PDA

View Full Version : dbMaxcapper-New Updated Version

InFront
10-29-2006, 06:49 PM
I like to tell everyone about the latest version of a fairly new program called dbMaxcapper from ADK Coders. I think the program has been around a couple of years and about 6 months ago after checking several websites for other programs I decided to purchase dbMaxcapper for several reasons. Mainly I was looking for a software program that builds it’s database using the BRIS/TSN files and also has many features to build, backtest and has research capabilities to work on many types of spot play angles. Also the developer Bob was opened to any suggestions a user may have that can improve his program. I thought his original program had much potential which is why I purchased it and after feeding him more than a dozen of new ideas, features, concepts, fix a few bugs, etc. over these last couple of months he has just finished adding more than a dozen of my requests which is now in this latest dbMaxcapper version.

There are too many of these changes to list but some of the highlights are:

Added many more db fields that pertain to the actual Bris/TSN ratings. The program now has over 225 db fields included.
Among these added many types of speed rating fields that I believe to be one of the best formulas that works with speed ratings for contender/eliminator horses.
Makes building a database a snap to add in more data daily/weekly giving a warning message in case you happen to miss a matching prerace/results file.
One of the most important features has been added called a Spot Play Report. Now not just can you backtest just about any type of spot play angle through the database you simply can save/activate it and dbMaxcapper is now capable of scanning through a prerace file and automatically find any one of your own customized spot play qualified horses for todays races. Very powerful feature.

There is so many more new features plus the original dbMaxcapper already had so much to offer such as already including many built-in methods and ratings of Bob’s own creation. This software is not widely advertised (not even a website for it yet) but if you email Bob at ADKCODERS1@suddenlink.net (ADKCODERS@suddenlick.net) I’m sure he’ll answer any questions you may have and also send you a copy of the new updated PDF manual which is well written giving in detail listing all of dbMaxcapper’s features including the new updated ones so you can decide. Plus the cost is much less than other programs I seen and you get great support once you’re a user.

Now I’m not saying it will turn any player into a winner ( I am still doing tons research on it especially with these new features) but if you're looking for a program that can finally test the many methods, angles, spot plays, etc. through a large database and tweak the hec out of any concept to finally see what the bottom line is then dbMaxcapper may what you're looking for. I now have about 32,000 races containing more than 225,000 horses built into dbMaxcapper to be able to start backtesting many ideas at least through a decent size sample now.

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm curious about your motivation for making such a post, as it really sounds like an ad....I know you've done this before for another program by another vendor, so I don't think you're being underhanded here....but I am curious....

InFront
10-30-2006, 02:02 AM
No, I am not affiliated with dbMaxcapper in any way just as I am not affiliated with QuickHorse when I posted about it awhile back. I do not get a commission or kickback of any kind from either of these programs. Just like to tell other fellow horse players my experience with any software I may have tried. While Quickhorse is still a great program for building "ranking types of methods" as I mentioned before it's weakness is not being able to backtest strict criteria spot plays. While the new dbMaxcapper is awesome at this using SQL (structered query language) and makes it so easy without even needing to be a programmer.

To me the original dbMaxcapper version had potential which is why I bought it but now the latest version with many new features I think is more powerful. It took me a few months trying out many of dbMaxcapper's features in the first version before deciding on more than a dozen new things and requested them to the developer to add them. As I said over the last couple of months he added them all. And I even suggested a few more recently which he is also thinking of doing. Where do you get support like this? And the program only cost $150 with no extra subscription cost. Go ahead and email Bob and see if he can send you the manual so you can check all of many, many dbMaxcapper's features out that I know are not available in other software database programs marketed today.

Dave Schwartz
10-30-2006, 02:50 AM
Does the software come with a database of past races?

ryesteve
10-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Does the software come with a database of past races?
Wouldn't that be illegal?

InFront
10-30-2006, 01:12 PM
No, I think it came just with a few racecards which I deleted them immediately and started importing my own newer data. I was able to build a good size database fairly quickly cause I saved all my TSN zipped files that I used for Quickhorse and then archived them into dbMaxcapper. So both of these programs I now use have about 230,000 horses in them from most U.S. tracks. I already was use to working with BRIS/TSN data files and all their ratings they have so I wanted to find another program besides Quickhorse that also uses these same files and dbMaxcapper fit the bill. Plus after reading it's manual and how the developer was open to suggestions on improving it dbMaxcapper was an easy decision to make why I went ahead and purchased it. I would have easily paid twice more for it especially now with all the newer features it has.