PDA

View Full Version : Thousands of weapons missing!!!!

Secretariat
10-30-2006, 06:41 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15488151/

Thousands of weapons missing, report says
U.S. has not properly tracked half a million weapons for Iraqi forces

Still more evidence today of poor management of U.S. tax dollars designed to help rebuild Iraq. And for the first time, the possibility that this may be endangering our own troops. The U.S. has not properly tracked half a million weapons bought for Iraqi security forces, and a new report reveals that 14,000 weapons are now considered missing.

That's right, according to government watchdogs, more than 13,000 Glock semi-automatic pistols, 751 assault weapons and almost 100 machine guns cannot be accounted for in Iraq, raising the possibility that they may have fallen into the hands of insurgents.

How much more mismanagment can we take? Rumsfeld has got to go. NOW!!!

JustRalph
10-30-2006, 08:09 PM
yeah, I am sure Rumsfield could have stopped a truckload of guns being hijacked.

you know that we lose weapons even here in the U.S., right?

Happens all the time. Not to the tune of 13k, but it happens. I have personally participated in a few investigations where crates of M-16's disappeared. I also know somebody who was court marshaled because he put a crate of M-16's and a few M-60's on a military bus and 500 miles later they were gone. It happens here, I am sure it can happen big time over there.

Btw, who do you think ends up with them here? Let's just say that Tony Soprano has tons of connections..............

PaceAdvantage
10-30-2006, 08:17 PM
How much more mismanagment can we take? Rumsfeld has got to go. NOW!!!

Would make for a snappy placard.

I think I might change the name of off-topic to Beat Your Dead Horse Here

Nahhhhh...too long....

bigmack
10-30-2006, 08:23 PM
I think I might change the name of off-topic to Beat Your Dead Horse Here
Nahhhhh...too long....
Same Dung - Different Day!

http://www.speeds-cartoons.com/animations2/24150.gif

Tom
10-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Gee, Sec, weapons get lost in Iraq?
But WMD could not have been lost, could they?

DJofSD
10-30-2006, 09:58 PM
raising the possibility that they may have fallen into the hands of insurgents.

Don't worry, there in the hands of honest, peace-loving members of the religion of Islam.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Disturbing, but probabaly not enough to fill 2 mosques.

Secretariat
10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Gee, Sec, weapons get lost in Iraq?
But WMD could not have been lost, could they?

Tom,

C'mon. 14K weapons lost, 1 million not properly registerd. Millions of dollars lost. We KNOW these weapons were lost. We don't know what ever happened to the fantasy WMDs.

It amazes me how much you people will defend Rumsfeld. What if your son is killed by one of these "lost" machine guns or Glocks? I can even understand the rationale for foolishly buying into the war. I cannot understand the continual support for a guy who has mismanaged this war as bad as Rumsfeld has. Do you even read the reports from Generals Batiste or Eaton? No, they're some tool of the liberal establishment even though they're Republicans. Batistie's a lifelong Republican. They're saying Rumsfeld must resign. We need new leadership in the Defense Department.

If it was only about a Democrat victory in the Congress I'd keep my mouth shut because your guys are giving Dem's the best ads ever. Ineptness. Stubborness. And Slogans.

I care that Rumsfeld is throwun out because he has f'ed up badly, and if one American soldier is killed by one of these "lost" guns, the blood is on the guy who shot him, but it is also on Rumsfeld's hands.

Tom
10-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Don't worry, there in the hands of honest, peace-loving members of the religion of Islam. :lol::lol::lol:

Tom
10-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Tom,

C'mon. 14K weapons lost, 1 million not properly registerd. Millions of dollars lost. We KNOW these weapons were lost. We don't know what ever happened to the fantasy WMDs.

It amazes me how much you people will defend Rumsfeld. Pay attention, Sec - I never defend Rumsfeld. If you are going to post, get it right. What if your son is killed by one of these "lost" machine guns or Glocks? I can even understand the rationale for foolishly buying into the war. I cannot understand the continual support for a guy who has mismanaged this war as bad as Rumsfeld has. You thought Letterman looked smart, so much what you understand! Do you even read the reports from Generals Batiste or Eaton? No, they're some tool of the liberal establishment even though they're Republicans. Batistie's a lifelong Republican. They're saying Rumsfeld must resign. We need new leadership in the Defense Department. Actually, day-to-day stuff, like securing the weaponsa would be more the responsibility of the Generals, not Rummy. Maybe they spend too much time bitching and writting reports?

If it was only about a Democrat victory in the Congress I'd keep my mouth shut because your guys are giving Dem's the best ads ever. Ineptness. Stubborness. And Slogans.Guess we will have to settle for facts and action.

I care that Rumsfeld is throwun out because he has f'ed up badly, and if one American soldier is killed by one of these "lost" guns, the blood is on the guy who shot him, but it is also on Rumsfeld's hands.

yadda yadda yadda.

kenwoodallpromos
10-31-2006, 04:22 AM
"What if your son is killed by one of these "lost" machine guns or Glocks?"
Seriously, how many of our troops HAVE been killed by those machine guns or Glocks?

Secretariat
10-31-2006, 08:06 AM
"What if your son is killed by one of these "lost" machine guns or Glocks?"
Seriously, how many of our troops HAVE been killed by those machine guns or Glocks?

We don't know. That's just it. I doubt the Pentagon would release that info if it did know. We do know however we've lost over a 100 soldiers this past month, but to some here that may be considered intellectually dishonest.

kenwoodallpromos
10-31-2006, 02:16 PM
We don't know. That's just it. I doubt the Pentagon would release that info if it did know. We do know however we've lost over a 100 soldiers this past month, but to some here that may be considered intellectually dishonest.
_______
I keep hearing or guys are being killed by IEDs and sniper rifles. I assume Muslims are being killed by Glocks if anyone is. At any rate, if we cut and run like I want (at least to the oilfields and Iranian/Syrian border!) the nationals would be killing each other.

luv_america
10-31-2006, 03:42 PM
Since its Halloween today I'm going to dress up as Donald Rumsfled. That should scare the couple of liberals in my town real good when I go door knocking looking for welfare cheese later today.

Now, if I could only dress up as Haliburton.

luv_america
10-31-2006, 03:46 PM
This older article is getting national press today after being mentioned on Rush Limbaugh yesterday.

http://victorhanson.com/articles/hanson041206.html

It considers the media's reporting of war deaths vs. the crime and incidental death rate in California. Of course, there isn't a moral equivelence, but a good point is being made in the article about how the media is obsessed with counting and over exaggeration.

Liberals, a warning before you read it, it has big words, and statistics that weren't published first on the Daily Koz or Democratic Underground, so you won't take them as being factual.

46zilzal
10-31-2006, 03:48 PM
boxcar re-packaged

wes
10-31-2006, 05:19 PM
All who are claimimg Rumsfeld must go. One question! Who are you going to replace him with? The next one could be worse.

Then what would you complain about? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

wes

Tom
10-31-2006, 05:54 PM

No, you sick boy - many of us prefer to mourn our dead rather than parade them around for election coverage. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Tom
10-31-2006, 05:56 PM
All who are claimimg Rumsfeld must go. One question! Who are you going to replace him with? The next one could be worse.

wes

Shemp, Curly, Larry, Abbot.......the list boggles the mind!

Secretariat
10-31-2006, 06:29 PM

wes

I've already mentined three. Colin Powell, Welsey Clark, and General Batiste. Two Republicans and a Democrat. All with distinguished miltary careers and understand the nature of actual combat. any of them would defintely not be worse than Rumsfeld.

JustRalph
10-31-2006, 08:54 PM
I've already mentined three. Colin Powell, Welsey Clark, and General Batiste. Two Republicans and a Democrat. All with distinguished miltary careers and understand the nature of actual combat. any of them would defintely not be worse than Rumsfeld.

yeah, two liberals and a closet one............