PDA

View Full Version : Don't be surprised if NYRA cancels Saturday...

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2006, 06:02 PM
2-3 inches of rain predicted through early Saturday afternoon + 30mph winds with gusts close to 60mph.....

Good luck!

NY BRED
10-27-2006, 07:47 PM
with those possibilities of high gusts, no doubt about it

double whammy considering the serious problem at mth which could
easily cause club med to close as well

The Hawk
10-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Philly too. The storm has made it's way to MNR and it seems to be raining pretty good.

The Hawk
10-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Aqueduct is cancelled today, due to the weather. No word on the others in the area yet.

PlanB
10-28-2006, 10:42 AM
:bang: where's the Crying Like a Baby symbol when I need one. I got up
very early to scope out 4 AQU races............... ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

Tom
10-28-2006, 10:57 AM
:bang: where's the Crying Like a Baby symbol when I need one. I got up
very early to scope out 4 AQU races............... ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

pssssst........FINGER LAKES

Only difference between FL and AQU is that we have less state bred races! :lol:

cj
10-28-2006, 10:59 AM
pssssst........FINGER LAKES

Only difference between FL and AQU is that we have less state bred races! :lol:

Tom,

Hush, we don't need too many people using my figs playing the Thumb!

Oh wait, nevermind, PlanB doesn't use them, my bad. :lol: :lol:
(sorry, couldn't resist Derek)

Murph
10-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Thorostats record for FL wet tracks over the past 90 days

Top 2 Class selections in all wet sprints:
class 60 32 53% $5.23 $314 $240 $74 30%

Top Power and connections rating in all wet routes:
power 29 11 37% $2.23 $65 $58 $7 10%
connection 29 12 41% $2.47 $72 $58 $14 22%

There is currently NO CHARGE for Thorostats (http://www.thorostats.com/) selections. They are quite useful
at most tracks. We do not care how much you wager on the selections. Try
thorostats selections and ratings today!

Murph

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2006, 12:27 PM
For what it's worth, it stopped raining here at least one hour ago....

Ron
10-28-2006, 12:28 PM
I think that they made the decision yesterday.

jballscalls
10-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Suffolk is cancelled as well.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Hawthorne has a Pick 6 Carryover today of just over $86,000. (A rarity for us.)

We are, however, off the turf again today.

A shameless plug for my home circuit today.

cj
10-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Hawthorne has a Pick 6 Carryover today of just over $86,000. (A rarity for us.)

We are, however, off the turf again today.

A shameless plug for my home circuit today.

Will all the jocks be trying today? ;)

Steve 'StatMan'
10-28-2006, 02:46 PM

Yeah! LOL!

The good news is, Ferrer isn't 'riding'.

The question now: who 'is'? ;)

Are all the jockeys trying? Why yes, very trying indeed! :lol:

BillW
10-28-2006, 02:52 PM
My handicapping strategy:

Step 1: Identify the vulnerable favorites
Step 2: Identify the disinterested favorites

:lol:

Tom
10-28-2006, 02:52 PM
I hate days like this when tracks cancel - it just gives the talking heads at TVG and HRTV more time to sit there and yak about nothing.
Did it ever occurr to these guys to shut up let the races be the show? Most of the time, they are yaking about things totally unreleated to the race at hand. Ant HRTV shows races tapes - pre-empted by mindless chatter.
What a waste of a racing channel.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-28-2006, 02:59 PM
it just gives the talking heads at TVG and HRTV more time to sit there and yak about nothing.

Maybe they should show Seinfeld reruns. :rolleyes:

(An entertaining show about 'nothing'.)

The Hawk
10-28-2006, 05:54 PM

Hilarious post.

For what it's worth, it stopped raining here at least one hour ago....

No doubt, though, PA, that it was the right call, given the forecast.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Since I mentioned the Hawthorne Pick 6 in this thread as a tounge-in-check alternative to AQU (I'd picked the card, but it rained out), so I'll my followup in here.

I did decide to bet it today, despite that in the recent past I wasn't bankrolled well enough to handle the losing streaks, combined with trying to bet the other pools and multiple tracks. So despite mostly swearing the Pick 6 off, I bet it anyway.

A few of the races handicapped out OK for me, but still hinted at 2 couple horses or more per race that could do it, and either win it, or foil it, depending on how one went.

I decided, based on our jokes and recent events on our riders, etc. that I would mainly use the ones that better handicapped out, plus use the ones which had the more successful riders, barns and stables, etc. Put in a $384 ticket ($2 combos), bet them also in $2 and $1 rolling pick 3's, and went and took a much needed nap this afternoon.

Just checked a few minutes ago, the Pick 6 was hit, and I was one of the multiple winners! Most of the races ended up being the heavy favorites, but the last race winner (where I'd gone 3 deep) paid $21.60, and the $2 Pick 6 paid $4,823.00. Not a whopper, or course, although it is my new personal top mutual payoff. Not quite my most profitable betting day, just missing by a couple hunderd.

Probably could have bet the thing more efficiently, given the favorites winning 5 of the 6 legs, but if some others might have done it (I haven't reviewed the races yet) I was eligible for more. Plus the money back to me, plus probably being back to even or a little ahead lifetime on the Pick 6 sure works for me!

Wow! For once, I didn't get overly distracted and did something right, in a semi-big way (and just under the witholding threshold). Yay!

JustRalph
10-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Nice Job Steve!

TRM
10-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Nice going Steve!!! :jump:

Stevie Belmont
10-29-2006, 02:27 AM
Since I mentioned the Hawthorne Pick 6 in this thread as a tounge-in-check alternative to AQU (I'd picked the card, but it rained out), so I'll my followup in here.

I did decide to bet it today, despite that in the recent past I wasn't bankrolled well enough to handle the losing streaks, combined with trying to bet the other pools and multiple tracks. So despite mostly swearing the Pick 6 off, I bet it anyway.

A few of the races handicapped out OK for me, but still hinted at 2 couple horses or more per race that could do it, and either win it, or foil it, depending on how one went.

I decided, based on our jokes and recent events on our riders, etc. that I would mainly use the ones that better handicapped out, plus use the ones which had the more successful riders, barns and stables, etc. Put in a $384 ticket ($2 combos), bet them also in $2 and $1 rolling pick 3's, and went and took a much needed nap this afternoon.

Just checked a few minutes ago, the Pick 6 was hit, and I was one of the multiple winners! Most of the races ended up being the heavy favorites, but the last race winner (where I'd gone 3 deep) paid $21.60, and the $2 Pick 6 paid $4,823.00. Not a whopper, or course, although it is my new personal top mutual payoff. Not quite my most profitable betting day, just missing by a couple hunderd.

Probably could have bet the thing more efficiently, given the favorites winning 5 of the 6 legs, but if some others might have done it (I haven't reviewed the races yet) I was eligible for more. Plus the money back to me, plus probably being back to even or a little ahead lifetime on the Pick 6 sure works for me!

Wow! For once, I didn't get overly distracted and did something right, in a semi-big way (and just under the witholding threshold). Yay!

Nice hit man, but did you post your picks anywhere? Because if you didn't this might be the biggest redboards in the history of the internet. Close anyway.

santanajimi
10-29-2006, 07:49 AM
I would doubt the Statman is redboarding for 5 dead dimes....nice hit though Mr Statman. Your story sounds Kosher to me.....

Steve 'StatMan'
10-29-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks Guys! Was YouBetting from home:

10/28/06 HAW 4 $384 Pick-6 1,5 / 2,3 / 3,11 / 9,10 / 1-4 / 3,7,9 ------ $4,823.00

After making my humorous plea for folks to bet Hawthorne, I figure I'd might tell about the nice ending for me. Maybe some others might have been inspired as well.

Have my green bullets back so I can feel better about trying to get a bigger one someday. Thrilled, but yes, will try not to damage a man-nipple thumping my chest like a nucklehead! :D

Tom
10-29-2006, 10:24 AM
Nice hit man, but did you post your picks anywhere? Because if you didn't this might be the biggest redboards in the history of the internet. Close anyway.

No problem when it someone trusted and known here. Steve is one of the good guys.