PDA

View Full Version : 11 Euro's arrive in Louisville

Suff
10-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Team Europe's assault on the Breeders' Cup gathered momentum as 11 members were safely installed in the quarantine barn at Churchill Downs on Sunday night.

Having arrived fit and well, five Sullee Lexington horse vans transported the horses from Louisville International Airport to the track.

Godolphin's Breeders' Cup Mile challengers Echo Of Light and Librettist arrived first at around 4pm in company with Silca's Sister, who is set to tackle the Grade Three Cardinal Handicap on Sunday.

Almost two and a half hours later, the vans carrying Ouija Board, Hurricane Run, Araafa, David Junior, Red Rocks, Rob Roy, Satwa Queen, Sleeping Indian and Satulagi all arrived at Longfield Avenue and pulled into Gate 10 before their cargo stepped directly into quarantine.

Nick Clarke, of the International Racing Bureau, said: "All the horses had blood samples taken at the airport, which were sent for testing at a special unit in Iowa.

"These should be cleared within 24 to 36 hours meaning that the European horses can then move into the neighbouring isolation barn and work on the track on Tuesday.

"Aidan O'Brien's five runners (George Washington, Scorpion, Ivan Denisovich, Aussie Rules and Ad Valorem) are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, but in the past Aidan has left it until Friday to take them to the track

DJofSD
10-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Wish I was arriving too! I take it you've got your travel plans out of there figured out.

Ah -- Sleeping Indian. One that I'm interested in.

Thanks!

Suff
10-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Wish I was arriving too! I take it you've got your travel plans .

Thanks!

I'm leaving on the 7:15 Saturday night. But I get to louisville this Thursday morning.

I've been doing a fair amount of traveling, and my friend travels a lot, but we're juiced about this trip.

We've been talking our pik6 ticket everyday for a week.:lol: (sometimes multiple times a day)

My Goals are more realistic. I'm arriving Thursday. Goal #1 is Don't be broke by Saturday morning:jump:

Tom
10-30-2006, 08:27 PM
My Goals are more realistic. I'm arriving Thursday. Goal #1 is Don't be broke by Saturday morning:jump: My Goals are more realistic. I'm arriving Thursday. Goal #1 is Don't be broke by FRIDAY morning :D