PDA

View Full Version : this is just wrong!

dav4463
10-28-2006, 04:57 AM
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200610/POL20061027c.html

boy's penis in father's mouth....defended by the writer

says it's not a sexual act.....this is one sick SOB !

JustRalph
10-28-2006, 06:31 AM
I lost a little respect for this guy, after reading this stuff yesterday. I don't know where this comes from inside this dude. I understand it is fiction, but come on?

He has a decent Military record including service as Navy Sec. I believe he is obviously qualified to be elected, but this gave me the willies. This stuff you posted isn't the worst of it either........

Tom
10-28-2006, 10:42 AM
His novels are considered exploring new legislative territory. Kind of testingthe waters for 08.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I thought Foley resigned in shame for possibly talking about suggestive things like this in emails to young pages, and has been a rallying point why not to elect someone from his party. And this guy from the other party is writing books with this stuff? Just because he says he saw this overseas doesn't mean he has to write about it. Or if he feels he does, he shouldn't expect to run for public office.

Or is Public Office turning into Pubic Orafice nowdays?

ljb
10-28-2006, 11:02 AM
What's the big deal folks ? This is not the first time the neocons have used fiction to sway the public. You all remember:
WMDs and Mushroom shaped clouds.
How about Mission Accomplished or perhaps Bring it on !
My current favorite is.
I was for "stay the course" before I was against "stay the course."
But I will agree this is the first time they have used old fiction. :lol:

luv_america
10-28-2006, 12:52 PM
ljb, for at least the 5th time, tell us who the "neocons" are, or do you really just mean "Jews"?

GameTheory
10-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Going just by that article, I'll have to side with the Democrat here -- using arbitrary depictions of behavior from a fictional novel as a smear? I could understand if the POINT of the novel was something bad -- if it was somehow a "pro-pediophila" novel or something I could see it as a legitimate criticism. But just because a novel contains something dark, or something that makes you uncomfortable? I guess all novelists and artists of any kind should be banned from politics.

This kind of stuff is exactly why we will never get the best & the brightest to run for office...

luv_america
10-28-2006, 01:11 PM
The more important question here is, "What if a Republican wrote that?"

In the same campaign Allen has been assaulted by the press, smearing him for stupid things he said like "Moucaka" and blowing it out of proportion, plus the ALLEGED use of the "N-Word" over 20 years ago.

Does Allen get chopped to bits for what he was alleged to have said, but Webb gets a pass for what he absolutely wrote?

Tom
10-28-2006, 02:41 PM
GT makes a good point.
A week away from the elections, and I have yet to see one single ad that was not negative by either side. I have ( sadly) seen far more debate on thie real issues here in OFF TOPICS than I have in the real race. And when all is said and done, more people will not have voted than those who will.
Every day I see Bush in some other state stumping for candidates on my dollar. I know all presidents do it, but it doesn't make it right. Get to the heaert of the matter, he is using democrat's tax dollars to benefit republican candidates. But since he live and breathes by bridbery and fund rasing, I guess he has no conscience. Elected to represent one groups, takes bribes to represent others. Class act. and the sad part about it is, he was the best of the last two elections by a long shot. *Shudder*

Brightest and best? GT, we will never see them in office - all they have to do now is pony up a few bucks, snap thier fingers, and presto! Why be president when you can buy one? We will have to settle for the hungriest of the whores to vote for.

JustRalph
10-28-2006, 02:56 PM
We had a sex offender here in Ohio that was instructed by his head doctor to keep a diary of his goofy sex dreams and when the parole officer found it, they locked his ass back up. He eventually was released again when a court stepped in after over a year (if memory serves me right) and some of the stuff that guy wrote would rival what Webb has written and was paid to write it.

luv_america
10-28-2006, 03:14 PM
The best and brightest in our country would never be subjected the intense media focus our political process gets. They're too busy being the 1% that pays 35% of the tax burden in he US.

