PDA

View Full Version : PHA Race Caller Returns

melman
10-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Keith Jones will be calling again on Monday after a few months off after undergoing neck surgery and the subsequent rehab. You were missed Keith and it will be very nice to "hear" you again.

Doc
10-28-2006, 11:31 PM
I heartily agree! For the last five weeks, us Philly-followers have had to endure Pat "They'rrrrrre racing!" Cummings, Ken "Stumblin' Fumblin'" Warkentin, and last but not least Vince "I'm Only a Television Host" Reed. Reed's stint behind the mike was actually funny, because it was obvious he had no idea of what he was doing. The other two aforementioned callers were just sheer torture on the ears and nerves. I think Keith Jones is one of the best in the business, and I expect to break into wild applause when I hear his voice come over loud and clear on my television.

Doc :jump: :jump: :jump:

Zaf
10-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Good News, Like his race calls and his enthuiasm :ThmbUp: !

Z

melman
10-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Racing could use a few more good guys like Keith Jones. During the "Smarty mania" at the PHA he did a very nice job with all the time requested of him by local and national TV. Glad to hear others agree with me that Keith is one solid pro. BTW I wonder how the horse named after him (Creme Donut Keith) is doing?? Last I knew he won a race out on the SoCal tracks.

Hey Doc also agree with you about KenW he is one of the two regular callers at BigM and it makes me wonder how. :jump: Ken is at his best doing the selection and chat show that BigM puts on but his skills as a race caller are not to my liking. The other guy up at BigM (Sammy Mac) is not to bad just a bit on the bland side. What they need to do is bring in Mr Lederman from Freehold but he has to good a time doing the calls to please some of the stuffed shirts. Larry does some work for the PhonebetTV show also and yesterday did 15 race calls at Freehold followed by a six hour show on PhonebetTV that highlighted the Woodbine Breeders Crown races. He was still going strong nearing midnight. :jump: :jump: