PDA

View Full Version : Information.

Suff
10-23-2006, 11:00 AM
A family member of President George Walker Bush with a history of alcohol problems, killed a Police Officer with his car 4 days ago. Despite Connecticut laws that require it, John M.Walker Jr was not tested for drugs or alcohol.

He's a first Cousin

No charges have been filed, and a long investigation is predicted.

-----------------

Editors note.

You or I would not only have been tested, charges would have been filed, and without bail money, we'd be cooling our heels in the pokey.

btw.. I suppose the Liberal Media has been flashing this story all over your local papers?. no? ....:lol: Liberal Media. That's funny.:lol:

GameTheory
10-23-2006, 11:29 AM
He is a first cousin of Bush Sr., not W. I think that makes him a "first cousin once removed". Yes, the media is generally liberal, but there is nothing much to report here. He got hit while directing traffic, and the guy that hit him (a federal judge) stopped immediately and identified himself. He probably didn't seem impaired and I think it was obvious he was just coming from the courthouse. So if the cops didn't test him for alcohol, then so what? That's their problem. There is no scandal here, and certainly has nothing to do with the president...

Suff
10-23-2006, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE]]

[QUOTE]Yes, the media is generally liberal,

No it is not. Not even remotely.

[QUOTE] but there is nothing much to report here

He got hit while directing traffic, and the guy that hit him (a federal judge) stopped immediately and identified himself.

Law says he gets tested. He was not. And by HE we mean a Decorated Police Officer.

He probably didn't seem impaired

ohh how I wish that was the parameter for the Sobriety test I failed.

and I think it was obvious he was just coming from the courthouse.

Where he could of been drinking.

So if the cops didn't test him for alcohol, then so what?

That's their problem.

And mine. I live near Connecticut, and I have a Cop Killing Drunken WASP loose on the street.

certainly has nothing to do with the president

Anything remotely bizarre to a Sitting President generally gets INK. At least when Clinton was President. They tortured Hilary Clinton's Bother in the Press.

I think because the Presidents wife also was Involved in a Homicide while committing a traffic violation it fits into something I heard Joel Olsteen say once.

You know Olsteen? He's the BIG TV preacher....staunch conservative. When JKF Jr's plane went down off Cape Cod he said that the reason so many tragic incidents befall the Kennedy's is that they are a spiritually sick family.

So it got me thinking about the Bush's and all the death and murder.

Secretariat
10-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes, the media is generally liberal, but there is nothing much to report here.

Huge myth.

1. FOX is almost a parrot of the Bush administration and defender of the GOP at all costs.

2. Most news interview shows on Meet the Press, etc generally have two to one Republicans to Democrats. And very, very rarely a true liberal. When was the last time someone like Barbara Boxer appeared on Meet the Press or Russ Feingold (who may even be a presidential candidate) or someone like Michael Moore was interviewed on national news. Katie Couric had Limbaugh on for God's sake.

The truth is most media is infotainment run by corporations who care about advertising and overall viewership. Most news stations have to cut costs dramatically in thier news divisions and don't even have permanent foreign stations for reporters anymore. Most rarely do any kind of real investigative reporting anymore. This isn't liberal media, this is cost cutting meeting, that loves covering the latest sensational event, and it's perfect if it involves in this order (a) an abduction of a child (b) a murder with a celebrity involved (c) a sex scandal (d) Michael Jackson. There is almost NO economic analysis, woefully little of what occurs in Congress, or in state legislatures across the country, almost nothing from the Supreme Court, nor in courts around the world. Almost nothing in regard to trade, and painfully weak ass questions at Presidential press conferences.

This is not liberal media, it is for the most part a conservative corporate driven media interested in keeping costs down, and focusing on domestic scandals and what is the obvious being reported everywhere. If it was a liberal media you'd be seeing a totally different group of people on the news shows, AND a totally different slant. The current media likes to portray itself as middle of the road reporting.

What is middle of the road anyway? Truly it is a minority from the left and right. The far right does not like leftist conservatives, and the far left does not like rightist liberals. In other words the middle of the road is often seen as those made up of those who would compromise many of the main principles of their party affiliation.

GameTheory
10-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Suff --
Look, you're not going to get me to agree that the media is not liberal. The idea that they don't have a liberal bias is just absurd. I can find hundreds of examples of bias every day. It is evident in practically every story I see. (And even more so in the ones I don't see because they aren't reporting them.) But since your definition of liberal is different than everyone else's, I don't even know how to discuss this with you. Let's just say they show the bias you might expect considering 90% of them vote Democrat. Whatever you want to call that bias. In any case, it ain't objective, and it ain't honest. Again, I'm talking about the NEWS media -- newspapers reporting news stories, and TV news when they are doing news. We don't need to talk about bias in the opinion media because that's what the opinion media is all about -- pushing your opinion, your bias. No one is pretending they are objective in the opinion media.

Sec --

Again, the NEWS. Not interview shows. Those are entertainment and opinion shows. And if you want to convince me that TV news sucks, I'm right there with you. (And anything you say about FOX's bias you can say the exact opposite for the other networks.) I don't think anyone should watch TV news at all -- certainly not to get news -- from any of the broadcast or cable networks, including FOX. (Unless we're in the middle of a emergency that is happening at the moment where that is the only source of info.) TV is a visual medium -- it just isn't very good at giving you facts and information. TV news is equivalent to reading a comic book version of some classic novel. TV news is good for sports and weather...

JustRalph
10-23-2006, 02:07 PM
I read an article that interviewed the Sgt. at the scene and he said from the appearance of the driver, there was no reason to test for Alcohol or drugs.

That means the guy was stone cold sober. It is pretty easy to tell. You have either been drinking or not........