Secretariat
10-28-2006, 04:08 PM
GT makes a good point.
A week away from the elections, and I have yet to see one single ad that was not negative by either side. I have ( sadly) seen far more debate on thie real issues here in OFF TOPICS than I have in the real race.

I agree rarely with you, but I do agree on this.

Where have been the dicussions on -

1) the future of social security

2) medicare

3) future policy towards despots

4) health care

5) education

6) the environment

7) energy

8) lobbyist reform

9) immigration

10) the war on terror

The election has become about the following:

1) Who has the worst sex scandals

2) Iraq

3) Who has lined their pockets while in office

I am amazed on how easy it is to get sucked up in this crap as if anyone will give a shit about Mark Foley a year from now, or whether George Allen said "macaca" or whether Webb wrote something in a novel 40 years ago about something he saw while in a bar. Good God, to announce no one should run for office if he saw something horrible and put it in a book is absurd.

ljb
10-28-2006, 04:43 PM
ljb, for at least the 5th time, tell us who the "neocons" are, or do you really just mean "Jews"?
What do conservatives conserve ?

luv_america
10-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Thank you ljb for telling us who you are. Now that you made it clear, we can understand your bigoted perspective.

luv_america
10-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Secretariat,

I almost totally agree with that post. This election should be about ideas not October surprises and scandals. I'm confident (or hopeful) in the end
the American people will vote for the canidates that they feel best represents their opinions and interests.

Tom
10-28-2006, 06:35 PM
But, there are none.

Not one candidate represents what I want or believe in.
And if one said he did, I would know he was lying.

Face it, if you have come far enough to actually get your parties nomination, you are already bought and paid for.

The only diff between dems and repubs is how to screw us and how much to charge us for the service.

ljb
10-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Thank you ljb for telling us who you are. Now that you made it clear, we can understand your bigoted perspective.
Huh ??? :bang: :bang: :bang:

46zilzal
10-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Not one candidate represents what I want or believe in.
And if one said he did, I would know he was lying.

Face it, if you have come far enough to actually get your parties nomination, you are already bought and paid for.

The only diff between dems and repubs is how to screw us and how much to charge us for the service.
you mean no one wants to KILL eveyone? Too bad

Tom
10-28-2006, 06:38 PM
The election has become about the following:

1) Who has the worst sex scandals

2) Iraq

3) Who has lined their pockets while in office

I am amazed on how easy it is to get sucked up in this crap as if anyone will give a shit about Mark Foley a year from now, or whether George Allen said "macaca" or whether Webb wrote something in a novel 40 years ago about something he saw while in a bar. Good God, to announce no one should run for office if he saw something horrible and put it in a book is absurd.

And yet there YOU are, every day, a new post, fanning the flames. Like a little kid who found dooty in his pants and calls his mommy to LOOK! LOOK! LOOK what I found?

Look in a mirror and you see where it comes from.
Then read some of Hcaps or Ljbs posts. Or one of 46s - they are all the same, so one will do.

46zilzal
10-28-2006, 06:41 PM
And yet there YOU are, every day, a new post, fanning the flames. Like a little kid who found dooty in his pants and calls his mommy to LOOK! LOOK! LOOK what I found?

Look in a mirror and you see where it comes from.
Then read some of Hcaps or Ljbs posts. Or one of 46s - they are all the same, so one will do.
but there are SO MANY opportunites to show what TURDS these guys are we just can't pass it up.

"Laura and I don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until we get an objective analysis"; "My education message will resignate amongst all parents"; "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family"; and "I want a foreign-handed foreign policy"

JustRalph
10-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Huh ??? :bang: :bang: :bang:

the spread of Liberalism

Tom
10-29-2006, 12:22 AM
the spread of Liberalism

A-MEN!

Lefty
10-29-2006, 01:04 AM
What's the big deal folks ? This is not the first time the neocons have used fiction to sway the public. You all remember:
WMDs and Mushroom shaped clouds.
How about Mission Accomplished or perhaps Bring it on !
My current favorite is.
I was for "stay the course" before I was against "stay the course."
But I will agree this is the first time they have used old fiction. :lol:
The liberal line and nothing but the liberal line, so help me...uh,oh.

hcap
10-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Jim Webb's books that Republican Senator George Allen thinks is vulgar and inappropriate reading is actually on the recommended books list for the US Marine Corps.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6550/107/400/webbbookmmarines.jpg

Not only that, but the Commandant of the US Marine Corps put Webb's book on the Corps' "official reading list."

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6550/107/400/commandantwebb.jpg

luv_america
10-29-2006, 08:48 AM
That's not really the argument. The argument is that the media went bonkers over the Allen allegations that were in the end "nothing". Comparatively, one would expect the media to after Webb the same way for what in the end is "nothing". What's being established here is that the media isn't fair.

Secretariat
10-29-2006, 09:58 AM
but there are SO MANY opportunites to show what TURDS these guys are we just can't pass it up.

"Laura and I don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until we get an objective analysis"; "My education message will resignate amongst all parents"; "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family"; and "I want a foreign-handed foreign policy"

I want to laugh at this, but it is just sad. It's like Jethro Clampett is in the WH running the country and speaking about education.

Tom
10-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Question for the group - which is more of a sign of low intellignece and immaturity - Bush's comments, made by a guy obvioulsy not in his element when public speaking, or a doctor, who suppossedly went ot college and should have some understanding who continually grabs the mis-speak and waves it like a flag to make himselve feel important?

46 - you do not have the maturity for a 5th grader. You must intuitively feel how insignificant your life is to keep posting the crap you do day in day out.

Curly Howard was a genius compared to you.

Do you hang around emergeny rooms and make fun of accident victims?

PlanB
10-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Can I dutch my selection?

46zilzal
10-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Ask me if I give a good G.D. It is a load of fun to REPEATEDLY prove that the King (and that is what he really thinks he is) is NAKED. I never thought I would see the day that a prez would be worse than Nixon. This CLOWN has beaten him by a country mile as being a total incompetent.

He embodies Goethe's great comment "There is nothing more dangerous than ignorance in action." Doesn't have a clue and then even when the evidence is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, his ego will not let him accept reality. That is the definition of a fool. I think of him constantly wearing the pointed hat of a court jesture with his incompetent attempts at communication. Even when the speeches are WRITTEN for this idiot, he does not have the brain cells to be able to "wing it" when conditions change.

History will record this incompetent with the ranking he so richly deserves: near the bottom of the barrel.

46zilzal
10-29-2006, 11:22 AM
another good one.
PETER BAKER (Washington Post): When you first ran for President, sir, you talked about the importance of accountability. We learned from Bob Woodward's recent book that Secretary Card, on two occasions, suggested that you replace Secretary Rumsfeld, and both times you said no. Given that the war in Iraq is not going as well as you want, and given that you're not satisfied as you just told us today, why hasn't anybody been held accountable? Should somebody be held accountable?
DUBYA: Peter, you're asking me why I believe Secretary Rumsfeld is doing a good job, I think, if I might decipher through the Washington code.
-- White House, Oct. 25, 2006

Lefty
10-29-2006, 11:41 AM
46, fine, you want to go to literature let's go. You remind me of Capt Ahab and thewhale. One man obsessed. So in future you remind me of
MOBY's DICK.

46zilzal
10-29-2006, 11:53 AM
46, fine, you want to go to literature let's go. You remind me of Capt Ahab and thewhale. One man obsessed. So in future you remind me of
MOBY's DICK.
If I have any obsession, it is exposing fools. We had one in my class in medical school. In our first anatomy lab, after the instructor stated "Each test will be 25% of your grade" He responded:"Well how many tests are we going to have then?" A graduate of Ohio State, he had to have something going for him, but as the years went on, we all warned professors and prospective patients of the guy's INCOMPETENCE. We were right. Today he has several major malpractice suits against him and has had his license revoked in 31 different states.

