PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer 1st Race Follies Tonight

hbeck
10-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Ugh!

First the 7's Jockey, Stokes, backs out right after he is loaded into the gate.

Then the new Jockey, Velez, arrives on the 7 back on the gate 7 mins later.

Finally they are all back in the gate and the 7 flips, jockey jumps off beforehand. 7 is scratched.

While they are returning the 7 to the paddock/stable, the 9 breaks loose and takes a lap or two around the track.

When all is said and done, the race goes off 20 minutes late and the 9, the loose FTS who should have been scratched, wins, paying $104.80.

hbeck
10-23-2006, 07:29 PM
And just so there is no misconception, yes, I did have $ on the race, on the 5, another FTS who showed some good works at GLD but wasn't a michigan bred.

shanta
10-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Let's add the " Mad Bomber" to the chaos.

This is the fellow for the past few weeks who sends in a 4-5 thousand dollar win bet on a horse and causes wild odds on the others. Btw he isn't doing so hot overall so he musn't be one of the ones " in the know" there.

Yet he continues to fire away. Bless his (her) heart :)

Rich

JustRalph
10-23-2006, 08:37 PM
While they are returning the 7 to the paddock/stable, the 9 breaks loose and takes a lap or two around the track.

When all is said and done, the race goes off 20 minutes late and the 9, the loose FTS who should have been scratched, wins, paying $104.80.

You have got to be kidding........... amazing..........what was the distance? I hope it was a sprint

hbeck
10-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes, 6F.

ryesteve
10-24-2006, 08:43 AM
I can't believe they let a horse run loose for two laps of the track without scratching it...

ponyplayerdotca
10-24-2006, 10:33 AM
Yup, they sure did let the 9 run around the track twice before loading back into the gate to run.

I'm no genius, but what are the chances the test comes back bad?

He must have been hopped up :jump: on more than just good ol' lasix to run like that pre-race, then win an extended stretch duel, THEN gallop out back to the winner's circle like he wanted to go again.

kenwoodallpromos
10-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Yup, they sure did let the 9 run around the track twice before loading back into the gate to run.

I'm no genius, but what are the chances the test comes back bad?

He must have been hopped up :jump: on more than just good ol' lasix to run like that pre-race, then win an extended stretch duel, THEN gallop out back to the winner's circle like he wanted to go again.
What was his loose lap time? Was it at speed?

Peter Berry
10-24-2006, 03:47 PM
The horse in question ran HALF a lap at little more than a canter.

Zaf
10-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Nothing like a 5F work 5 minutes before the race :cool: :lol:

Z

hbeck
10-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Peter,

I apologize for saying he ran a lap or two- I didn't hear anything on my feed nor was any camera ever following the horse and showing its progress.

Peter Berry
10-24-2006, 07:19 PM
No worries at all. I always try to keep a close eye on the renegade horses. This one was just loping along and having a great ol' time.

JustRalph
10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
No worries at all. I always try to keep a close eye on the renegade horses. This one was just loping along and having a great ol' time.

You should have sprang from your perch and grappled him into submission! Therefore saving him from himself and the rest of us from his charade of uncontrollability.

I wonder how many guys canceled their tickets on him.......now that would be fun to know.............

pic6vic
10-25-2006, 11:08 AM
For those of you that don't know, Peter Berry is the track annoucer at MNR and does a great job. Along with Mark and Nancy on the internet show. I have been hooked on MNR for 2 years now and I am a confirmed So Cal horse player. Took a little time to get usedto the class levels. That said the race was a strange one with the 9 winning. I did not watch the pool so I cannot say how much if any was taken off the winner.

Milleruszk
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
For those of you that don't know, Peter Berry is the track annoucer at MNR and does a great job. Along with Mark and Nancy on the internet show. I have been hooked on MNR for 2 years now and I am a confirmed So Cal horse player. Took a little time to get usedto the class levels. That said the race was a strange one with the 9 winning. I did not watch the pool so I cannot say how much if any was taken off the winner.

