up to one's 42nd birthday, this year and accepted about 650 recruits between ages 35 and 41.

"There are clear indications that they're lowering standards of recruitment," said retired Army Col. Andrew Bacevich, a military expert at Boston University.

By accepting more recruits who previously might have been rejected, the military is creating more of a risk of wartime misconduct by U.S. troops, said defense analyst Charles Pena of the Independent Institute think tank."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061010/us_nm/arms_usa_recruiting_dc_1

Steve 'StatMan'
10-31-2006, 07:23 PM

LOL! Looks like you got his answer! Although we disagree on some things, you're still a darn good guy, and thanks for trying.

kenwoodallpromos
10-31-2006, 07:33 PM
While he never quite apologized for his remarks Monday at ****Pasadena City College, Kerry said he had not sought to offend the troops, but rather had deviated slightly from a prepared text that made an effort to poke fun at President Bush.
_________
Kerry is obviously lying about who his remarks were aimed at. The person with sub-Bush intelligence military entrance scores just put a 2nd foot in his mouth!
My only concernis that both feet in his mouth will not be enough to shut him up his mouth is so big!
Idoitic elitist talk from Demos is why I vote 3rd party!

rastajenk
10-31-2006, 07:42 PM
So if Kerry was talking about Bush, is it fair to assume he meant if you don't study hard and do well in school, you might still become President of the US and leader of the free world? If he is implying that the country is best served by the best and the brightest, why does he feel he was and still may be qualified? His academic credentials are modest, at best.

Kerry is a goof and a goon. I can't believe the people of Massachusetts can't come up with a better representative of their kind of liberalism than that.

lsbets
10-31-2006, 07:49 PM
The National Commander of the American Legion (of which I am a proud member) comments on Kerry:

The National Commander of The American Legion called on Sen. John Kerry to apologize for suggesting that American troops in Iraq are uneducated.

“As a constituent of Senator Kerry’s I am disappointed. As leader of The American Legion, I am outraged,” said National Commander Paul A. Morin. “A generation ago, Sen. Kerry slandered his comrades in Vietnam by saying that they were rapists and murderers. It wasn’t true then and his warped view of today’s heroes isn’t true now.”

chickenhead
10-31-2006, 07:59 PM
does it really make any sense to think that is what Kerry meant? There isn't a draft anymore, I'm sure Kerry knows that.

I dislike Kerry as much as the next guy, but it strains belief to think that is what he meant. His explanantion of trying to slam Bush and mucking it up is 10x more plausible.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-31-2006, 08:03 PM
That's why it needs blow up in his face publicly. He wants to cause public disgrace, he should expect to be disgraced publicly.

chickenhead
10-31-2006, 08:05 PM
I can understand why politicians distort and twist each others words....I can't understand why average joes (like us) so gleefully join in.

Are we dishonest because they are, or are they dishonest because we are?

Steve 'StatMan'
10-31-2006, 08:09 PM
They're probably dishonest because they came from the group once known as "us". They just grow more dishonest faster because politics is mostly made up of fertilizer.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Ready for another one guys? (Ok, here it comes anyway!)

There is no "I" in "Team", but there are two separate ones in "Politics". ;)

Secretariat
10-31-2006, 08:16 PM
The National Commander of the American Legion (of which I am a proud member) comments on Kerry:

The National Commander of The American Legion called on Sen. John Kerry to apologize for suggesting that American troops in Iraq are uneducated.

“As a constituent of Senator Kerry’s I am disappointed. As leader of The American Legion, I am outraged,” said National Commander Paul A. Morin. “A generation ago, Sen. Kerry slandered his comrades in Vietnam by saying that they were rapists and murderers. It wasn’t true then and his warped view of today’s heroes isn’t true now.”

I respect Morin, but he's wrong about Kerry's intent, and he is wrong about slandering his comrades in Vietnam. Kerry was reporting what occurred at the Winter Soldiers Investigations in Detroit when members of the first marines division spoke.

http://lists.village.virginia.edu/sixties/HTML_docs/Resources/Primary/Winter_Soldier/WS_03_1Marine.html

"My name is Scott Camile. I was a Sgt. attached to Charley 1/1. I was a forward observer in Vietnam. I went in right after high school and I'm a student now. My testimony involves burning of villages with civilians in them, the cutting off of ears, cutting off of heads, torturing of prisoners, calling in of artillery on villages for games, corpsmen killing wounded prisoners, napalm dropped on villages, women being raped, women and children being massacred, CS gas used on people, animals slaughtered, Chieu Hoi passes rejected and the people holding them shot, bodies shoved out of helicopters, tear-gassing people for fun and running civilian vehicles off the road."

JR has testified that people do some severe things in combat such as fragging which he and some others may account for the Tillman death. We've seen that not all veterans were angels such as Charles Graner at Abu Ghraib.

Surely, Morin is not saying that these acts were not committed in Vietnam. Kerry was slandering no one, but passing on what other soldeiers were reporting.

It is not pleasant to read these reports, but to pretend they did not occur is avoiding the truth.

lsbets
10-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Sec, I think you love Kerry more than his own mother does. That is one hell of a man crush that you have on him! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
10-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Did Kerry go out and lite up any villages last night? :lol:

The latest October suprise.....Kerry is back! :jump::jump::jump:

Tom
10-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Sec, I think you love Kerry more than his own mother does. That is one hell of a man crush that you have on him! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe there is a rendevous in "Joisy" in the cards?

lsbets
10-31-2006, 08:28 PM
I think Kerry is Rove's secret plant. The more he speaks, the better the chances for Republicans in November. Damn that Karl Rove and his evil mind control tricks!

Boris
10-31-2006, 08:33 PM
However, I disagree with Kerry on one point. I actually do believie the standards of new recruits have been going down for the last few years with the military taking fewer people with diplomas and more with criminal records.

"About 13,600 regular Army recruits -- 17 percent -- were accepted with waivers for past criminal conduct, drug or alcohol abuse or medical issues such as obesity. That compares to 11,018 such waivers last year, and 7,640 in 2001.

The Army said most recruits given "moral character" waivers had committed misdemeanors. It said it does not grant waivers for violent sex crimes or drug dealing.

HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMAS

Only 81 percent of new Army recruits had a high school diploma, lagging a goal of 90 percent, said Maj. Gen. Thomas Bostick, Army Recruiting Command chief. Last year, 87 percent of recruits had a high school diploma.

The Army accepted 2,650 recruits who scored in the lowest permissible category -- from the 10th to 30th percentile -- in a standardized aptitude test. The Army last year doubled the percentage of recruits it is willing to accept from this category.

The Army also increased the maximum age of enlistment by seven years, up to one's 42nd birthday, this year and accepted about 650 recruits between ages 35 and 41.

"There are clear indications that they're lowering standards of recruitment," said retired Army Col. Andrew Bacevich, a military expert at Boston University.

By accepting more recruits who previously might have been rejected, the military is creating more of a risk of wartime misconduct by U.S. troops, said defense analyst Charles Pena of the Independent Institute think tank."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061010/us_nm/arms_usa_recruiting_dc_1

Ah, the real Democrat response to all this. If Kerry calls them dumbasses, make it true.

Why do you defend this tool? Oh, that's right, you voted for him for President! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suff
10-31-2006, 08:36 PM
no shit huh. They are trying their damnedest to put a Prom Dress on it over at Daily Kos..., but I posted simply.......Not good.

Worth a few thousand votes the wrong way.
What can you do? First of all, Kerry comes from a time when being in College exempted you from the draft.

Second of all, if you read the whole speech he was rattling off tongue in cheek jokes and this blurb was on the tail end of that...

But in today's soundbite world......he got nabbed. Reality isn't always kind to the truth.

But more importantly, to my right leaning friends..please be advised that Your over lord DICK CHENEY got 5....count um 5! FIVE COLLEGE DEFERMENTS so as to avoid Vietnam.... and this despite being BOOTED out of two colleges....

Tom
10-31-2006, 08:37 PM
And yet there he sits, serving his 6th year as VP. Go figure.

Suff
10-31-2006, 08:40 PM
And yet there he sits, serving his 6th year as VP. Go figure.

Don't blame me. I'm from Massachusetts...:ThmbUp: (old Nixon era bumper sticker)

Steve 'StatMan'
10-31-2006, 08:40 PM
At last! One thing we can all say together:

"Wow, that lucky Dick!" :lol:

JustRalph
10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
I think Kerry was trying to Hammer Bush, but he sure blew it.

Suff is right ( on both subjects, 46 and the thread)

Kerry says he is still running for Prez in 08. I don't know if we want a President who can't tell a damn Knock Knock Joke..........

I admit that Bush isn't much better at public speaking.......but at least you can tell what he means...........most of the time............

Boris
10-31-2006, 08:45 PM
First of all, Kerry comes from a time when being in College exempted you from the draft.

DING!! The hammer hitting the head of the nail. That was my exact take when I heard it in real time the first time. Makes him seem that much more out of touch with reality and most people in the real world. In the immortal words of Fred Sanford "YOU BIG DUMMY!" Democrats should kick this guy to the curb.

Snag
10-31-2006, 08:53 PM
A "joke" about people being uneducated and being in Iraq is blaming the President of the United States.......give me a break.........

DJofSD
10-31-2006, 08:56 PM
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its
warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by
fools."

-Thucydides

Tom
10-31-2006, 09:01 PM
I just find it funny that just this week, the demlibs were howling about Bush saying putting food on your family. And today, it is a whole different story.
But, as 46 likes to say, it exposes fools! :lol:

luv_america
10-31-2006, 10:20 PM
As much as Sec sould like to think so, John Kerry is no friend to most veterans (Sec aside here). His statements are NOT out of character for a man who has voted over and over against military and intellegence funding and programs through his entire career in the senate.

Kerry is a fool and a poor public speaker, however he is reflecting many of the comments on Daily Koz and the Democratic Underground correctly. He is speaking to the way left base of the party with that comment.

He was supposed to be quiet the last few weeks like Kennedy, Reid, and Pelosi have. Mrs. Clinton is allowed to speak because she's special. So is Barack Obama.

TRUEFREEDOM
10-31-2006, 10:56 PM

This is a guy we used to call "the cat" as it seemed he had 9 lives: rolled his car several times and walked away spotless.......all because he let his grades slip.

So you agree with kERRY.....

Lefty
11-01-2006, 12:08 AM
46, we all hate war, but it's the best alternative to being killed or enslaved by a vicious enemy.

Lefty
11-01-2006, 12:17 AM
no shit huh. They are trying their damnedest to put a Prom Dress on it over at Daily Kos..., but I posted simply.......Not good.

Worth a few thousand votes the wrong way.
What can you do? First of all, Kerry comes from a time when being in College exempted you from the draft.

Second of all, if you read the whole speech he was rattling off tongue in cheek jokes and this blurb was on the tail end of that...

But in today's soundbite world......he got nabbed. Reality isn't always kind to the truth.

But more importantly, to my right leaning friends..please be advised that Your over lord DICK CHENEY got 5....count um 5! FIVE COLLEGE DEFERMENTS so as to avoid Vietnam.... and this despite being BOOTED out of two colleges....
What puts the lie to Kerry's joke explanation is he didn't crack a smile; looked totally humorless.

JustRalph
11-01-2006, 06:13 AM
What puts the lie to Kerry's joke explanation is he didn't crack a smile; looked totally humorless.

The man just thought they would get it.......... he didn't think he had to sell it. or , he was talking the troops down...........who knows..........

kenwoodallpromos
11-01-2006, 09:54 AM
"His statements are NOT out of character for a man who has voted over and over against military and intellegence funding and programs through his entire career in the senate."
No- during the 2004 campaign, both Kerry and Edwards refused 5 times total to show up to vote yes-no-or abstain- for CIA and Intelligence director nominations. Kerry just does not give a damn about USA security or defense. Period. And during a campaign debate Keery said if he were President we would get out of Iraq in "5 or 6 years" (2010).

Lefty
11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
The man just thought they would get it.......... he didn't think he had to sell it. or , he was talking the troops down...........who knows..........
The thing is, the terrorists moniter our news, and either way they're going to use it as another signal of american weakness, at least in some areas, that they can exploit. They can't win, unless we quit.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Knock! Knock!

Who's There?

Hi I'm John Kerry, here to tell you why my plan for leaving Iraq is better that that of my former, woefully undereducated former opponent who graduated from the same prestigeious university that I did. You see, I believe that if we tell the Iraqi's the date after which we Americans will abandon them by SLAM!!! they will rally together to fight off the insurgents and foreign fighters that are currently killing their innocent civilians now and discourage them to discontiune their fight unlike our current presence (with, I might add, a military based on people who had to volunteer to possibly fight in a war in order to earn a free college scholarship that they couldn't have earned on their own intelligence and that their family and government assistance programs couldn't afford to provide for them) has done...Hello?...Hello?...Guess I'll try next door.

Secretariat
11-01-2006, 01:03 PM
It is amazing how some here are all over Kerry on a botched joke as if somehow he is unpatriotic despite fighting in combat for his country.

Max Clelland said it best today: “John Kerry is a patriot who has fought tooth and nail for veterans ever since he came home from Vietnam. He has stood with his brothers in arms unlike this Administration which exploits our troops to make a political point and divide America”

But I thought I'd show the difference between the way Bush deals with it compared to the way Kerry near the end of an election in 2004.

"Bush Predicted No Iraq Casualties, Robertson Says
By Alan Cooperman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, October 21, 2004; Page A09

The Rev. Pat Robertson said President Bush dismissed his warning that the United States would suffer heavy casualties in Iraq and told the television evangelist just before the beginning of the war that "we're not going to have any casualties."

Robertson related the conversation during an interview with CNN late Tuesday. He said he spoke to Bush before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003 and urged him to prepare the nation for heavy casualties. While Bush's response was a mistake, Robertson said, God has blessed the president anyhow.

Sen. John F. Kerry's campaign pounced on the remarks yesterday.
"We believe President Bush should get the benefit of the doubt here, but he needs to come forward and answer a very simple question," Kerry adviser Mike McCurry said in a statement. "Is Pat Robertson telling the truth when he said you didn't think there'd be any casualties, or is Pat Robertson lying?"

Please notice, no statement from Kerry that GW Bush needs to apologize to the familes of victims, and soldiers who have been wounded or lost their lives in Iraq with this idiotic statment. No Kerry releases a statment saying, "We believe President Bush should get the benefit of the doubt here...."

This is what the Rove's do. They play upon fear and misplaced outrage rather than tell the truth.

When GW Bush said:

"People don't need to worry about security. This deal wouldn't go forward if we were concerned about the security for the United States of America." --George W. Bush, on the deal to hand over U.S. port security to a company operated by the United Arab Emirates, Washington, D.C., Feb. 23, 2006

No one stated the GW was saying people don't need to worry about security. GW was given the benefit of the doubt for phrasing something badly.

or like this:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

No one said GW didn't screw up a line and honestly beleived they are trying to harm the country.

or this:

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Or when John McCain talks about it being uplifting to see solderis in Walter Reed without arms and legs as it being "uplifting"

We know what they mean, or that they mangled a comparision, but this administration is truly "intellectually dishonest" when it resorts to such underhand crap. There are some very reputable Republicans, unfortunately, this is political Rovian swiftboating smear politics at it's worst from a bunch of guys who never saw a day of combat in their life. The amazing thing is anyone would still fall for it.

lsbets
11-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Here's an idea - how about Kerry say "I was supposed to say ___, but it came out like this. I didn't mean to offend anybody and I regret misspeaking."

Wow - it would be over. Instead Kerry sounds like a fringe lunatic who should be wearing a tinfoil hat, and instead of acknowledging it was something stupid for Kerry to say, some would rather talk about Bush (hint - Bush did not put the words in Kerry's mouth, although I think Rove might have so maybe Kerry should get a tinfoil hat to protect himself from the mind control rays).

BTW Sec, one of the guys out in front on this calling for an apology is McCain. He has also been joined by the American Legion. So stop the chickenhawk bullshit - veterans who saw combat were offended, and the object of your man crush should just simply apologize for misspeaking.

Secretariat
11-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Here's an idea - how about Kerry say "I was supposed to say ___, but it came out like this. I didn't mean to offend anybody and I regret misspeaking."

Wow - it would be over.

He already has...This is what Kerry had scripted to say and stated exactly what he was supposed to say.

“I can’t overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don’t study, if you aren’t smart, if you’re intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq.”

As to it being over. Are you kidding? Repubs want to use this for political division.

BTW Sec, one of the guys out in front on this calling for an apology is McCain. He has also been joined by the American Legion. So stop the chickenhawk bullshit - veterans who saw combat were offended, and the object of your man crush should just simply apologize for misspeaking.

I was referring to the administration and right wing radio hosts, not McCain, and you know it. Cheney - five derrrments, Wolfowitz -deferrment, Limbaugh - boil on the butt deferrment, Hadley - never served, Rove- deferment. You know exactly who I meant.

Max Clelland saw combat, and he knew exactly what was going on, and so do you. The GOP is trying to use it for political advantage. Surely you're aware of that ydespite your man crush on Bush.

cj
11-01-2006, 01:41 PM
As a military guy, I was insulted, before I heard any of the spin from either side. The comment is highly offensive.

It did show you can be educated and still be pretty stupid.

lsbets
11-01-2006, 01:46 PM
I was referring to the administration and right wing radio hosts, not McCain, and you know it. Cheney - five derrrments, Wolfowitz -deferrment, Limbaugh - boil on the butt deferrment, Hadley - never served, Rove- deferment. You know exactly who I meant.

No, I didn't know who you meant. When I turned on TV the guy I saw over and over again was McCain.

kenwoodallpromos
11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
"if you screw up in college and graduate with C's like GW Bush, you will get stuck in the Whitehouse for 8 years".

Suff
11-01-2006, 02:07 PM
before I heard any of the spin from either side. .

I know your just dipping in with a comment. The only thing I can say, and I'm not looking to change your mind. I'm just asking you to consider this thought.

If you weren't there for the speech. Anything you heard had spin.

The comment, and I'm not defending it. although I will, and I think it is defensible, was extruded from a set of remarks. The tone and tenor of which you were not privy.

That said. It does indicate he has some Vietnam Hangover. But that is what this White house is all about. They all reject and RESENT that we ever left Ho Chi Min. Saigon. Anyway.. point is, I understand your point. But I gotta give you mine.

call me what you want....I like John Kerry. I'd rather go Fox Hole with him than Bush. Kerry's returned fire...........EVERYONE is unproven until the bullets start coming.,,,, including BUSH.

lsbets
11-01-2006, 02:11 PM
3 Dem candidates have cancelled appearances Kerry was supposed to make with them. Many others have called on Kerry to apologize:

``Senator Kerry's remarks were poorly worded and just plain stupid,'' Tester said in a statement late yesterday. ``He owes our troops and their families an apology.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aSkiYG2_QwvM&refer=us

Sec, the criticism of your boyfriend seems to be pretty bi-partisan.

cj
11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
call me what you want....I like John Kerry. I'd rather go Fox Hole with him than Bush. Kerry's returned fire...........EVERYONE is unproven until the bullets start coming.,,,, including BUSH.

It really doesn't matter about Kerry. I have no real opinion of the man, as he doesn't represent me as he does you. I'm glad he served and did a good job.

It doesn't change what he said, and if he said it to me in person, we'd be throwing down. His comments have ZERO to do with anything said or done by the White House. That is it. He said it, noone else. Why the play the "yeah, but so and so said or did this..." game. Doesn't change that he said it, and I think he meant it. He certainly hasn't said anything since that would make me believe he didn't mean it, though to be honest, I don't watch much news here other than occasional NPR or CNN.

Suff
11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
3 Dem candidates have cancelled appearances Kerry was supposed to make with them. Many others have called on Kerry to apologize:

``Senator Kerry's remarks were poorly worded and just plain stupid,'' Tester said in a statement late yesterday. ``He owes our troops and their families an apology.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aSkiYG2_QwvM&refer=us

Sec, the criticism of your boyfriend seems to be pretty bi-partisan.

Kerry's sitting on $15 Million from his 04 run. Many on the DCC are furious at him for not helping democratic congressional runs. I think he has given 150K. So , internally, the democrats haven't exactly looked to him for to much.

Actually, if they throw him under the bus in a public way..it will probably help them. Good thinking.

JustRalph
11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
You don't get it Sec. It has nothing to do with the comments he made yesterday. It is the totality of the comments he has made over the years. His mouth is old news.

Did you hear Don Imus tell him to just go home and "just be quiet" now that was funny..........

JustMissed
11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Maybe the Skull & Bones made Kerry make that comment to help out his fellow member.

"As a student's secret society at Yale, Skull and Bones had access to a pool of great, if impressionable, intellects over the years (as well as a few doofuses who enjoyed fortunate family connections). The known and alleged list of Bonesmen includes (but is not limited to):

Sen. Prescott Bush (father to George H.W.)
President George HW Bush
President George W Bush
President William H. Taft
Sen. John Kerry
Sen. David Boren
Sen. John Heinz
Author Archibald McLeish
Rhodes scholar Robert McCallum
Super-wealthy venture capitalist William Draper
DCI Richard Helms
William F. Buckley
SEC chairman William Donaldson
TIME magazine publisher Henry Luce
W. Averell Harriman "

Hey, I wonder if that Sen. John Heinz is the same guy that was married to the now Mrs. John Heinz Kerry--wouldn't that be weird? :rolleyes:

bigmack
11-01-2006, 03:26 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/irak.jpg

Did you hear Don Imus tell him to just go home and "just be quiet" now that was funny..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMRecdL_No

Hey JR, how's come the links @ Drudge are always so unstable?

Steve 'StatMan'
11-01-2006, 03:29 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hate to ask if that's real, or software enhanced. But darn funny either way!

chickenhead
11-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Very funny :ThmbUp:

Suff
11-01-2006, 04:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hate to ask if that's real, or software enhanced. But darn funny either way!

If its real, then the Soldiers can criticised/commented on for political reasons then? Correct?

That's the logic applied to the 911 Families, Cindy Sheehan, Michael J Fox et al..

If you insert yourself into the discourse....your fair game.

I don't happen to agree with it, however I'm curious if Conservatives stay consistent

chickenhead
11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
what did you say about don't go down dark alleys without a plan and a gun Suff? Looks like you're itching for an alley.

If they can blow off some steam making fun of Kerry, good. Responding to something someone said (on purpose or not) about you, is not political commentary.

If they were holding a sign that said "Kerry is a war criminal"...that's commentary. Apples and oranges, being my point.

Indulto
11-01-2006, 04:57 PM
If its real, then the Soldiers can criticised/commented on for political reasons then? Correct?

That's the logic applied to the 911 Families, Cindy Sheehan, Michael J Fox et al..

I don't happen to agree with it, however I'm curious if Conservatives stay consistentThey ARE being consistent. This is their thing: Find a misstep for distortion to blow out of proportion. This is another "Dean scream" and the Dems need to be asute enough to minimize the damage. Kerry blew it big time. It was a gaff of the magnitude of his unnecessary and blatant use of Cheney's daughter's sexual orientation.

chickenhead
11-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Kerry should be locked up somewhere...he just drips this kind of waspish superiority that just doesn't click with the peeps

Suff
11-01-2006, 05:00 PM
what did you say about don't go down dark alleys without a plan and a gun Suff? Looks like you're itching for an alley.

If they can blow off some steam making fun of Kerry, good. Responding to something someone said (on purpose or not) about you, is not political commentary.

If they were holding a sign that said "Kerry is a war criminal"...that's commentary. Apples and oranges, being my point.

I have no issue with the sign. I personally scored an 85 in the general category of the ASVAB. My recruiter told me I was Officer material and when I was busy dreaming of flying planes he signed me up for a job that required a 55!:lol: Its not what you want......its what they need!

I was in the Military 25 years ago. I can't recall how intelligent people were? I know I didnt bump into Albert Einstein during my tour. I wasn't all that bright at 17. Like most kids I suppose.

JustRalph
11-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey JR, how's come the links @ Drudge are always so unstable?

Because he drives so much traffic to the sites. Many just shut down their servers when Drudge links to them. It is like the "Drudge Denial of Service"

I know an Internet provider that even put in his contract that if you get linked to from the Drudge Report, you pay 1000 dollars a day for every day the link is up at Drudge. I heard about this when I was helping run an Internet company (ISP) in California. As a service provider you can allocate bandwidth in many ways. But the Drudge report will just about take down any small time provider.

bigmack
11-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Correctamoondo. By the by, that ain't no Photoshop trickery - it's the real Mc

I know an Internet provider that even put in his contract that if you get linked to from the Drudge Report, you pay 1000 dollars a day for every day the link is up at Drudge. .
Shazzam. What's a good site to find site counts so I can see his traffic?

lsbets
11-01-2006, 05:16 PM

I don't happen to agree with it, however I'm curious if Conservatives stay consistent

Anyone who wants to should criticize away. They're big boys, I think they can handle it. I actually would not be surprised if someone from Congress called to compain and the soldiers were given a coiunseling statement about making fun of politicians. It would be one of those "I know this is dumb, but the Senator's office is upset about the picture, so we have to show them that we took appropriate action. Here is your counseling statement, just sign it, it'll go in your local file, and as punishment you'll have burn detail on Friday when we burn everyone's local files."

Congressmen of both parties can be the biggest pain in the ass for soldiers and commanders.

Ponyplayr
11-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Maybe the Skull & Bones made Kerry make that comment to help out his fellow member.

"As a student's secret society at Yale, Skull and Bones had access to a pool of great, if impressionable, intellects over the years (as well as a few doofuses who enjoyed fortunate family connections). The known and alleged list of Bonesmen includes (but is not limited to):

Sen. Prescott Bush (father to George H.W.)
President George HW Bush
President George W Bush
President William H. Taft
Sen. John Kerry
Sen. David Boren
Sen. John Heinz
Author Archibald McLeish
Rhodes scholar Robert McCallum
Super-wealthy venture capitalist William Draper
DCI Richard Helms
William F. Buckley
SEC chairman William Donaldson
TIME magazine publisher Henry Luce
W. Averell Harriman "

Hey, I wonder if that Sen. John Heinz is the same guy that was married to the now Mrs. John Heinz Kerry--wouldn't that be weird? :rolleyes:
She is worth $500 million :eek: That kind of money can make you freaky weird.

Lefty
11-01-2006, 05:43 PM
well, sec, while Kerry said it was a joke afterwards, he didn't crack a smile during the telling of it. I don't blve him for a second.

Lefty
11-01-2006, 05:50 PM
He already has...This is what Kerry had scripted to say and stated exactly what he was supposed to say.

“I can’t overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don’t study, if you aren’t smart, if you’re intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq.”

As to it being over. Are you kidding? Repubs want to use this for political division.

Max Clelland saw combat, and he knew exactly what was going on, and so do you. The GOP is trying to use it for political advantage. Surely you're aware of that ydespite your man crush on Bush.
A lot of people didn't serve for one reason or another. None has the right to spk? Gimme a freakin break. And isn't it the libs who supported Vietnam deserters to run off to Canada?

chickenhead
11-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I don't blve him for a second.

Forget about believing him, try using your common sense.

Politicians never say jack unless it's formulated to have a benefit to them. About the only benefit you could possibly come up with, is increased publicity...but this ain't the kind of pub any pol looks for. Dude is getting treated like a leper, and that would be pretty damn easy to foresee going in.

So you think it's either a political miscalculation, or a rare moment of candor. Considering it was definately from a scripted speech, you can forget candor. As for political miscalculation...that's pretty much impossible to even imagine.

bigmack
11-01-2006, 05:59 PM
A Kerry spokeswoman, Amy Brundage, said later that the senator's prepared text had called for him to say: "Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush."

http://wtv-zone.com/caseman/3/ani2/j_sad.gif

Tom
11-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Let's not forget a couple of things:

1. What, January, when KErry complained that our soldiers were going house to house, pillaging, raping, and that was thejob of the Iraqi's?

2. 46 and Sec just this week had e-gasms over Bush saying put food on your family and now sing a new tune

3. Remember the Barney "Fag" comment by a republican? WEEKS the dems wined and cried and said an apoligy was not enough and that they knew what was in the heart of the guy who said it - it was not a slip.

I have an idea for the libs - We play dirty. WE play rough. We don't care about your feelings, we don't are about YOU. Get used to it. You guys want to go up against us, be prepared to get shit on yourselves. We throw it around liberally. We like it.
You like posting crap about Bush and egging on 46 - fine, great - don't really bother me. But when I come back after you, you cry like little girls. Grow a set, Sec. I don't always agree with Suff, but at least he has kuhoonas.
HAND

Tom
11-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Huge traffic accident in Ohio tonight.
Those distancing themselves from Kerry collided with those backpedalling away from Foley! What a mess!

I hope our new voting machines have an "I''m feeling lucky today" button!:lol:

Secretariat
11-01-2006, 07:05 PM
It really doesn't matter about Kerry. I have no real opinion of the man, as he doesn't represent me as he does you. I'm glad he served and did a good job.

It doesn't change what he said, and if he said it to me in person, we'd be throwing down. His comments have ZERO to do with anything said or done by the White House. That is it. He said it, noone else. Why the play the "yeah, but so and so said or did this..." game. Doesn't change that he said it, and I think he meant it. He certainly hasn't said anything since that would make me believe he didn't mean it, though to be honest, I don't watch much news here other than occasional NPR or CNN.

Just so you know what Kerry said afterwards regarding his comments CJ, here it is from his mouth, rather than right wing spin:

"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops."

A lot of people here love to attack Kerry because of the swiftboating that occurred during the last election. People don't like to talk about what he has done for veterans through the years, such as fighting for mandatory funding for veterans' health care. He fought for full funding of VA health care and opposed the Bush administration's exclusion of Priority 8 veterans and its elimination of VA outreach efforts. He sought improved prescription drug benefits and authored legislation in 2003 to let veterans fill prescriptions written by non-VA doctors through the VA pharmacy. He has supported over $4 trillion in defense funding and has supported virtually every successful weapons system in use by today's military. He has supported pay increases, benefit increases, and quality-of-life improvements for America's men and women in uniform throughout his career. As chairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, John Kerry investigated the fate of missing American soldiers in Vietnam and brought about the resolution of this difficult issue for their families and for the governments of both countries. Regarding the investigation, John McCain said, "John Kerry handled the chairmanship of that committee with tremendous skill." Kerry also voted to pass the Agent Orange Act of 1991 and the Veterans' Agent Orange Exposure and Vietnam Service Benefits Act of 1989. He also introduced the Veterans Identity Protection Act of 2006, legislation that provided free credit monitoring for all United States military veterans who have been affected by the recent theft of personal data.

You may not like him, you may find this botched joke of his offensive despite his apology, but the guy has done a lot for veterans and veteran benefits. The way the extremists in the GOP like to paint him is as a draft dodger when in reality he has a very distinguished service career, and a Senate career in support of veterans.

As Kerry put it aptly:

"It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops."

I'm done posting on this subject because it appears to be the only thing the GOP has this election, and that is a sad statement indeed.

lsbets
11-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Sec, any comments on all the Dems who spoke out about Kerry's remarks? Here are a few more:

Rep. Harold Ford

"He needs to apologize to our troops"

Sen. Hillary Clinton

“What Sen. Kerry said was inappropriate”

Gov. Janet Napolitano

“It's just wrong"

U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez

“I think his comments were inappropriate”

New Jersey Senate President Richard Codey

“I think it's offensive”

Senate candidate Jon Tester

“Senator Kerry's remarks were poorly worded and just plain stupid”

North Carolina State Democratic Party chairman Jerry Meek

“John Kerry's botched joke was wrong and he should apologize”

Congressional candidate Bruce Braley

"I believe that Senator Kerry's brief statement was inappropriate”

Congressional candidate John Pavich

“I believe he should apologize to the brave men and women in service.”

It ain't just the Republicans, to try to paint it as so is, well "intellectually dishonest."

Secretariat
11-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Isbets,

I was not going to comment on this more, but since you baited me directly for a response, I will.

Pretty simple. These guys are trying to win elections. They've got to play the game even after Kerry apologized.

As I said previously, I disagree with Kerry, I think the standards for new recruits has dropped dramatically with lower educational standards. Lower diploma rates, lower standardized test rates, higher crime rate in recruits, etc. I wish Kerry had not been joking, but actually pointed these things up that new recruits are beign accepted at a lower standard than even 3 years ago.

But enough of the Republican demands fror apology. The GOP didnt want an apology, they wanted, and needed a talking point. They got it for a couple of days. Just wish they'd actually talk to America about their failed policies for the last six years. Something like reality:

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Iraq

Tom
11-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Bo, the master of dulpicity - when dems do it, they just trying to win elections. When repubs do it, it is a bad thing.

At least 46 isconsistent...Sec, you havent lost your credibility, you've thrown it over a fence like Kerry did with his medals, before he didn't throw them away. :lol::lol::lol:

Lefty
11-01-2006, 08:00 PM
sec, yeah right, Kerry's leftwing spin much preferred. I don't thin sooooooo.
Sad thing is, this another speech made by a dem that will embolden the terrorists.
THEY ARE LISTENING!

chickenhead
11-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Sad thing is, this another speech made by a dem that will embolden the terrorists.

Yeah, I can see them now:

"Silly Americans, they cannot even tell jokes properly. Mu-ha-ha-ha!"

I hardly even feel safe sitting here right now. Damn you Kerry!

46zilzal
11-01-2006, 08:19 PM
2. 46 and Sec just this week had e-gasms over Bush saying put food on your family and now sing a new tune

Is one to make any sense out of put food on your family?

Lefty
11-01-2006, 08:39 PM
As Chick asks, let's use our common sense. Ok, i'm thinking and 46 has called me common, so let's begin.
What givesthe lie to it was a joke about the Pres is, the Pres is not uneducated. The Pres has a degree from Harvard, does he not? So listen to K's remarks again in this context. The Prs has CollegeEducation. Hmmmm...

Lefty
11-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Is one to make any sense out of put food on your family?
But he didn't criticize the troops, now did he. That's what this is about. Try to keep up.

chickenhead
11-01-2006, 09:09 PM
As Chick asks, let's use our common sense. Ok, i'm thinking and 46 has called me common, so let's begin.
What givesthe lie to it was a joke about the Pres is, the Pres is not uneducated. The Pres has a degree from Harvard, does he not? So listen to K's remarks again in this context. The Prs has CollegeEducation. Hmmmm...

Do you have any problem believing Kerry would say that the president:

did not make the most of it
did not study hard,
did not do his homework
did not make an effort to be smart

and the result of those failings was: us, in Iraq

It has nothing to do with Bush's eduction. He was saying Bush screwed up, was stupid, and now we are in Iraq.

I am really not sure who is stupider anymore...Bush, Kerry, or the people that are actually upset about this. My vote is: All of the above.

P.S. That wasn't a typo. If you are upset about what Kerry said, if you think he insulted the troops, you are STUPID. I'm sorry, but you are.

Lefty
11-01-2006, 09:29 PM
You know who's most upset? The troops. Would you say they're stupid? You stupid dems don't get it do you? You guys magnify every friggin thing said about a repub, but when it happens to you elitist dems, oh no!
BTW, if Kerry was trying to say he's smarter than Bush, he sure blew it, didn't he?
But thanks for trying to spin. You're not very good at it though.

bigmack
11-01-2006, 09:53 PM
From what I can tell of his original idiotic attempt at humor is that he smiles at the end of it's delivery as if to say, "isn't that funny".

I've never liked this cat but I think his biggest mistake was waiting so long to express contrition for a badly botched joke.

As a non-fan of his I would like to believe that he full knowingly said what he said, but I believe the tape shows him trying to make a funny, and why would he say such an egregious statement and think that it would garner laughter?

luv_america
11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
I think John Kerry should resign from the US Senate.

Secretariat
11-01-2006, 10:20 PM
I think John Kerry should resign from the US Senate.

You're something.

Do you think Bonior shoudl resign as well since he blamed what's happening Iraq on the leadership of our generals in Iraq?

"House Majority Leader John Boehner: Wolf, I understand that, but let's not blame what's happening in Iraq on Rumsfeld.

Wolf Blitzer: But he's in charge of the military.

House Majority Leader John Boehner: But the fact is the generals on the ground are in charge and he works closely with them and the president."

CNN, 11/1/06

Now, I know what Bonior is saying, and Dems are going to play this miscue up, but it illustrates exactly what happens when you open up the GOP playbook, and fail to actually deal with the issues.

Tom
11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
P.S. That wasn't a typo. If you are upset about what Kerry said, if you think he insulted the troops, you are STUPID. I'm sorry, but you are.

He said what he said.
If you think everyone else is wrong, then, perhaps stupidity has landed on a different roost?:rolleyes:

Whatever he meant, he could have avoided the whole mess by jsut saying so at once, but instead, like a drunken sailor, he was ready to take on everyone. Repressed frustration from his failure in 04?

Whatever, he was not going to apologize to anyone before he apologized!:lol:

But just look back a few post in this very thread - 46 is STILL harping on food on your family. Maybe some of us are just dishing back out to the reality challenged here. Sec and 46 are so easy to drive, like old Chrysler push button automatics. Like tickle me Elmo, pull the string, you get only so many pre-programmed replies, it gets to the point where you bet amounst yourselves which one they will puke out any given topic! 46's string seems to be stuck.

So, as Ed Mcmahon would say...."Heeeeeeere's 46!"

( psst - your cue, kid)

Lefty
11-01-2006, 11:48 PM
And Hillary is: LOVIN IT

chickenhead
11-01-2006, 11:49 PM
He said what he said.
If you think everyone else is wrong, then, perhaps stupidity has landed on a different roost?:rolleyes:

oh, I KNOW I'm stupid....and despite my best efforts I've proved it repeatedly on this board. ;)

but that doesn't mean I'm wrong :kiss:

ElKabong
11-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Personally I find his comment repulsive and demeaning. If others here feel differently, you certainly have your right to feel that way. Doesn't bother me one bit on how you think of his comments, either way.

Bottom line, Kerry is a loser whose destiny is to eff up even the best of situations. The longer his life goes, the more this becomes truth. In 2004 he botched an easily winable election (thanks, John!) and now he'll likely cost his fellow dims some votes in a few days.

What a bleeping loser this guy is. To the repubs, John Kerry is "the gift that keeps on giving".

chickenhead
11-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Bottom line, Kerry is a loser whose destiny is to eff up even the best of situations. The longer his life goes, the more this becomes truth. In 2004 he botched an easily winable election (thanks, John!) and now he'll likely cost his fellow dims some votes in a few days.

What a bleeping loser this guy is. To the repubs, John Kerry is "the gift that keeps on giving".

Now this is something I think we can all agree on.

Tom
11-01-2006, 11:53 PM
oh, I KNOW I'm stupid....and despite my best efforts I've proved it repeatedly on this board. ;)

but that doesn't mean I'm wrong :kiss:

;) We still love you.

BTW, will Kerry check into rehab now?
Seems to be the in thing.

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2006, 01:49 AM

The funny part about all this is that Bush got better grades than Kerry at Yale, did he not? Who exactly didn't study Johnny Boy?

Maybe that's why GWB is President and John Kerry is still a wannabee.....:lol:

NoDayJob
11-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Why Senator Kerry hasn't released his military records? What's so special about his DD-214 that he refuses to disclose it. I suspect a superior of his gave him a bad rating and it would give his opponents a place to hang their hats on. 3 purple hearts has me wondering too. I served in Korea near Hu Dong Ni (Nov-Dec. '50) and believe me, to get a purple heart you'd have to be a stretcher case. Of course the Washington Weasels [Reps./Dems.] are able to get away with things that we, the great unwashed masses, would be put in jail in a heartbeat.

Secretariat
11-02-2006, 04:47 AM
Why Senator Kerry hasn't released his military records? What's so special about his DD-214 that he refuses to disclose it. I suspect a superior of his gave him a bad rating and it would give his opponents a place to hang their hats on. 3 purple hearts has me wondering too. I served in Korea near Hu Dong Ni (Nov-Dec. '50) and believe me, to get a purple heart you'd have to be a stretcher case. Of course the Washington Weasels [Reps./Dems.] are able to get away with things that we, the great unwashed masses, would be put in jail in a heartbeat.

Get the truth if you really want it. Check out factcheck.org.

http://www.factcheck.org/article231.html

hcap
11-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Despicable that a botched joke has become the repugs focus. Of course when 60 +% of us think bush is wrong on Iraq, there is not much the bushies can do other than play a shell game. To argue on the merits don't wash.
Speaking of botched jokes. Here is your oh so sensitive rutabaga.

...During the annual Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner this week, Bush presented a slide show of quirky photographs from inside the White House. In one, the president is looking under furniture in the Oval Office.
"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere," Bush joked. "Nope, no weapons over there ... maybe under here?" (Bush pokes fun at himself at dinner)

At the time Kerry responded
Mr Kerry's statement also included a comment from Iraq war veteran Brad Owens, who said: "War is the single most serious event that a president or government can carry its people into.

"This cheapens the sacrifice that American soldiers and their families are dealing with every single day"

Update on the war.....

http://www.needlenose.com/i/swopa/ConflictIndex10-06.jpg

"The conclusions the Central Command has drawn from these trends are not encouraging, according to a copy of the slide that was obtained by The New York Times. The slide shows Iraq as moving sharply away from “peace,” an ideal on the far left side of the chart, to a point much closer to the right side of the spectrum, a red zone marked “chaos.” As depicted in the command’s chart, the needle has been moving steadily toward the far right of the chart."

And youse guys wanna tawk 2004 again. Go figure

Kerry shoulda said "I bungled a joke, Bush bungled a war. Let the voters decide what's more important"

cj
11-02-2006, 06:14 AM

I am a lot of things, but stupid I am not. As a 21+ year member of the Air Force, he insulted me. Who the hell are you to call me stupid?

cj
11-02-2006, 06:18 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/irak.jpg

If the picture above is real, those involved should face disciplinary action.

hcap
11-02-2006, 06:55 AM
http://danzigercartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/dancart2951.jpg

In case you missed what else Kerry screwed up by mispeaking, well...

John Kerry Remark Destablizes Iraq
John Kerry Remark Kills Two in Iraq
John Kerry Remarks Spark Nationwide Salmonella Epidemic

At least bush can still put food on da table

chickenhead
11-02-2006, 09:21 AM
I am a lot of things, but stupid I am not. As a 21+ year member of the Air Force, he insulted me. Who the hell are you to call me stupid?

I don't think you are stupid CJ. I regret saying what I said, like I already admitted I can be plenty stupid at times...generally when I am pissed off.

If someone says something that can be interpreted two ways...one way being something youve heard them say a thousand times before....the other way something totally outlandish, something there is no logical reason to think they would say (and hundreds of reasons why they WOULDN'T say that)....its pretty clear which way it should be interpreted.

You are pissed off right now, and I can understand that....but Kerry did not insult you. I did, and I apologize for that.

cj
11-02-2006, 09:59 AM
No problem, we all say things we don't mean sometimes.

TRUEFREEDOM
11-02-2006, 10:07 AM
If I remember correctly what Trent Lott had said was a joke too, right ?

If memory serves me correctly this man was trashed in the media for his, off color, comment. And we were all made to believe that those were his true beliefs. Perhaps they were or are. But we all know where Kerry stands. And there are those like the Rosie O'Donnells that think that Kerry misquoted himself. God really is looking down on America. Because if he wasn't then there would be a President Kerry today.

rrpic6
11-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Speaking of botched jokes. Here is your oh so sensitive rutabaga.

...During the annual Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner this week, Bush presented a slide show of quirky photographs from inside the White House. In one, the president is looking under furniture in the Oval Office.
"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere," Bush joked. "Nope, no weapons over there ... maybe under here?" (Bush pokes fun at himself at dinner)

At the time Kerry responded
Mr Kerry's statement also included a comment from Iraq war veteran Brad Owens, who said: "War is the single most serious event that a president or government can carry its people into.

"This cheapens the sacrifice that American soldiers and their families are dealing with every single day"
Thanks for finding that quote hcap. Its the single most disgusting words that have ever been spoken by an American President. Every time I read his quote, it sinks in how far removed he and VP Draft Dodger are from the average American. Then both of them go on Rushbag's show this week to get some last minute free cheerleading/advertising from another draft dodger who is so far removed financially from the rest of us. Slimeball pays cash for his medical problems, so he has no idea the crisis of Health insurance costs to most of us. That brings my question to Military Vets here:
Does the Bush Administration provide free visits and meds to Vets at VA Hospitals? Have they cut programs that provide funding for these Hospitals?

TRUEFREEDOM
11-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks for finding that quote hcap. Its the single most disgusting words that have ever been spoken by an American President. Every time I read his quote, it sinks in how far removed he and VP Draft Dodger are from the average American.

Have we forgotten the most famous draft dodger ever to hold the presidency and his infamous quote ? Can anyone guess who I am talking about

Lefty
11-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Why? They're sghowing what we've been saying:The troops feel insulted.

lsbets
11-02-2006, 11:24 AM

Because it is inappropriate for soldiers to show disrespect to our civilian leaders, even if they do feel insulted.

Lefty
11-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Because it is inappropriate for soldiers to show disrespect to our civilian leaders, even if they do feel insulted.
Ok. But i'm still glad they did it to show the american people that it's not hype they feel insulted. How do you discipline a soldier who's already risking his life? Hmmm...

lsbets
11-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Ok. But i'm still glad they did it to show the american people that it's not hype they feel insulted. How do you discipline a soldier who's already risking his life? Hmmm...

I would give them counseling statements in their local file and forget about it.

chickenhead
11-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Ok. But i'm still glad they did it to show the american people that it's not hype they feel insulted.

I don't think it's hype that they feel insulted. I just can't see why some people, that know that is not what Kerry meant by his remarks, WANT them to feel insulted. OK I do know why, but I think it's pretty damn low.

This is a very serious thing Kerry has been charged with saying, and I don't for a second believe that is the correct interpretation of his remarks. I don't like Kerry, but I'm willing to stand up for him anyway. I'd like to think I'd do that for anyone.

And I think it's important for the troops to know that a high ranking Senator and presidential candidate did not insult them. Because he didn't.

Lefty
11-02-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't think it's hype that they feel insulted. I just can't see why some people, that know that is not what Kerry meant by his remarks, WANT them to feel insulted. OK I do know why, but I think it's pretty damn low.

This is a very serious thing Kerry has been charged with saying, and I don't for a second believe that is the correct interpretation of his remarks. I don't like Kerry, but I'm willing to stand up for him anyway. I'd like to think I'd do that for anyone.

And I think it's important for the troops to know that a high ranking Senator and presidential candidate did not insult them. Because he didn't.
It's not about what you or I think. The troops feel insulted and that's the bottom line.
Look at what dems have done in the past if you think it's low. It's lowthat Harry Reid goes into a classroom and calls the Pres a loser. It's low the Pres is called a liar almost every day. It's low that Kennedy says Bush concocted the war.
It's low that the dems keep trying to downplay the economy and played it up during the Clinton yrs when the barometers are better now.
It's low a few yrs ago durin a pres election they tried to jump on a "crawl" cause the word rats appeared on the screen as part of another word.
It's low what they did to Trent Lott for words he uttered at a Birthday party for god's sake. They don't come lower than the dems and that's the truth.

chickenhead
11-02-2006, 12:06 PM
It's not about what you or I think. The troops feel insulted and that's the bottom line.

I disagree. There is such a thing as objective truth in the world. It's not all about feelings Lefty. That line of thinking is what leads to the politically correct bs that we are surrounded with.

Secretariat
11-02-2006, 12:20 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/10/31/175122/71

"On June 13 of this year, my younger brother Russ was killed in Afghanistan. There is obviously no need for me to explain the pain this caused me and my family, from my mother, to Russ' twin brother, to his fiance.

We were contacted by all the members of our state's congressional coalition (all Republicans) and by our governor (John Lynch, a Dem). Only one politician from outside the state contacted us, and that was John Kerry. At Russ' funeral, the only two politicians who attended were Lynch and Kerry (no, cynics, he didn't advertise his appearance or make any statements to the media about it, so don't suggest he did it to win votes).

Since the funeral, a couple of our congressmen have followed up a little with our family. So has Lynch. So has Kerry. He has called my mother on multiple occaisions and offered to do anything he can to help us.

In short, he was there for my family, the family of a fallen soldier. He continues to be there for us, and has offered to do more.

What he said yesterday was clearly a slip of the tongue. He was talking about Bush, and misspoke slightly. The White House knows it, just as we know it. For cheap political gain, Bush and Co. are trying to make it sound as if he is insulting the troops, when they absolutely know that that is not the case.

As someone who has experienced Kerry's support for the troops first-hand, and as someone who has seen him give some small amount of comfort to my griveing mother, I can't put into words how offensive I find the false suggestion, for cheap politcal gain, that Kerry wants to insult our troops and their families.

To everyone out there trying to make that case (Bush, Cheney, Snow, McCain, among others), one simple message: Go to hell."

Yeah, he doesn't support the troops. Right.

GaryG
11-02-2006, 12:23 PM
From the daily f***ing kos??? Get real! :sleeping:

Lefty
11-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I disagree. There is such a thing as objective truth in the world. It's not all about feelings Lefty. That line of thinking is what leads to the politically correct bs that we are surrounded with.
The objective truth is the dems said and did all the things i described and more.
The objective truth is the troops are mad at what Kerry said.
The objectivetruth is if Kerry was trying to call the Pres stupid in front of young people, that's low too.

chickenhead
11-02-2006, 01:15 PM
You know, until people in this country decide, finally, to put nationalism above partisanship this country will continue it's slide.

Now conservatives level this charge plenty at liberals, and often, too often, they are correct. There are plenty of liberals who will admit that they are not strongly nationalist. This is a problem.

But it irks me just as much that I often see conservatives put their partisanship above their nationalism...and they do it in the name of nationalism!

Partisanship is absolutely killing this country. Half the population, at any given time, over any given issue, is acting in ways they know are wrong. They know it's wrong when the other side does it, but they are not willing to act responsibly anyway...they are not willing to put nationalism first.

Anyone can disagree with me, i don't care. I'm done with this thread, and I'm just about ready to give up any hope on this country. The dishonesty on both sides of our political discussion is absolutely sickening. It is sickening!

I find myself doing the same thing...but I try not to. I at least TRY to be honest. The thing that worries me most is I don't see enough people even trying.

We all say Iraq is failing because people are't putting their country before their clan. Well folks, get a good strong whiff of what that smells like...because we, in the US, are doing the exact same thing. And it's killing us.

The terrorists don't need to do anything...we are doing a fine job of dismantling ourselves.

grando
11-02-2006, 01:34 PM
He loses the election and now he insults our military in the heat of battle one week before election day.

This guy is an amazing strategist. The only thing this putz has done right is marry the Heinz "butch golddigging" himself out of the middle class.

