PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail problem

speedking
10-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Just got a call from my buddy who is a mortgage banker in a large office. To keep his leads and business private, he uses a hotmail account rather than company email most of the time. Seems that for the past couple weeks he has been unable to access the hotmail account from his office computer about 75% of the times. On occasion he can get in. I have no trouble getting into his account from my house and his brother in NY can access also. Both of us just opened the account while his macjine hangs and is timed out.

Anyone have an idea of what the problem is? He's pulling out what little hair he has left.

Thanks,

speedking

bigmack
10-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Anyone have an idea of what the problem is? He's pulling out what little hair he has left.
Speedo -
A mortgage banker using Hotmail sounds like a surgeon using Operation by Milton Bradley to practice surgery. In any event, have him check with his firm as they more than likely have some filters in play.

speedking
10-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks, BigMack, but he has 3 email accounts and still prefers receiving efaxes and outside business messages thru Hotmail.

I tried to help and wasted an hour on the phone with his IT people. Don't know how those clowns can keep such an operation running. Their solution was to have everything sent to his company account.

Waiting to hear from the Hotmail techs :rolleyes:

speedking

JustRalph
10-30-2006, 04:53 PM
ever heard of a "tracert" command ?

have him try a tracert from the command line. like this

"start" "run" type in "Cmd" hit enter A dos box comes up

Type in
"tracert www.hotmail.com"
hit enter and read the screen.

This should show where the request goes......and where it hangs up.

see where it hangs up.................and then have him call his I.T. guys and tell them. If they are any good at all.......they can tell him if it is local or somewhere on the net............I bet it is local though........since it has lasted a while. they probably have a router or something somewhere that is acting up. I say this since you say he has gotten thru a few times. Whatever it is, the more info he can give his I.T. guys (no matter their ability) the more may learn about the problem

speedking
10-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks a bunch, Ralph. I'll pass it on to him.

speedking