Pic6vic,

As a NY player, it also took me some time to get used to the class levels at the Mountain.
The internet show show from Mountaineer is the best I have heard. Informative and entertaining. The show is what got me interested in playing Mountaineer. Mark and Nancy do one hell of a job. I also feel that Peter Berry does not receive the credit he deserves as one of the better race callers in the game.

ponyplayerdotca
10-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Well put. I've been watching online since 2003. I remember the previous race caller (but not his name). I remember when Peter came aboard. Transition was seemless. Peter does excellent work when calling races. Makes you feel apart of the action and gets your blood pumping if you're in contention down the lane.

Mark and Nancy have done great work and continue to do so. Their simulcast formula should be the standard by which all other tracks in-house commentary adhere too. They don't put on an act for the camera like many on TV do. They are being themselves, and they know more about the sport than anyone else I've seen on other shows. You learn so much thanks to them both.

And because MNR is 99.9% night racing (WV Derby day card), you can enjoy it after dinner for some entertainment.

Now if only the "mad bomber" mystery could be solved! Keep on rockin' Mountaineer.:ThmbUp:

Nicole
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
The "Mark & Nancy" simulcast show is top notch and has really helped me with my own handicapping of Mountaineer. It's the only track I actually turn ON the volume.

JustRalph
10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
The "Mark & Nancy" simulcast show is top notch and has really helped me with my own handicapping of Mountaineer. It's the only track I actually turn ON the volume.

now that may be the ultimate compliment.............

rrpic6
10-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Well put. I've been watching online since 2003. I remember the previous race caller (but not his name).

Jim Dolan was the voice of Waterford Park/Mountaineer. Who could forget, "in front", "heads apart for the lead", "to show the way". HRTV guys loved to introduce his races. A little toungue in cheek, but mostly would make fun of him.

mountainman
11-08-2006, 12:18 PM
thanks guys. nancy and i do our best, and it's good to know the show is popular.

njcurveball
11-08-2006, 04:03 PM

I agree 100%. I will take a thorough analysis of each horses chances over the usual I pick the favorite show.

Keep up the good work Mark!

twindouble
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM
thanks guys. nancy and i do our best, and it's good to know the show is popular.

I for one think the race calling is a class act and many times I'll go back to form and check out what's being said on your show. That move paid off more than once. I would love to see Mountaineer have a super in all races and a pick 6. Any shot of that happening soon?

Keep up the good work, to think at one time most were saying your track was unplayble. Not here that I know of but other forums.

Regards,

T.D.

Sly7449
11-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Greetings,

In reference to the MNR show with Mark and Nancy.

Good job by them both but I wonder how Mark keeps getting away with his comments to Nancy.

It appears that Nancy likes the comments however they should be made to her "OFF THE AIR". In Private.

Yeah it's funny but wrong place and wrong time.

Mark needs to Focus on the task at hand and leave out the after party fantasies.

Cutting edge towards Professionalism.

L8R

Sly

Buddha
11-09-2006, 12:06 AM
I would love to see Mountaineer have a super in all races and a pick 6. Any shot of that happening soon?

I would like to see some Pick 4s or rolling Pick 3s. I dont think that a pick 6 would get enough handle to make it worthwhile

Nicole
11-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Greetings,

In reference to the MNR show with Mark and Nancy.

Good job by them both but I wonder how Mark keeps getting away with his comments to Nancy.

It appears that Nancy likes the comments however they should be made to her "OFF THE AIR". In Private.

Yeah it's funny but wrong place and wrong time.

Mark needs to Focus on the task at hand and leave out the after party fantasies.

Cutting edge towards Professionalism.

L8R

Sly

He obviously gets away with it because he is "cutting edge", and the fact that the show is popular because of him. I'm not interested in watching another BORING analyst.

Mark, thanks for the $38.00 winner Tuesday night. You were all over this horse, and I definitely overlooked it. Made my night profitable.

