PDA

View Full Version : BELMONT ENDS

PlanB
10-23-2006, 05:03 AM
There must be a God. I'm a weekend player and I was gone for 2 weekends
with no horse betting and played less races than usual and my outcome
for Belmont was ------- MINUS $800. It was close to being worse since
I score a plus $900 in Belmont's last race. I don't think my money loss tells the
story; I played much worse than ever. How about anyone else here. How
did Belmont go for you? (off to Brookfield WI)

PlanB
10-23-2006, 06:29 PM
No thoughts on this Belmont meet? ahhh,

cj
10-23-2006, 06:42 PM
It was great if you like NY breds, maidens, and turf, especially if the race was a combination of at least two of those three. The five horse stakes races were nice too.

I'll stick with Great Lakes Downs, Mountaineer, Penn, etc. until things turn around.

Tom
10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Ditto. I don't even download Belmont PPs anymore. Not worth looking at the entires. NTRA racing just sucs too much to be bothered with.
there has been a LOT of good racing out there this fall - outside New York.
I'll look back when they get some new management in there - Finger Lakes people? :rolleyes::lol:

speedking
10-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Ditto. I don't even download Belmont PPs anymore. Not worth looking at the entires. NTRA racing just sucs too much to be bothered with.
there has been a LOT of good racing out there this fall - outside New York.
I'll look back when they get some new management in there - Finger Lakes people? :rolleyes::lol:

Heck, I'll be sorry to see FL close for the season, Tom. Thought $89 on that 2nd race exacta was a gift.

speedking

the_fat_man
10-23-2006, 07:02 PM
I'll just stick to trying to find a place that serves THE BIG SALAD.

Yeah, I was all excited about playing the meet

but

I got kinda lazy and didn't write the code to spit out my POWER FIGURE/RATING

Now, mind you, this isn't just any POWER RATING

it's HUGEEEEEEEEE!!

And like the BIG SALAD, getting 2 smaller salads and putting them together just won't cut it.

Maybe I'll have the code completed in time for the Aqueduct Inner Track Meet. Then again, that's just a DULL, non competitive, LACKING in CREATIVITY MEET, so
maybe I should just focus on finding a local place that serves THE BIG SALAD

instead

PaceAdvantage
10-23-2006, 07:12 PM
You couldn't find too better bookends to a thread (PlanB aka Derek2u + The Fat Man)....

Priceless.....:lol:

PlanB
10-23-2006, 07:30 PM
PA, please explain. You're typing like Lefty. I just can't believe that no one
here didn't (a) Play Belmont's Meet and/or (b) Doesn't have an observation
regarding the races there. That's all, really. Maybe your post belongs in
Off Topic?

Tom
10-23-2006, 07:46 PM
How the hell can I play Velmont when they don't show head on replays? :rolleyes:
Even if they did, I woudn't have time to watch them - going to the bank every day with deposits from my power ratings is eating up my spare time.

SK- missed that one, but there have been others.
Problem with FL is I can't bet them anywhere but on track, and I don't like going to a track - any track. If my friend goes, I can call him on the cell and have him make bets for me, but he doens't go so much anymore - so FL gets away from me. 7 miles away and it might as well be in....Elmont.:D

But...they did open a Vegas- style buffet, just like the one at the Gold Coast, BillW - so maybe more trips are in the cards.

PaceAdvantage
10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
PA, please explain.

You're supposed to be a smart guy. Figure it out.

PlanB
10-23-2006, 07:57 PM
okay I'll try, coach, but I failed in Belmont & I was hoping someone had
some capping experiences there to help mr D.

PaceAdvantage
10-23-2006, 08:02 PM
The good news is that you don't have to worry about Belmont for another seven whole months.

PlanB
10-23-2006, 08:06 PM
AMEN, brother. U my Soul Man, PA, maybe I thought Belmont went
Polytrack, lol.

bigmack
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
You couldn't find too better bookends to a thread (PlanB aka Derek2u + The Fat Man)....
Priceless.....:lol:
PA throws down a doozy. I knew with your intelligencia that humor would spring forth in vigor.

PlanB
10-23-2006, 08:26 PM
BigMack, I found this Belmont meet humbling. Yet I couldn't focus like ususal
what with my new born son Jonathan and at the same time my wife & me with job demands, maybe my brain went bad. Like I said, I'm too sensative for
my own good.

bigmack
10-23-2006, 11:54 PM
BigMack, I found this Belmont meet humbling. Yet I couldn't focus like ususal what with my new born son Jonathan
Enjoy the JUnit. Life brings few joys and I trust you have found one.
Nags will always run, diapers are for now.

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2006, 01:01 AM
And then I go and screw it up by using TOO instead of TWO.....guess that shows I'm not from New England.....:lol:

BIG49010
10-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Best Belmont meet ever for me, I am getting used to the large fields of NYRA breds, and beginning to like it. Most cards had 90+ horses that spells $$$$ for me! :jump: I would say keep NYRA, give them slot money, and this and Saratoga were great improvements over the spring meet, where I got my brains beat out.

PlanB
10-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Congrats BIG, keep it rolling. I gonna make amends at Aqueduct.

46zilzal
10-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Aqueduct is the most consistent money making track. Can't wait till they are on the inner course.

1st time lasix
10-24-2006, 10:12 AM
the problem with Belmont ending....is that Aqueduct is beginning! That is a dreary place cold place for winter racing. The inner has an inside speed bias and the quality of racing/jockey colony is the worst of the three meets. No worries Churchill, Oaklawn, Tampa Bay, Gulfstream and Fairgrounds???? await.

Cesario!
10-24-2006, 10:20 AM
I second the love of Aqueduct. There's good consistency in the horses, you can see the paddock without having to move, and you get to see 2-turn miles during the inner meet.

And, for some reason, it holds a very special place in my heart. It represents a certain part of racing that's so different than Saratoga -- but a very strong part of the culture of playing the horses nonetheless.

GMB@BP
10-24-2006, 10:32 AM
This was my first time playing everyday at belmont fall. Some good and some bad. I feel like the stake racing was just terrible, for every good race there was a really bad one. The Allowance racing was pretty solid and so were the maidens. way to many mdn claimers and state breds though for me.

One thing, what happened to all the claimers? I dont think they could get one older horse claimer per card. hard hitting older claimers, those arnt bad races at all, much better then all these mdn claimers and state bred alw races.

BIG49010
10-24-2006, 10:32 AM
I pack my tack and move south, I play out Keeneland, and I am thinking about this year playing Chuchill, then I take a much needed rest and wait for Gulfstream to open.

I have thought about playing the Big "A" but it costs me too much to get up to full speed there.

Wiley
10-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Fairgrounds???? await.
Yep the Fairgrounds is scheduled for their traditional Thanksgiving day start this year, can't wait.

Ron
10-24-2006, 12:55 PM
I've never seen so many grown men cry at once.

JustRalph
10-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Aqueduct is the most consistent money making track. Can't wait till they are on the inner course.

me too. When does the inner meet start? If I remember, end of the year?

cj
10-24-2006, 02:46 PM
It usually starts right after the big Thanksgiving weekend of racing.

OTM Al
10-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Got to also agree about Aqueduct. It has always been my best track and I can't wait to get started! New York tracks are my staple, but I generally avoid most of Saratoga for action of any size (actually broke even there this year which was a big improvement over the past) and Belmont is really hit or miss for me (maybe its those 1 turn route races???). Aqueduct is the bread and butter. Speed holds, especially on the inner when it is cold and horses for courses are key.

Fastracehorse
10-24-2006, 03:10 PM
I remember alot of horses going wire to wire - which makes handicapping easier.

It's actually the best racing I've encountered at any individual meet all year for making out tickets.

fffastt

classhandicapper
10-24-2006, 05:22 PM
I had a very good Belmont meet despite the lack of many betting opportunities. :ThmbUp:

I did much better than I did at Saratoga where I got more horror show trips in 6 weeks than I usually get in a year. :ThmbDown: