PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine and Belmont out on Bel Express today

BIG49010
10-22-2006, 06:31 PM
I wonder if anybody else gets the full track feeds from Belmont and Woodbine, or chanel 475 & 476 on Express Vu. It seems like every Sunday my dish is out and they have that idiot on 478 HPI and I have to listen to him all day. :bang: I pay alot extra for it, and it ticks me off when it is out, and on top of it this is one of the best cards of the year from Woodbine.

beertapper
10-23-2006, 10:34 PM
I wonder if anybody else gets the full track feeds from Belmont and Woodbine, or chanel 475 & 476 on Express Vu. It seems like every Sunday my dish is out and they have that idiot on 478 HPI and I have to listen to him all day. :bang: I pay alot extra for it, and it ticks me off when it is out, and on top of it this is one of the best cards of the year from Woodbine.

i have HPItv and the odds channel... didn't opt for 475 + 476 as it was quite a big price jump.. You can always get a video stream of Woodbine on the internet. I'm fine with HPItv as is, although they always give priority to Harness racing when tracks like Mnr are on..

Do you know if HPItv will carry the Breeders Cup this year, or does ESPN control that one ?

BIG49010
10-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Turned out big wind storm moved dish just a cent or two.

They will have the track feed for B.C. on 476, so I would think they will show the races on 478. Don't you love how they put WO ahead of any other tracks, and the Harness ahead of others at night. I have sent them email, if you want to get more subscribers to the big dollar stuff, make the people wait for races to go off on 478 for NYRA and WO, then show us the people that pay more live races from KEE, CD or whatever when you have conflicts.

They also should shove a rag in that Igor's mouth?

ponyplayerdotca
10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Canada here.

I don't know about HPItv (although I HAVE to assume they will air the Churchill Downs card on Breeders' Cup day), but there will be no live cable coverage of the Breeders' Cup on TSN (The Sports Network).

They have golf commitments, so that Saturday afternoon, you will only be able to watch golf for like the umpteenth week in a row. Heaven forbid golf miss one afternoon a year for the Breeders' Cup. Ad revenues for golf trump all else except for the holy grail known as hockey. So, it's more like TSN = The Sales Network (T$N).

And this is the Canadian version (albeit a very poor one) of ESPN. They have all the ESPN programming contracts. But not for the Breeders' Cup. :bang:

Please post here whether or not HPItv announces they are showing it please. My buddy wants to know. I am trying to find out but have had no responses yet. Thanks. :ThmbUp:

beertapper
10-24-2006, 12:02 PM
on the hpitv.com website. good news..

"Breeders' Cup TV Coverage Update - Please note that the Breeders' Cup races will be televised on HPItv and TSN HD only. For HPItv subscription information please call
1-888-675-8886."