Exposing fools is a lifelong mission.

twindouble
10-29-2006, 12:04 PM
another good one.
PETER BAKER (Washington Post): When you first ran for President, sir, you talked about the importance of accountability. We learned from Bob Woodward's recent book that Secretary Card, on two occasions, suggested that you replace Secretary Rumsfeld, and both times you said no. Given that the war in Iraq is not going as well as you want, and given that you're not satisfied as you just told us today, why hasn't anybody been held accountable? Should somebody be held accountable?
DUBYA: Peter, you're asking me why I believe Secretary Rumsfeld is doing a good job, I think, if I might decipher through the Washington code.

I think Rumsfeld should be wearing the badge of honor just for taking the dam job and hanging in for so long. Having to deal with those huge bureaucracies, the egos, those protecting their jobs, "their own asses" along with the built in dirty politics, who's getting promoted, who gets the contracts, pandering to all those A. Hole's in Congress. The guys got a big ass trying to change things, plus having to deal with a media that want's to hang him.

Now who the heck would you all recommend that would do a better in a job that "sucks" to no end.

T.D.

46zilzal
10-29-2006, 12:11 PM
goes along with corporate thinking akin to the Peter Principle: in a heirarchy people rise to their own level of incompetence.

Lefty
10-29-2006, 12:11 PM
46moby;s dick, you only exposeyourselfwhen you post constant negative opinion of the Pres and don't get ito any specifics except bto make fun of his rhetoric. The man's not an orator, comnceded. But he's been more right than wrong in his actions. Tax cuts keep the economy humming through all the disasters we've been through by nature and man in these 6 yrs. We finally have a Pres willing to confront the enemy and not just talk and talk while they plan plan and plan.
I don't doubt you did have an idiot in your class.

Lefty
10-29-2006, 12:13 PM
I think Rumsfeld should be wearing the badge of honor just for taking the dam job and hanging in for so long. Having to deal with those huge bureaucracies, the egos, those protecting their jobs, "their own asses" along with the built in dirty politics, who's getting promoted, who gets the contracts, pandering to all those A. Hole's in Congress. The guys got a big ass trying to change things, plus having to deal with a media that want's to hang him.

Now who the heck would you all recommend that would do a better in a job that "sucks" to no end.

T.D.

And every damn "monday morning quaterback" in friggin world.

Tom
10-29-2006, 12:44 PM
I have no doubt inmy mind things would be better in both Afghanistand and Iraq, and a lot less people dead today ifnot for Dumsfeld. He is a military idoit, a piss poor leader, an egotistical, and a lying SOS.

His place is in Baghdad, working, drivnig to worlk everyday, past the IED's, leding the troops at the front. Then we would see how "great" this were going.

I want this SOB tied ala Nuemburg when this is over.

Secretariat
10-29-2006, 01:19 PM

T.D.

Colin Powell, Wesley Clarke, General Batiste, and many many more. THere's two Repubs and a Dem. Rumsfeld has been a complete disaster. A badge of dishonor is what he shoudl be awarded.

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2006, 11:11 PM
another good one.

What do you mean, another good one? I thought that was a snappy little turnaround by Bush there....are you trying to say that those words you highlighted in bold are meant to show another instance of him being an idiot?

46, you on occasion (on this board), have had a difficult time grasping some common words and phrases in the English language, so perhaps Bush's little twist flew over your head. If so, I'll elaborate:

The reporter asks him why anyone hasn't been held accountable for Iraq (in this specific instance, Rumsfeld). Bush HASN'T fired Rumsfeld, THUS one can CONCLUDE that Bush must think Rumsfeld is doing a good job.

ERGO, Bush comes back at Peter Baker with his (in my opinion), snappy little retort.

Get it now?

Here's some advice for the future.....when you post something meant to insult the President, make sure semi-intelligent people will actually see it as an insult.

46zilzal
10-29-2006, 11:15 PM
the entire thing is not there: reporter asked about accountability and the rutabaga mentions his doing a good job.