Pathetic excuse for a man and human being.

cj
11-02-2006, 01:39 PM

Exactly as lsbets said. Not only is it inappropriate, it is against the UCMJ in my opinion. I certainly wasn't talking court martial or anything.

bigmack
11-02-2006, 01:46 PM
The objective truth is the troops are mad at what Kerry said.
The objective truth is if Kerry was trying to call the Pres stupid in front of young people, that's low too.
Well stated Left you hit it on the nail

lsbets
11-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Exactly as lsbets said. Not only is it inappropriate, it is against the UCMJ in my opinion. I certainly wasn't talking court martial or anything.

While as a commander I wouldn't go any higher than a sumamrized Article 15 (and I doubt I would even do that), there are probably several articles that this violates - specifically contempt towards officials and conduct unbecoming. I don't have the manual with me, so I can't look it up, but the fact is we live to a different standard in the military.

JustRalph
11-02-2006, 02:50 PM
LOC's and a pat on the back.

article 88 for Officers (I can't tell if there are any in the picture) article 92 for enlisted personnel

you know that any disciplinary action against these guys will make the news........kind of hard for a commander.........

grando
11-02-2006, 02:58 PM
You can't be serious? Remember, these people are dumb and stupid. They are not accountable for their actions. They know not what they do.

Hmmmm I see the same traits in Kerry ......... not accountable for his stupidity, blaming everyone for losing the election and for his own foot in mouth disease about damning our entire military, not once but twice in his sorry lifetime.

The "perfect" liberal. He should be tar and feathered. :ThmbUp:

hcap
11-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Ok Kerry can't tell a joke.
What about John Boehner who is NOT joking.

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-2328683.php

"Boehner refuses to apologize for faulting generals

By Rick Maze
Staff writer

In the wake of Sen. John Kerry’s belated apology for offending troops deployed in Iraq, House Majority Leader Rep. John Boehner of Ohio is being asked by Democrats to apologize for seemingly blaming senior military officers for any problems with the Bush administration’s Iraq strategy.

Boehner, however, does not appear to be budging.
“Good try,” he said when asked about demands for an apology.

In a Wednesday appearance on CNN, Boehner was asked for his view on Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and the U.S. policy in Iraq.

“There are a lot of people who want to blame what’s happening in Iraq on Donald Rumsfeld, but when you look at the transformation that our military has been through, it’s nothing short of remarkable,” Boehner said. “The fact is, the generals on the ground are in charge."

Now this stinks.

Secretariat
11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Hcap,

He's a Republican. He's allowed to criticize the troops.

btw..do you know if Bonior served?

Steve 'StatMan'
11-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Sec, I think Hcap's quote of Boehner's is a praise of what the military and the generals have accomplished on the ground, and that Hcap feels that that sentiment is the joke.

Secretariat
11-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Sec, I think Hcap's quote of Boehner's is a praise of what the military and the generals have accomplished on the ground, and that Hcap feels that that sentiment is the joke.

Now, you are joking right?

“There are a lot of people who want to blame what’s happening in Iraq on Donald Rumsfeld, but when you look at the transformation that our military has been through, it’s nothing short of remarkable,” Boehner said. “The fact is, the generals on the ground are in charge."

in other words, Boehner acknowledges what is happening in Iraq from wolf Blitzer's question, but gives Rumsfeld a pass, and put the blame on the generals on the ground. Unless, it was a botched joke,

hcap
11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Nope Steve.
Bonehead was not praising the military-only rummy.

From the Army Times article...

“You have to understand that the generals who have been in charge of the Pentagon have been very resistant to change,” Boehner said. “It’s the younger generals who understand this new force structure that we need to have for the military of the 21st century.

“I think there’s only one person in America who could have brought about that transformation, and that’s Donald Rumsfeld,” Boehner said. “He’s smart, he’s been through the Pentagon, knows how it works. And now we have a lighter, more flexible force, a quicker force.”

And Sec you are correct...

# Republican chickenhawks in the U.S. House : Newt Gingrich -- sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
# Majority Leader Dick Armey - avoided the draft, did not serve.
# Majority Leader Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve.
# Majority Leader John A. Boehner - did not serve.

hcap
11-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Now if I could only insert Rep.Bonehead....

http://noquarter.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/cartoon20061102.gif

cj
11-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Ok Kerry can't tell a joke.
What about John Boehner who is NOT joking.

Once again, the old "yeah, but he did it too" defense. It doesn't work for my kids, so I would assume grown men would know better.

What is next..."Liar, liar, pants on fire"?

Snag
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Partisanship is absolutely killing this country. Half the population, at any given time, over any given issue, is acting in ways they know are wrong. They know it's wrong when the other side does it, but they are not willing to act responsibly anyway...they are not willing to put nationalism first.

CH, I think it's called living free and being able to express your self. We stood united after 911. I think that is nationalism. Fighting with in the "family" is ok as long as the rest of the world knows that they can't attack one of us without dealing with all of us.

Snag
11-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Now if I could only insert Rep.Bonehead....

Why don't you ask those that are being shot at before being stupid?

Ponyplayr
11-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I would hope not..does the military have sense of humor?

Lefty
11-02-2006, 05:18 PM
chick, "nationalism above partinship", when will the dems do that? They're certainly not doing it now.

Lefty
11-02-2006, 05:20 PM
In 1972, Kerry also said some other things like, An all volunteer army would be made up of mostly the poor, the black and brown. He went on to say they would be the most likely to commit war crimes.
Do you see a pattern here?

cj
11-02-2006, 05:20 PM

Sure, but you do not criticize superiors or elected officials. We have different rules. I said the same thing when people were making Clinton jokes in the 90s. I didn't tolerate it then, and I wouldn't tolerate now. You just don't do it wearing a uniform, period.

Tom
11-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Have we forgotten the most famous draft dodger ever to hold the presidency and his infamous quote ? Can anyone guess who I am talking about

1. Bill Clinton
2. "I did not have sex with that woman, Miz Lewinski!" (*pound* fist)

or

"No Hillary, that dress doesn't make you look fat."

Lefty
11-02-2006, 05:31 PM
h'cap, the cartoon is as offensive as Kerry himself. I wasn't aware the war was over. We don't know what's going on over there, so how can we criticize? No war ever goes swimingly. People today that didn't live during WW11 don't have a friggin clue what a tough war is, except the soldiers themselves. But the citizenry doesn't. The economy is flourishing and people complained about high gas. During WW11 gas was severely rationed and my mother had to carpool to her job as a riveter. Other foodstuffs were rationed too, such as butter and sugar and meat. We tended victory gardens and collected paper and tinfoil for the war effort. We had regular blackouts.
All the people today are asked to do is pray and stand behind the President, but now too many are bitching. They don't know what tough is.

Lefty
11-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Sure, but you do not criticize superiors or elected officials. We have different rules. I said the same thing when people were making Clinton jokes in the 90s. I didn't tolerate it then, and I wouldn't tolerate now. You just don't do it wearing a uniform, period.
These people are risking their lives. I can tolerate quite a lot from them.

JustRalph
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM

Never been in the service have you? the answer is " not very often"

cj
11-02-2006, 05:56 PM
These people are risking their lives. I can tolerate quite a lot from them.

Fair enough. I understand why they did it (if it is real) but it doesn't make it acceptable in the military. Whether or not civilians find it tolerable doesn't really matter.

It isn't a big deal, and I never meant to portray it that way, but it also shouldn't happen again.

Secretariat
11-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Once again, the old "yeah, but he did it too" defense. It doesn't work for my kids, so I would assume grown men would know better.

What is next..."Liar, liar, pants on fire"?

I don't think it's a defense at all, merely illustrating the differences in how one is treated differently by the conservative media. Kerry, a pariah and lousy joke teller, and anti-American agaisnt the troops, and Bonior, a guy who never served and hence his comments were misunderstood so there's no need to even report it. Thank you GE, Disney, FOX, and Clear Channel.

I would imagine very few troops are even aware of Bonior's comments.

PlanB
11-02-2006, 06:59 PM
If we keep on thread, and I'm not saying we should since rambling is fun
and is kinda logical too, but, if we all stay on thread, KERRY WAS WRONG.
There's really nothing more than that. It's a "case closed" happening.
The man made a mistake; he over-estimated his brains, his wit & his class,
and he knows it now, and I hope he re-enlists, working kitchen duty, feeding
our great men & women, just nothing that requires talking, only smiling as he
serves the chow.

BlueShoe
11-02-2006, 07:20 PM
More than a third of a century ago,after completion of his Naval obligations,John Kerry went to work for General Vo Nguyen Giap.Recent events indicate that he is still on the payroll.

Lefty
11-02-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't think it's a defense at all, merely illustrating the differences in how one is treated differently by the conservative media. Kerry, a pariah and lousy joke teller, and anti-American agaisnt the troops, and Bonior, a guy who never served and hence his comments were misunderstood so there's no need to even report it. Thank you GE, Disney, FOX, and Clear Channel.

I would imagine very few troops are even aware of Bonior's comments.
And what about the mainstream(leftwing media) that has gone out of its way to excuse him. And the same media that only shows one side of the Iraq war.
Don't know about the other 2 but FOX has treated him quite fairly and i'm not talking about the pundits but the news div.
How can you libs complain about media; you're just spoiled you can't have it your own way anymore. The truth is out there.

grando
11-03-2006, 12:02 AM
In 1972, Kerry also said some other things like, An all volunteer army would be made up of mostly the poor, the black and brown. He went on to say they would be the most likely to commit war crimes.
Do you see a pattern here?
__________________________________________________ ________________

Yep, don't they commit most of the crimes here and get away with them?

If it walks like a duck......

BlueShoe
11-03-2006, 12:55 AM
The photo from Iraq sticking the needle into Kerry was a brilliant piece of satire if ever I saw one.Kind of reminds me of todays "Mallard Fillmore" or yesteryears "Little Abner",two comic strips that lampooned the imbeciles on the Left.Hard to fathom the possibility of any charges being brought against those troops,Kerry is a senator that is in no way in their chain of command,so any charges of misconduct or disrespect would be unwarrented.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2006, 01:01 AM
I'm not a military man myself, but I do suspect that military law and codes of conduct don't leave much (if anything) up to subjective interpretation.

Kerry's an elected official, and if the rules say you can't do that to an elected official, then the rules are the rules.....

How hard the rules are ENFORCED is an entirely different story...:lol:

BlueShoe
11-03-2006, 01:26 AM
During the Vietnam conflict,yours truly got away with a bit more than those guys in Iraq.As an obscure Navy petty officer serving aboard a carrier in the Tonkin Gulf,I was an open and vocal critic of the way the conflict was being conducted.In the terminology of the day,I was very "hawkish",and was very critical of LBJ and McNamara.My outspokenness did not pass unobserved for long and I was taken aside by a lieutenent commander,and told very firmly to knock it off or face charges.Not being completely stupid,I cooled it a bit.This experience still amuses me when I think about it,and in spite of it have always remained very pro military to this day.

JustRalph
11-03-2006, 06:08 AM
ABC apparently thinks Kerry was right.........or not........since I can't find the article on their site anymore......

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7050/620/1600/ABC%20News%20Kerry.jpg

Suff
11-03-2006, 06:23 AM
John Kerry made a verbal gaff.

Where is Game Theory? Liberal media? :lol: :lol:

Lefty
11-03-2006, 11:01 AM
ABC apparently thinks Kerry was right.........or not........since I can't find the article on their site anymore......

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7050/620/1600/ABC%20News%20Kerry.jpg
A couple days ago, Rush played a montage of clips of the Couric, Gibson and others making excuses for Kerry and trying to explain what Kerry was trying to say. They all had a diff take and it was hilarious.

Ponyplayr
11-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Never been in the service have you? the answer is " not very often"
Well it would appear in this case the Brass understand. :jump:
"Capt. J. Elaine Hunnicutt, a spokeswoman in the Joint Operations Center in Iraq, confirmed in an e-mail that the soldiers in the photo were from the Minnesota Guard and that commanders see it "as a humorous response."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15537663/

cj
11-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Guard, that explains it. :lol:

dav4463
11-04-2006, 12:01 AM

It's really pathetic. I know people who dont like many of the things I do. They are just different. That's it. Just like this. You go out and kill people. Go ahead. Fine with me. I choose not to. JUST DIFFERENT.

If I choose to have sex with animals and marry a gorilla, should I be able to get legally married? If I choose to drive on the left side of the road instead of the right, is that OK? I'm just different.

JustRalph
11-04-2006, 06:25 AM
If I choose to have sex with animals and marry a gorilla, should I be able to get legally married? If I choose to drive on the left side of the road instead of the right, is that OK? I'm just different.

I don't know why that is so funny.......... but I got an instant picture of a gorilla in wedding dress in my mind.......... :lol: :lol:

GaryG
11-04-2006, 07:09 AM
I don't know why that is so funny.......... but I got an instant picture of a gorilla in wedding dress in my mind.......... :lol: :lol:I know why....you had seen it in the sf chron on the front page

Tom
11-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Kerry opened his mouth and shot himself in the foot.
Has he applied for another Purple Heart?

Anyone catch Bill Maher lst night oin HBO......the libs arae eating thier young again. First Lieberman, now Kerry. Loyalty runs deep on the left side of the aisle!

Although, without the support of the Hollywierdos, maybe Kerry could do better! :eek:

Secretariat
11-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Just a must read by Keith Olberman.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15519404/page/4/

An excerpt:

"This president must apologize to the troops for having suggested, six weeks ago, that the chaos in Iraq, the death and the carnage, the slaughtered Iraqi civilians and the dead American service personnel, will, to history, “look like just a comma.”

This president must apologize to the troops because the intelligence he claims led us into Iraq proved to be undeniably and irredeemably wrong.

This president must apologize to the troops for having laughed about the failure of that intelligence at a banquet while our troops were in harm’s way.

This president must apologize to the troops because the streets of Iraq were not strewn with flowers and its residents did not greet them as liberators.

This president must apologize to the troops because his administration ran out of “plan” after barely two months.

This president must apologize to the troops for getting 2,815 of them killed.

This president must apologize to the troops for getting this country into a war without a clue.

And Mr. Bush owes us an apology for this destructive and omnivorous presidency.

We will not receive them, of course.

This president never apologizes.

Not to the troops.

Not to the people.

Nor will those henchmen who have echoed him."

Tom
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Mrs Oberman owes us all an apology for not exercising her rights under Roe v Wade. I can see why Sec admires the guy......:lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
thank god nobody watches that idiot.

luv_america
11-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Just a must read by Keith Olberman.

There is no such thing.

The headline of the linked article:
"Bush owes troops an apology, not Kerry"

Lets ask the troops how they feel about that.

Secretariat
11-06-2006, 06:05 PM
There is no such thing.

The headline of the linked article:
"Bush owes troops an apology, not Kerry"

Lets ask the troops how they feel about that.

There are plenty of examples, of troops who have asked just for that Bush apology that I've posted before such as Tillman's brother.

But I will agree on one thing, Kerry is lousy when tries to tell jokes, but he gets ridiculed for being too stiff and serious when he doesn't try.

Bill Clinton, who I'm not a particualr fan of, is a much better joke teller. This one he said the other day is a good one:

"Bill Clinton on summing up the Republican campaign

"You have to vote for us (Republicans) because our opponents are no good...and because they will tax you into the poorhouse and on the way to the poorhouse you will meet a terrorist on every street corner and when you try to run away from the terrorists you will trip over an illegal alien"

Lefty
11-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Kerry wasn't telling a joke cause the joke made no sense.
If Clinton was telling a joke it's on him and the Dems.

JustRalph
11-06-2006, 06:35 PM
"You have to vote for us (Republicans) because our opponents are no good...and because they will tax you into the poorhouse and on the way to the poorhouse you will meet a terrorist on every street corner and when you try to run away from the terrorists you will trip over an illegal alien"

sounds right to me?

luv_america
11-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Bill Clinton, who I'm not a particualr fan of, is a much better joke teller. This one he said the other day is a good one:

"Bill Clinton on summing up the Republican campaign

Yes, this is more proof why Democrats cannot be trusted with power. Bill Clinton reduces our national security and terrorism into a joke.

Please elaborate as to why you think that is funny?

chickenhead
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Yes, this is more proof why Democrats cannot be trusted with power. Bill Clinton reduces our national security and terrorism into a joke.

Nope, no WMD's under there.

Hmmm, nope, no WMD's over there.

Sound familiar? I actually thought Bush's was funny, maybe you didn't...but you seem to be up on a mighty high horse there cowboy. You wouldn't call that reducing our nat'l security and terrorism to a joke?

btw...the Dems said the EXACT same thing about Bush. You and them, sorta the same thing. Smear, every chance you get.

Lefty
11-06-2006, 08:14 PM
chick, it's one thing to make yourself the butt of a joke, which Bush did. It's another to BE a joke, which Clinton was. Which one cut the military budget, hmmm?

Tom
11-06-2006, 11:40 PM

This just shows you what the libs think about taxes, national security, and illegal imigration. That statement is 100% true and the reason to keep the libs out of office. Plus most are ugly. :lol: