PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Race 6 at BIG APPLE

Suff
10-05-2002, 10:28 AM
I like the 3 here Like the rest of the world and on a wide pick three I putting the 7 and the 1... I'm boxing the 7 with the 3 in here as well... I am leaning towards the 7 as the horse the could possible upset the 3 in here.. But unlikely,, its Storm flag flying at 4-5...

After the scraches come out at 11:00 am I will post my selections for races 5, 7,8 ,9... Rained a lil this morning,, TURF could be yielding

NYRAcapper
10-05-2002, 12:19 PM
I'm really really curious and NOT trying to start an arguement, but what does everyone see in Storn Flag Flying that she is 3-5 in the morning line. Her speed figs don't exactly set the world on fire and I for one am not that impressed with her last where she drew off on an off track. Personally I think Santa Catarina will blow her doors off. Also I wouldn't be too quick to toss #2 One&Twenty---looking at her running lines it was the distance switch more so than a surface switch that got her going. Brigmohan has a history of pulling upsets in these major NY Stakes races and odds of 3-5 are completely unacceptable on a 2 year old filly whose best beyer makes her fifth in the field as far as beyers go.

That being said Johnny V and Storm Flag Flying will prove me wrong and win by ten again. Such is life.

Suff
10-05-2002, 12:57 PM
her beyer is 94... the highest in the field... only the 5,7 have a 90.. and i like the 7 a wee bit... not likking a horse or seeing something diffrent is not an argument.. its handicapping.. I love to hear different views on a race... I'm not related to any of these horses.. You can knock them all you want.. I don't take my selections personal... its fun to hear and talk about the different ways people see a race... at least its fun to me... lol... and there is alot to like about this horse

Out of Storm Cat

Mcgaughey/Velequez

won at first asking going 4 wide in a 9 horse field (greenly)
won at 2nd asking in a GRADE 1 by 12 going GREENLY
won at first asking in sprint
won at first asking going a mile
trainer at 27% w/2yr olds
Jockey winning at 24%
did his last 1/8th miles in 13 seconds each... They will not catch this horse

NYRAcapper
10-05-2002, 01:15 PM
Just not with my money. By the way I use ITS and her high speed fig is an 85 last out her first was an 84 obviously these are not Beyers that I'm using.