PaceAdvantage
10-30-2006, 12:38 AM
the entire thing is not there: reporter asked about accountability and the rutabaga mentions his doing a good job.

You still don't get it....do you?

If I'm off base here, will somebody else step in and explain it to me? Like I said, I'm only semi-intelligent.

46zilzal
10-30-2006, 01:03 AM
language is open to interpretation, pure and simple

Secretariat
10-30-2006, 01:04 AM
It would be nice for a change to have a US Senator who actually has a son fighting in Iraq.

"Since 2003, President Bush has laid out nine different plans for victory in Iraq, none of them serious and none of them workable. And most seriously, this incompetence has hindered our ability to fight international terror," said the Democratic candidate for Senate in Virginia, Jim Webb. A decorated Vietnam combat veteran whose son is on active duty in Iraq, Webb was selected to speak for his party in delivering the weekly radio response to Bush. "

Lefty
10-30-2006, 01:23 AM
[QUOTE=Secretariat]It would be nice for a change to have a US Senator who actually has a son fighting in Iraq.

"Since 2003, President Bush has laid out nine different plans for victory in Iraq, none of them serious and none of them workable. And most seriously, this incompetence has hindered our ability to fight international terror," said the Democratic candidate for Senate in Virginia, Jim Webb. A decorated Vietnam combat veteran whose son is on active duty in Iraq, Webb was selected to speak for his party in delivering the weekly radio response to Bush. "[/QUOT

Yeah, but a senator votes issues and Webb, Patriot that he is, is a dem and they don't have the same ideas that i do. So hoping Allen wins. There ya go.
If combat so important to you, did you vote for Dole over Clinton? I doubt it.
And what's Webb's great plan For Iraq?

Secretariat
10-30-2006, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Secretariat]It would be nice for a change to have a US Senator who actually has a son fighting in Iraq.

"Since 2003, President Bush has laid out nine different plans for victory in Iraq, none of them serious and none of them workable. And most seriously, this incompetence has hindered our ability to fight international terror," said the Democratic candidate for Senate in Virginia, Jim Webb. A decorated Vietnam combat veteran whose son is on active duty in Iraq, Webb was selected to speak for his party in delivering the weekly radio response to Bush. "[/QUOT

Yeah, but a senator votes issues and Webb, Patriot that he is, is a dem and they don't have the same ideas that i do. So hoping Allen wins. There ya go.
If combat so important to you, did you vote for Dole over Clinton? I doubt it.
And what's Webb's great plan For Iraq?

As a matter of fact I did vote for Dole over Clinton. I've stated that many times. Have you ever voted along non-party lines?

You can read Webb's postion on Iraq yourself.

http://www.webbforsenate.com/issues/issues.php

Lefty
10-30-2006, 11:36 AM
sec, good for you. Also I read in one of your posts you served in Vietnam. I want to thank you for your service there. That was a very tough situation as I know several Vietnam vets.
Voted against the Repub Gov last time cause he raised ourtaxes. I voted for the Dem but the Dem party didn't really back him.
Mostly I vote for Repub because of ideology. Tax cuts, Pro-life etc. They are more closely attuned to my beliefs and you prob vote for dems cause they're more closely attuned to your beliefs.
Again with the links.
Couldn't you just give me a summary? Sigh...

TRUEFREEDOM
10-30-2006, 09:02 PM
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200610/POL20061027c.html

boy's penis in father's mouth....defended by the writer

says it's not a sexual act.....this is one sick SOB !

Dave,
Brace yourself. As a retired Det. NYPD who specialized in child abuse cases. A few years ago I was appauled, as were many of my colleagues, when a judge in the bronx(NY) threw out an abuse case because the prosecution was unable to prove "sexual gratification". Now to be fair I don't recall what he charge was (Rape or Sodomy). But when an adult rapes or sodomizes a defenseless child how is it that it isnt a crime unless the animal that perpetrated the act "got off".

JustRalph
10-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Dave,
Brace yourself. As a retired Det. NYPD who specialized in child abuse cases. A few years ago I was appauled, as were many of my colleagues, when a judge in the bronx(NY) threw out an abuse case because the prosecution was unable to prove "sexual gratification". Now to be fair I don't recall what he charge was (Rape or Sodomy). But when an adult rapes or sodomizes a defenseless child how is it that it isnt a crime unless the animal that perpetrated the act "got off".

what kind of crap is that? Don't tell me, the boys in albany wrote the code with words like "resulting in sexual gratification" or "to elicit sexual arousal or gratification" ? Or maybe.......... with "the intent of completing a sex act" sounds like the idiots who write the laws in Ohio........... am I right?

TRUEFREEDOM
10-30-2006, 11:03 PM
what kind of crap is that? Don't tell me, the boys in albany wrote the code with words like "resulting in sexual gratification" or "to elicit sexual arousal or gratification" ? Or maybe.......... with "the intent of completing a sex act" sounds like the idiots who write the laws in Ohio........... am I right?

text taken from teh web. NYS Penal Law Article 130 - Sexual Offenses

3. "Sexual contact" means any touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a person not married to the actor for the purpose of gratifying sexual desire of either party. It includes the touching of the actor by the victim, as well as the touching of the victim by the actor, whether directly or through clothing.

ny3(a)- (http://wings.buffalo.edu/law/bclc/web/NewYork/ny3(a)(1)-.htm)

Secretariat
10-30-2006, 11:11 PM
sec, good for you. Also I read in one of your posts you served in Vietnam. I want to thank you for your service there. That was a very tough situation as I know several Vietnam vets.
Voted against the Repub Gov last time cause he raised ourtaxes. I voted for the Dem but the Dem party didn't really back him.
Mostly I vote for Repub because of ideology. Tax cuts, Pro-life etc. They are more closely attuned to my beliefs and you prob vote for dems cause they're more closely attuned to your beliefs.
Again with the links.
Couldn't you just give me a summary? Sigh...

Sorry for getting on your case Lefty. You'd be surprised on some of my stances. I was very supportive of Dole's push for the WW II memorial. I've been there and it is very impressive, but not nearly the old men who came there to visit it. I imagined how young they were when they fought, and some of them cried like babies. Was quite moving.

We're not so different in some regards. I am very big on veterans's benefits, and improving VA healthcare. I struggle on abortion issues. I guess you could say I am pro-choice in situations of rape, incest, and the life of the mother. Problem is that Repubs want it all or nothing and so since I can't compromise on those three, then I am labeled fully pro-choice. I am also in favor of abortion for serious fetal injuries or disease. This also creates problems. I am willing to support abortion foes on third trimester abortions, but there seems to be no compromise in this. Personally, I think if a federal abortion act for rape, incest, life of the mother, and serious illness or disease was implemented ,then I could accept states rights on abortion on other categories, but that won't happen. THis is the big problem with Repubs to me. It's either you're with us or against us with no real compromise.

I was in favor of GW's No Child Left Behind, but somethings wrong as we're drifitng backwards educationally among industrial nations. I beleive in the right to own guns, and don't think it need be a big issue, although something has to be done on increasing crime.

But I draw the line on expanding democracies through miltiary force, and his ignoring the environment, and the fact he is in the energy lobby's pocket. I find he divides the country and has got to go. There are Repubs I could possibly vote for in 2008 - McCain, Hagel, even possibly Powell, but I view the current adminstration as extremist.

As to tax cuts, I just beleive tax cuts with massive deficts is an illusion. We've got a nationa ldebt out of sight. I am in favor of a Balanced Budget Amendment and I was in favor for moderate middle class tax cuts, but not for the wealthy. We've got to pay our bills, not foist them on future generations. it's irresponsible.

Lefty
10-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Sec, yes, we do agree on some things. I won't go into your post any further as you already know where i stand on the issues. Lots of Dems want great things for the country but we just disagree on the methods. But that does not include the current dem leadership, as i firmly blve they just want power.
So guess we can disagree, it's allowed.