PDA

View Full Version : Survey

BigCountry
10-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Hey, everyone! I've got a massive project for one of my racing classes this semester. I need the help of as many people as possible, so I hope you'll all take the time to fill out the survey below. Don't worry, it doesn't take long! I'd really appreciate it if you could e-mail your responses to PonyAce@aol.com (PonyAce@aol.com). Please, please, PLEASE resist the temptation to look anything up. This is ALL about your perceptions.

Thank you SO much!

1-Where do you live?
2-Which racing circuit do you follow most closely?
3-Do you consider yourself a serious or casual fan or handicapper?
4-Excluding Kentucky, overall the most successful state-breds are from what state?
5-California-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
6-California-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
7-Maryland-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
8-Maryland-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
9-Florida-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
10-Florida-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
11-New York-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
12-New York-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
13-Pennsylvania-breds perform better at:
a.Below 7f
b.7f-1 1/16
c.1 1/16+
14-Pennsylvania-breds perform better on:
a.Dirt
b.Turf
15-On an average card at a California track, how many state-bred races are run?
16-On an average card at a Maryland track, how many state-bred races are run?
17-On an average card at a Florida track, how many state-bred races are run?
18-On an average card at a New York track, how many state-bred races are run?
19-On an average card at a Pennsylvania track, how many state-bred races are run?
20-Over the course of a year, approximately how many California-bred stakes races are run?
21-Over the course of a year, approximately how many Maryland-bred stakes races are run?
22-Over the course of a year, approximately how many Florida-bred stakes races are run?
23-Over the course of a year, approximately how many New York-bred stakes races are run?
24-Over the course of a year, approximately how many Pennsylvania-bred stakes races are run?
25-Please rank the following groups in order of how much money you believe they run for, with your “1” ranking running for the most.
a.California-breds
b.Maryland-breds
c.Florida-breds
d.New York-breds
e.Pennsylvania-breds
26-From the perspective of a bettor, would you say that state-bred programs overall add or detract from a race card?
27-From the perspective of a fan, would you say that state-bred programs overall add or detract from the sport or your enjoyment as a fan?
28-Any other comments on your impressions of state-bred programs?