I have been through this scenario and both times the driver was sober. It happens. And it doesn't matter who the guy is cousins with. You either have probable cause to test them or you don't. It really doesn't matter, judges always refuse to be tested anyway. They are smart and know the law.

ljb
10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
From Suff's original note.
"Conneticut law that requires it"
Smells like another rightwing coverup coming down. Would this one be like the Cheney incident or closer to the Foley coverup ? What do you all think ?

kenwoodallpromos
10-23-2006, 03:18 PM
How do you know he is Protestant?LOL!
Paraphrased- "Officer Dan Picagli was hit while directing traffic in the rain Tuesday night in a dimly lit section of Chapel Street.
Picagli was wearing a black rain coat and a reflective vest when he was struck."

Bala
10-23-2006, 04:14 PM
".......The truth is most media is infotainment run by corporations who care about advertising and overall viewership. That is precisely why I only watch quality TV. Jerry Springer and Maury Povich rule the air waves.

Wonder how long the investigation was for the Chappaquiddick incident. Did not seem to hurt the Kennedy clan much.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war......

FDR...
led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...
started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...
started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...
turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...
went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us....
President Bush has - liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!

For all this flaws, Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB! The Military moral is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize these facts.

linrom1
10-23-2006, 04:33 PM
The liberal media has disappeared in the '90's. Through mergers, outright corporate purchases and liberal regulations that allowed for concentrated ownership interests, liberal media has simply disappeared. What you currently have is corporate media that reports only what it deems as suitable, and kooky blogs that post mostly unquestioned ,bogus garbage and propaganda. We're living in information vacuum despite technology that should allow for it exchange.

Secretariat
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
FDR...
led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Well, your research into history is a bit flawed here. When Japan attacked Pearl Harbor we declared war on Japan, and Germany declared war on us within a day. Would you have had FDR wait idly be after Germany declared war on us first?

Truman...
started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

Again, you're wrong. Truman did not START one.

"By 1950 the North Koreans enjoyed substantial advantages over the South in every category of equipment. After another visit by Kim to Moscow in March–April 1950, Stalin approved an invasion."

"In the pre-dawn hours of Sunday June 25, 1950, the North Korean army struck across the 38th parallel behind an artillery barrage.[4] The North Korean army was equipped by the Soviets with 150 T-34 tanks. It began the war with about 180 Russian aircraft, including 40 YAK fighters and 70 attack bombers."

[/QUOTE]

Not going to bother addressing all the other inaccuracies except to say I do agree that Johnson escalated the war and has that on his legacy based on a flawed Gulf of Tonkin lie...much like the WMD argument in Iraq.

Suff
10-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Suff --
[QUOTE]
Look, you're not going to get me to agree that the media is not liberal. The idea that they don't have a liberal bias is just absurd.

Why would General Electric be Liberal? Why does Merck buy big blocks of Meet The Press?

Mainstream media is not Liberal. It's bias is severely republican, and more specifically Corporate. It relies on the talking Point of "Liberal Bias" to perpetrate the fraud. People parrot that, but have no sense of its meaning. Corporate influence of media can be seen, not in what they cover, or how they cover it, but in what they DO NOT COVER.

That it is fact. That fact is driven by economics and ideology.

About the only reason I have ever seen given that Mainstream Media is Biased is that the players... the producers, the editors, the journalist's identify themselves as Democrats, or even Liberals. I can't imagine the DISNEY corporation (ABC) allowing employees to function in direct opposition to the Board of directors. Can you?

Liberal TV I know. Because I watch it. I have it on my TV.

Its

Democracy Now

http://www.democracynow.org/

and

Free Speech TV

http://www.freespeech.org/fscm2/genx.php?name=home

That is Liberal Media, and I assure you, CNN, CBS, or any other mainstream media is nothing like it.

I have them both on my cable set up , and watch them 3-5 days a week.

mainstream media is not Liberal, has no significant liberal bias, and is a free market instrument of the corporations. Period.

But More important, I am not trying to convince you of that. I am stating it. You are free to believe whatever you want. Please, do not think I am attempting to alter your conclusions. I only submit mine for your review.

But since your definition of liberal is different than everyone Elses, I don't even know how to discuss this with you. Let's just say they show the bias you might expect considering 90% of them vote Democrat.

Democrats by and large are not very different from Republicans. This current crop of Democratic leaders is an unsightly bunch. I find it hard to believe they appear to have a chance of upsetting the power balance in Washington. It only shows how utterly inept the current Republican bunch is.

Sec --

Again, the NEWS.

News? News what? 55 killed in Iraq? that's news? Amanda Holloway news? Scott Peterson news?

None of that is news....and why did Lacy Peterson's murder get 300 prime time hours?

because people watch it right? And advertisers like that right? And they pay money for that right? So that is COPORATE MEDIA right? not 100's of examples as you suggest, but MILLIONS of examples....

There is no LIBERAL BIAS>.... There is Corporate Bias. and nothing else.

I'll let you decide which political party corporations prefer.

. TV news is equivalent to reading a comic book version of some classic novel. TV news is good for sports and weather

And the Lottery Number....:ThmbUp:

Tom
10-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Sounds like this guy played the "Kennedy Card."
Anyone drown?

GaryG
10-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Sounds like this guy played the "Kennedy Card."
Anyone drown?She may have drowned but I think Kennedy made sure her bra was fastened...

JustRalph
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
She may have drowned but I think Kennedy made sure her bra was fastened...
:lol: :lol:

Suff
10-24-2006, 03:42 PM
:lol:

double funny? I think not. Slighly humorous at best.

I give it

1 :confused:

1. :rolleyes:

and 1. :bang: , followed by an additional :ThmbDown: with a !

Tom
10-24-2006, 07:43 PM
ALL IN!

:lol::D:lol::D:lol: