PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 8

Valuist
10-27-2006, 11:50 AM
last week 2-3 overall 9-8

TENN -3 class dropdown for Titans after 2 solid road performances. Houston, clearly a bad team, is coming off a rare win at home and now hit the road. Letdown likely.

DENVER -2 1/2 still not completely sold on this Colts team. Think they are a different team away from the dome and Denver has been tremendous defensively this year.

SAL
10-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Denver -2.5 vs Indy-I don’t think any NFL bettor thinks that Indy will go 16-0 this season. This is the spot for them to suffer their first loss. An already soft Indy defense has lost starting SS Mike Doss AND starting DT Montae Reagor. Denver’s defense has been the NFL’s stingiest this year, allowing 44 points. This will be their toughest test so far, but I like their chances of stopping Indy in the outdoors and at high altitude. We might see Shanahan open it up a little here also, as Javon Walker had 9 catches vs Cleveland last week. Also, Indy is 0-39-1 in their last 40 straight up losses, so don’t expect a cover by Indy if they do lose.

St. Louis +9.5 vs San Diego-The Rams have not been playing poorly enough to warrant this inflated line. St. Louis has been pretty much been in every game they’ve played in this year, never really falling way behind any team. The Chargers defense has been yielding more points in each succeeding game and now have lost their second starting LB this season. The Rams offense has been decent this year, ranking 9th in points scored. Look for them to keep within the generous number here.

Cincinnati -3.5 vs Atlanta-The Falcons go on the road after 3 straight home games in the dome. They have to hit the road after a rollercoaster OT win vs the Steelers, not the best situation. The Bengals offense was stifled last week vs Carolina until they went no huddle and came from behind to win. Look for more of the same vs Atlanta, who will be without John Abraham and Rod Coleman. Atlanta has not done well on the road after a home win as a dog, and as a dog on the road after a home win in OT. Look for them to come to earth here.

Dallas +6 vs Carolina-Wow, lots of people must have been watching Monday nite to drive the spread up this high. Though Romo threw some picks in relief for Bledsoe, that was to be expected with a QB taking his first NFL snaps. Now that Romo is named the starter and will take snaps with the first stringers this week, you would think he will be more prepared. His mobility will mean a different look for the offense that Carolina will have to adjust to. Add to the fact that Carolina is 4-14 ATS as home chalk of 3 or more points makes this play more enticing.

SF +16 vs Chicago-The Bears offense stunk up the joint in the Monday night comeback win, and Grossman had better overcome his bad mechanics if they are to cover this inflated spread. SF lost a crazy game last year to Chicago last year by 8 points, a game that had a field goal attempt returned for a TD. The Niners have indicated that they are changing their defensive scheme. While that may not stop the bleeding, at least it’s a step in the right direction.

Last week 3-2 Season 12-7-2

Bubbles
10-28-2006, 08:20 PM
One game jumps out at me this week. I like the Jets +2 over Cleveland. Not so much because the Jets are a formidable team, but just because Cleveland should not be favored over ANYBODY! Their offense could not score on a pee-wee team, why are they FAVORED over a contender? I get that home field is worth three points or so, but if this was at the Meadowlands, could anyone honestly say the Jets would only be -4?

ghostyapper
10-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Jags/Eagles over 40

Rams +9.5

Ravens +1.5

Chiefs -4

Valuist
10-29-2006, 03:47 PM
adding one total: Jets/Browns UNDER 37 1/2