Again, great show. There's always going to be a few "sour grapes".

Nicole
11-09-2006, 11:19 AM
I would like to see some Pick 4s or rolling Pick 3s. I dont think that a pick 6 would get enough handle to make it worthwhile

I would love to see rolling pick 3's and more supers.

twindouble
11-09-2006, 12:18 PM

Yes, on the rolling pick 3's. On the pick 6 why wouldn't the handle be good? Yesterday their total mutuel pool was, $1,669,280.00.

T.D.

Nicole
11-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Think it would help if we sent emails requesting rolling pick 3's, superfecta's and possibly a pick 4. Ohio has them and their handle's not even close.

njcurveball
11-09-2006, 01:13 PM
I am curious if the people requesting rolling pick 3 and other exotics are consistent winners with these bets?

In my opinion, the rolling pick 3 can bankrupt a good handicapper. Why? Because you can have the exact order finish in 4 races and still not cash if the race in between is a loss.

For people who like to spread, there may be a race or two each night where you can toss the favorite confidently. But then why not hit the Exacta or Trifecta?

So many people today are going for the "pot of gold". If you are a good handicapper, a steady diet of these exotics will break you. That is why the pools for pic 3s and pic 4s are so much lower than exactas and trifectas.

I really cannot see Mountaineer doing better in handle by adding more of these. If you look at the Breeders Cup as an example. The first BC race had the following totals bet:

Exacta, 2.2 million, Trifecta 2.2 million, Superfecta, 750,000, Pic 3 460,000.

If you look at the classic, the totals were as follows:

Exacta, 6.3 million, Trifecta 6.5 million, Superfecta, 2.7 mil, Pic 3 1.9 mil

The pick 4 was 2.9 million and the pick 6 was 4.8 million.

twindouble
11-09-2006, 01:32 PM
I am curious if the people requesting rolling pick 3 and other exotics are consistent winners with these bets?

In my opinion, the rolling pick 3 can bankrupt a good handicapper. Why? Because you can have the exact order finish in 4 races and still not cash if the race in between is a loss.

For people who like to spread, there may be a race or two each night where you can toss the favorite confidently. But then why not hit the Exacta or Trifecta?

So many people today are going for the "pot of gold". If you are a good handicapper, a steady diet of these exotics will break you. That is why the pools for pic 3s and pic 4s are so much lower than exactas and trifectas.

I really cannot see Mountaineer doing better in handle by adding more of these. If you look at the Breeders Cup as an example. The first BC race had the following totals bet:

Exacta, 2.2 million, Trifecta 2.2 million, Superfecta, 750,000, Pic 3 460,000.

If you look at the classic, the totals were as follows:

Exacta, 6.3 million, Trifecta 6.5 million, Superfecta, 2.7 mil, Pic 3 1.9 mil

The pick 4 was 2.9 million and the pick 6 was 4.8 million.

We are requesting these picks and gimmicks because we love to lose money and we just don't know any better. :bang:

Nicole
11-09-2006, 01:40 PM
We are requesting these picks and gimmicks because we love to lose money and we just don't know any better. :bang:

Yep!

rrpic6
11-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Think it would help if we sent emails requesting rolling pick 3's, superfecta's and possibly a pick 4. Ohio has them and their handle's not even close.

Good idea Nicole. I'll be down there this weekend, so I'll try to weasle my way into Rosemary's (Director of Racing) office. A buddy of mine took credit a few years ago for getting them to add the Super in the last race. He bugged Rosemary quite a bit. They only had it in the 5th.

shanta
11-14-2006, 07:12 PM
check out the conditions tonight

This joint is the best :)

Rich

Buddha
11-15-2006, 01:02 AM
On the pick 6 why wouldn't the handle be good?

I just dont think that it would work well there. You look at place like Pen, TP, RP, and they get a few hundred, maybe $1k in the pick 6 pool.